Taiwan News, Fox and others in media carried this just days ago from the recent Nike investors/analysts call. “During an earnings call this week, [CEO John] Donahoe explained that Nike had a long-term view of its operations in China, where it had been operating for about four decades,” said Fox. Taiwan News said – “Following Chinese anger at Nike’s concern over the alleged use of Uyghur forced labor in the production of cotton, CEO John Donahoe described the company as “a brand that is of China and for China.” “We are the largest sport brand there, and we are a brand of China and for China,” Donahoe said. “And the biggest asset we have in China is the consumer equity. Consumers feel a strong, deep connection to the NIKE, Jordan and Converse brands in China. And it’s real.” That mindset should be paired with Berkshire Hathaway (BRK) owned Clayton Homes CEO Kevin Clayton’s pleading on CNBC that the then Trump Administration tariffs against China should be lifted. Now that Biden’s in and Trump’s out of the White House, has there been any hue and cry by Clayton against Xi, Biden, or Chinese Communists? No, rather, there has been silence.
Indeed, Clayton’s claim that tariffs would ‘impact housing demand’ has been proven to be demonstrably false, as manufactured home sales have finally risen due to the extreme demand for affordable housing, despite skyrocketing materials costs. No thanks to Clayton or the Manufactured Housing Institute is merited, as the reports linked below reminds readers.
But that is just part of the decades-long Wall Street Dance with Communists in China. Left-leaning CNN on June 30, 2021 foreshadowed the 100th Anniversary of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). CNN’s headline: “The Chinese Communist Party is about to turn 100 but Xi will be the real star.” It is unclear if CNN made the punishing connection of their headline to the yellow stars on the Communist Chinese Party’s flag.
On July 1, 1921, CNN said “in a small brick house in Shanghai’s former French Concession, Mao Zedong and around a dozen other delegates gathered together in secret to form a new political party.
Much has changed since 1921, but the Chinese Communist Party, which today boasts more than 95 million members, equivalent to almost 7% of China’s entire population, has remained an ever present fixture — even as communist parties elsewhere collapse or fade from view.”
There statements above and much of what follows from CNN are largely true. But what is missing is the Wall Street connection – which is what has actually fueled much of the Chinese Communist modernization. It wasn’t communist practices, which caused tens of millions to starve, die, or get punished by what CNN admits has been a brutal regime. Rather, it was an influx of Western capital into China (or other low-wage nations) that was made possible by the ludicrous-in-hindsight move by the President Richard M. Nixon (37th U.S. President-Republican) to open China up to the West.
There have been decades of largely equal opportunity miscues by both major parties that led China to this modern high point in power, which some on Wall Street – like Nike’s Donohue or Clayton – celebrate and/or defend. When these business leaders posture being caring and woke, it’s their costume — a lie. They are all about the Federal Reserve issued notes called “dollars.” As more of those are being digitally created by decisions made in Washington, D.C., the apparent value of existing dollars is being eroded through the process commonly called “inflation.”
Those points noted, CNN’s weave of accurate and omitted insights resumes like this.
- “How do you prove that you are the legitimate government of China? You do so by putting on an enormous show to remind people of what you’ve given them. You’ve lifted them out of poverty, given them economic growth and restored China to a central place in the world,” Graeme Smith of the Australian National University told CNN in the run up to Thursday’s anniversary.
CNN continued and concluded as follows.
“But while the party has much to celebrate, particularly China’s growth from one of the poorest nations in the world into an economy on the brink of overtaking the US, it has also been responsible for some of darkest chapters of the last century, including the brutal repression of student protestors in Tiananmen Square, the decade of mayhem under former Chairman Mao Zedong’s Cultural Revolution, and the millions who starved to death as a result of disastrous CCP economic policy decisions.
Such incidents are unlikely to feature in Thursday’s trip down memory lane, having long been played down or simply censored outright within China. But that doesn’t mean they will be forgotten.
Whether the party likes it or not, its 100th anniversary will also provide an opportunity for the world to reflect on an organization whose power and reach now extends far beyond its own borders.
The party’s influence inside global organizations, including the United Nations, the World Bank and the World Health Organization, is growing and many Western nations are heavily reliant on China for their economic growth.
Of course, it’s far from certain that the Communist Party will continue on its current upward trajectory. But for better or worse, whatever the party does — and however long it lasts — its impact is likely to be felt across the world.” ##
This rapidly approaching Independence Day on July 4, 2021 will be the 245th anniversary since Thomas Jefferson, the drafter of the Declaration of Independence, and the other ‘founding fathers’ announced the signing of the U.S.A.’s most foundational document.
So, by comparison, the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is still relatively young.
MHProNews has consistently called out the problematic ties between communists and American or other capitalists. While China is the leading global polluter on the national level, they also utilize what amounts to slave labor. Put differently, businesses that operate in China are able to undercut the wages of American workers. They can violate principles in China that would be illegal in the U.S.
Some of the richest men in the world and their big brands are happy to do business there, as Nike, Microsoft, Berkshire Hathaway, Google, Facebook, and an array of other brands demonstrate. Over 1000 seemingly ‘woke’ brands that voluntarily gathered together under the U.S. “Civic Alliance” nonprofit banner publicly declare their belief in “democracy.” Meanwhile, many of them hypocritically are doing business in a Communist land where there is no such freedom to have an authentic vote. These are troubling truths, hiding in plain sight. They are exemplified by people like Nike’s Donohue’s publicly stated “We are the largest sport brand there, and we are a brand of China and for China.“ While Kevin Clayton’s 2019 pitch for easing tariffs on China was more subtle that Donohue’s embrace of the Chinese Communists, nevertheless the reality of its import for manufactured housing pros was not less important.
The far freer Taiwanese – official known as the Republic of China – are right across the straights of Taiwan from mainland China. Per left-leaning Wikipedia, the narrowest point between Communist China and the Republic of China on Taiwan is a mere 81 miles of water separating the two. Since the Biden-Harris team, right or wrong, has occupied the White House, China’s air force has been probing the Republic of China’s air defense more aggressively. With Hong Kong falling under the CCP’s sway during the Wuhan Coronavirus outbreak of 2020, Beijing has been eyeing their long-desired move to take Taiwan and ‘reunite’ China, by force if necessary. As the BBC put it, “The Chinese Communist Party has long spoken about unification” of Taiwan with the mainland: peacefully, if possible, by force, if necessary. Far more democratic Taiwan is bracing itself against a giant communist neighbor that has made its intentions known.
Once seemingly ‘conservative’ and American brands like Walmart were leaders in moving their supply chains to China and other non-U.S. places where they could find cheap labor that would be illegal in the U.S. They learned how to ‘hook’ America’s shoppers, who thereby were undermining the smaller shopkeepers that used to be the backbone of the American dream. To learn more about that, and how it has ripple effects on the U.S., American labor, see the report below. The duplicity of these brands that posture one thing, but do another knows few limits.
Speaking of Re-Unification by Force If Necessary…
In the U.S.A., the all-too-cozy with Communist China Biden-Harris regime is planning their move in a Democratically controlled Congress to pass by reconciliation a bill that would include the HOMES Act. If successful, the reconciliation process would require only 50 votes in the U.S. Senate, which the Democrats have. Per right-of-center Breitbart, “Democrats plan to federalize local zoning laws within the infrastructure reconciliation package to displace single-family homes with high-rise, low-income apartments to impact the already purple suburbs.
The reconciliation package plans to implement the destruction of the suburbs via a measure within the package called the “HOMES Act…” This is presumably part of the package that the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) said in a statement to their members that they were ‘studying.’ To which, MHProNews publicly asked – what is there for MHI to study? It does not take an economist to see that the bill on its face would fuel a further erosion of manufactured housing interests. It would do so in a fashion that would elevate multifamily housing, while HUD Secretary Marcia Fudge pays lip-service to manufactured housing interests.
Breitbart linked up this video, the first half of which is satirical Tucker Carlson on Fox News ripping the Biden regime for seeking to undermine suburbia and turn it blue from purple. Carlson’s show has often been the top-rated Fox News personality in recent months.
Carlson, without mentioning the “Build Back Better” and “Great Rest” by name, nevertheless used the tag line from the World Economic Forum’s “Great Reset” Video. “You’ll own nothing. You will be happy.” If that phrase isn’t brazen propaganda commissioned and produced by the corporate dominated World Economic Forum, what is? For those on the political left or right who dare call it out for what it is on its face, they are often denounced as ‘conspiracy theorists.’ Slurs and mudslinging aside, facts are what they are. MHProNews/MHLivingNews has spotlighted this issue previously, and has done so from voices on both sides of the left-right divide. That’s because the Great Reset is a real plan that the World Economic Forum (WEF) with its business and political leaders from numerous ‘Western’ nations has been pitching with WEF videos and position papers. The Orwellian line Carlson used from the WEF – “You’ll Own Noting and Be Happy” is the screen shot still from the big international business dominated WEF video posted below. While Biden and WEF defenders call this a ‘conspiracy theory,’ it is hardly fake when the WEF has produced the video that plug the misnamed Great Reset.
That “reset” is effectively a return to a feudalistic society. Two probes into that issue are linked below. Keep in mind that this is very much in keeping with what former California Governor and longtime Democrat Jerry Brown warned about during the Clinton Administration years.
You can’t make this stuff up. It is the truth hiding in plain sight. Nevertheless, it takes effort to organize the facts. Then, it takes a measure of courage to speak the truth that some do not want heard.
The big financial, big tech, big media, and big pharma powers that be in the U.S. – and in numerous other so-called Western nations – have several apparent advantages. They often have the deeper pockets.
The dominating brands often have ownership interests, big ad, or other apparent ties to major mainstream media and big tech.
Brands like CNN often have a larger parent company. CNN’s parent is WarnerMedia. Per Wikipedia, Warner Media is owned by AT&T. All but forgotten in the blitz of 24-7 news is the Christmas day bombing in Nashville, TN near an AT&T owned building. The 63-year-old suspect, Anthony Q. Warner that the Associated Press said last December was identified by DNA found at the scene of the blast largely vanished from the news. But the New York Times recalled the matter on June 2, 2021. “The authorities said Anthony Quinn Warner, 63, detonated an R.V. in downtown Nashville on Christmas and died in the explosion.” Some 6 months after the blast, the NY Times still reports authorities saying, “These pieces of information will help us understand the suspect’s motives.” Do they really not have Quinn and his motives figured out? Or is it too politically incorrect to say?
In the Topsy Turvey woke world of the U.S.A. on July 1, 2021 the truth is often stranger than fiction. A special report coming up on MHLivingNews will explore just how upside down things are as we approach American Independence Day. You just can’t make this stuff up. Next…
NOTICE: our sincere thanks to all those involved in making and keeping us not only the runaway number one in manufactured housing trade media, but also helping us buck the recently reported trends that reveal that as mainstream media audiences have dropped sharply, our audience has beat that trend. Learn about those mainstream and MHProNews/MHLivingNews details in the new report, linked below. In a land-of-lies and big liars, unpacking the truth takes effort. But apparently our audience thinks it is worth it. Thank you.
Next, is our evening market report and related left-right headlines.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left (CNN) – Right (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this business daily report has recently been modified, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market moving’ items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business = evening of 6.30.2021
- Overdraft fee crackdown
- A person uses an automated teller machine (ATM) at a temporarily closed JPMorgan Chase & Co. bank branch in New York, U.S., on Friday, April 10, 2020. JPMorgan Chase is scheduled to release earnings figures on April 14.
- Banks rake in $11 billion from them each year. Democrats want to put an end to that
- Robinhood slapped with biggest-ever penalty by Wall Street regulator
- Joe Biden’s stock market is up 12%, way ahead of Wall Street expectations
- Employers say they can’t find workers. But hiring is surging. Here’s why
- Amazon wants the new FTC chair recused from all its cases
- A plane nicknamed ‘Cosmic Girl’ just sent a rocket to space
- SpaceX launches 88 satellites in rideshare mission
- America can learn from Communist China, says Berkshire’s Charlie Munger
- The economy is booming, but Republicans are miserable
- China is facing its worst power shortage in a decade. That’s a problem for the whole world
- Tuition is now free at Yale School of Drama after largest donation in history of US theater
- McDonald’s and Popeyes aim to make customers come back more often
- Panera is selling Au Bon Pain again
- US government used facial recognition tech to monitor civil unrest after George Floyd’s death, report says
- Signs an employee may quit and what managers can do to prevent it
- Some of the highest gas prices in town are posted on a signboard at a gas station in downtown Los Angeles, California on June 22, 2021, as gasoline prices rise.
- Gas is above $3 and it will go higher if OPEC doesn’t act soon
- A Tesla Model 3 electric car presented at the Brussels Autosalon 2020 Motor Show in Brussels on January 9, 2020.
- Consumer Reports returns Tesla Model 3’s ‘Top Pick’ rating after stripping it away
- Gay marriage rights activists hold a giant rainbow flag outside the U.S. Supreme Court before the start of oral arguments on marriage equality on Tuesday, April 28, 2015.
- There are roughly two dozen lesbian bars in the United States. The ones that are left are evolving to survive
- AMERICA’S LABOR SHORTAGE
- A shopper enters a Designer Shoe Warehouse (DSW) store in the Herald Square area of New York, U.S., on Thursday, Aug. 6, 2020.
- DSW can’t find enough workers. It hopes self-checkout can fill the void
- Millions of jobs and a shortage of applicants
- American workers don’t want to go back to normal
- This is what it’s like to work in an Amazon warehouse
- She made her career working in restaurants. Then the pandemic happened
- A fuel truck leaves a fuel terminal after filling its tanks with gas on April 29, 2021 in Richmond, California. A lack of qualified truck drivers could lead to a shortage and gasoline this summer and could cause prices to spike. A gallon of regular unleaded gas is already at or around $4.00 in parts of California.
- Gas stations are running out of gas ahead of the holiday weekend
- Fireworks will be in short supply this year
- American Airlines canceling hundreds of flights
- Chip shortages are fueling inflation
- There’s a chicken wing shortage. So this chain wants you to start loving thighs
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 6.30.2021
- Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld Dead at 88
- Donald Rumsfeld, the defense secretary who became the face of U.S. foreign policy under President George W. Bush while the administration’s troop deployments toppled hostile regimes in Afghanistan and Iraq, has died. [Full Story]
- Newsmax TV
- Ron Vitiello: Trump Spotlights Biden’s Border Inattention
- Mark Morgan: Trump’s Border Visit One of ‘Actual Substance’ |
- Cloud: Trump’s Border Trip Spotlights Biden’s Inaction |
- Surfside Mayor: Not Time to Say When Collapse Search Will Stop |
- Jim Jordan: Fauci Is ‘Afraid of Something’ |
- Mo Brooks: Justice ‘Inequality’ Exists Between Jan. 6 Rioters, BLM, Antifa |
- Dershowitz : Trump Not Out of Danger of Prosecution |
- James Comer: No-Show Fauci Must Go |
- Peter Navarro: China, Fauci Both ‘Covered Up’ COVID |
- More Newsmax TV
- Trump in Texas: Border Was ‘Greatest Job Ever Done in History’
- Speaking at a portion of a border wall that suddenly just cuts off, former President Donald Trump, on his visit to the border with Texas GOP Gov. Greg Abbott, hailed the progress of his administration…… [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Trump in Texas: Secure Border, Fair Elections Key to Strong US
- Business Worries About Inflation Reach Highest Level in a Decade
- The share of businesses worried about inflation is at its highest [Full Story]
- US Judge Apologizes for ‘Partisan’ Comments on Trump Pardons
- A federal judge in Iowa admitted wrongdoing and publicly apologized [Full Story]
- ‘Cosby’ TV Wife, New Howard U Dean Phylicia Rashad Praises Star’s Sex Conviction Reversal
- Actress, and new Howard University Dean Phylicia Rashad who played [Full Story]
- Adams Camp Sues Over NYC Election Results Error
- Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams’ mayoral campaign filed a [Full Story]
- China Seeks to Control International Organizations, Strategy Has Limited Success
- For the past decade, China has been jockeying for control of various [Full Story] |
- House Votes to Launch New Probe of Jan. 6
- Split along party lines, the House launched a new investigation of [Full Story]
- NY Assembly to Begin Issuing Subpoenas in Cuomo Impeachment Investigation
- The New York State Assembly Judiciary Committee announced on [Full Story]
- FBI Turns to Offense to Thwart Growing Threat of Cyberattacks
- For the last several years, FBI agents debated turning the tables on [Full Story]
- Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld Dead at 88
- Onetime Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has died at 88, surrounded [Full Story]
- Hilarious Mask Says ‘This Mask is as Useless as Biden’
- Rent Catches Up to Pre-Pandemic Estimates, Except in Big Cities
- As the first Covid-19 lockdowns began in the U.S. last year, the cost [Full Story]
- WH Still Weighing Travel Curbs, Does Not See Traveler Vaccine Mandate
- The United States is still weighing its COVID-19 travel restrictions [Full Story]
- SPONSOR: Doctors stunned: 98lb weight loss discovery [Full Story]
- Elon Musk’s Starlink to Deliver Internet Nearly Worldwide Within Weeks
- Elon Musk’s satellite network Starlink is on track to beam broadband [Full Story]
- Trump Up in 2020 Among Non-College Educated Hispanics
- Donald Trump did markedly better in the 2020 election among Hispanic [Full Story]
- Apple Faces Demand to Bar Watch From US as Fight Widens
- Masimo Corp. is expanding its legal fight against Apple Inc., filing [Full Story]
- Bill Cosby Freed From Prison After Sex Conviction Is Overturned
- Pennsylvania’s highest court overturned Bill Cosby’s sex assault [Full Story]
- Actor Allison Mack Gets 3 Years in NXIVM Sex-Slave Case
- TV actor Allison Mack, who played a key role in the scandal-ridden, [Full Story]
- Cotton Calls Rep. Omar ‘a Voice for Hamas’
- Tom Cotton, R-Ark., on Wednesday accused Rep. Ilhan Omar, [Full Story]
- Weak Media Attack From CBS, WashPost on Florida Gov. DeSantis as Star Rises
- A reporter for The Washington Post recently tweeted a claim that [Full Story]
- Gas Prices Expected to Continue to Rise
- Gas prices rose Monday to an average of $3.10 per gallon Monday and [Full Story]
- Trump Organization, CFO Expected to Be Charged Thursday: Wall Street Journal
- The Manhattan district attorney is expected to charge former [Full Story]
- Surfside Mayor to Newsmax: Not Time to Say When Collapse Search Will Stop
- The search for survivors of the Champlain South Towers [Full Story] |
- Warren Buffett Says COVID’s Economic Impact ‘Not Over’
- Warren Buffett told CNBC that the unpredictability of an uneven [Full Story]
- Trump in Texas: Secure Border, Fair Elections Key to Strong US
- Former President Donald Trump, speaking to a gathering of law [Full Story] |
- Trump: Biden’s Border Policies ‘Utterly Depraved,’ Sabotaged the Wall
- It is a vast understatement to say President Joe Biden “has provoked [Full Story]
- Putin: US Aircraft Involved in Black Sea UK Incident
- Russian President Vladimir Putin said Wednesday that a U.S. [Full Story]
- Lawmakers Criticize IRS for Denying Christian Nonprofit Tax-Exempt Status
- Numerous Republican members of Congress rebuked the Internal Revenue [Full Story]
- NSA Surveillance Program Raising Concerns, Years After Exposure
- In 2013, Edward Snowden, a former contractor with the National [Full Story]
- Arkansas COVID Vaccine Incentives Falling Short
- Despite a $1 million incentive program to get more Arkansas residents [Full Story]
- History Canceled? House Passes Bill to Remove Confederate Statues From Capitol
- The Democrat-controlled House of Representatives on Tuesday passed a [Full Story]
- More Newsfront
- Warren Buffett Says COVID’s Economic Impact ‘Not Over’
- Warren Buffett told CNBC that the unpredictability of an uneven economic impact from the COVID-19 pandemic is far from over. “Many hundreds of thousands or millions of small businesses have been hurt… [Full Story]
- How Last Century’s Oil Wells Are Messing With Texas Right Now
- Private Payrolls Increase Solidly in June: ADP
- Jimmy Lai’s Next Digital to Shut July 1, Memo Says
- Fed’s Waller Says Economic Progress Warrants Earlier Taper
- More Finance
- Common Viruses Surge Due to COVID ‘Immunity Debt’
- Healthcare experts around the world are warning that while cases of COVID-19 are declining there is a surge of viral outbreaks from other, more common diseases. By avoiding contact with others last year we failed to build up natural immunity and we will pay the price…. [Full Story]
- Experts Debate the Dangers of the Delta Variant
- Bug Bites are Bothersome and Dangerous: How to Protect Yourself
- ‘Mono’ Virus Linked to Long-Haul COVID
- Breakthrough COVID Infections Resulting in Hospitalization and Death
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.