From President Donald J. Trump’s vantage point, as he has said before, he’s “playing with the bank’s money.” The market and the economy are miles ahead of where they were 2½ years ago. It appears that part of his strategy is to get as much as he can get done to keep advancing his promised campaign agenda to get the structural fixes long needed by the economy. The flip side is that his political enemies are using what to them is ammunition for fueling their seemingly incessant attacks. Several items are coming into sharper focus this week, including the border battle, the Trump Administration’s love for the tool of tariffs, and the long-awaited start of antitrust moves, which initially are focused on big tech. On a day when the markets rose, these will be our highlight for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- US jobs on the line
- A new report finds tariffs on Mexico could cost 400,000 American jobs
- LIVE UPDATES Dow posts third day of gains
- Tech’s antitrust problem has been out in the open for years
- Alphabet is betting big on moonshots but so are startups
- Michelin and GM are working on a puncture-proof tire
- China slaps Ford’s joint venture with fine
- Amazon’s new futuristic drone will soon deliver packages
- Carnival Cruise Lines paid $40 million for polluting and trying to cover it up. Now it has to cough up another $20 million for violating its probation
- Fitness startup Peloton files to go public
- GM won’t be getting tariff relief for its Buick SUVs made in China
- Indian startup Zomato gives employees 26 weeks paid parental leave and $1,000 per child
- Walmart is getting rid of its blue vests. Here’s what the new ones look like
- Seven years after Sandy Hook, YouTube will ban videos denying it happened
- Hasbro and Mattel are making toys matter again
- The real reason you aren’t getting promoted at work
- How long should you stay at a job if you aren’t being promoted?
- Minority employees are often asked to work ‘double duty’
- How to handle a slacker at work
- What happens when women mentor men
- The video game sales slump is killing GameStop
- Topshop is closing all US stores
- Dressbarn is going out of business
- Planet Fitness is moving into Toys ‘R’ Us and Sears stores
- American retailers already announced 6,000 store closures this year. That’s more than all of last year
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- GM CEO Mary Barra: Mexico tariff impact is ‘really hard to tell’
- Private sector adds just 27,000 jobs in May, missing Wall Street’s expectations
- Dow jumps 207 points as rate cut fever gains momentum
- Top 2020 Democrats offering health care to campaign staffers
- MLB legend Pete Rose: I’m totally over the Hall of Fame
- Trump tells Mexico to ‘step up’ after top trade advisor casts doubt on new tariffs
- Walmart CEO may fire up federal minimum wage debate
- Nucor once thwarted a Chinese attempt to steal its technology
- Kawhi Leonard, other Toronto Raptors stars’ tax bills among worst in the NBA
- Bill Gates, Warren Buffett’s Dairy Queen shift draws laughs from customers
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos buys 3 New York City condos for $80M: report
- Amazon says Prime Air will begin delivering packages via drones ‘within months’
- Under fire from opponents, FCC poised to advance robocall proposal
- Medical marijuana pioneer: One ‘crazy’ money-making pot stock you need to own
- LabCorp says 7.7 million customers may have been affected by data breach
- UK trade chief: Brexit delaying a very big deal with US
- What investors need to know about SEC’s new broker standards
- Edgar Allan Poe’s pocket watch could snatch 6-figure sum at auction
- At Amazon event, Robert Downey Jr. reveals plan to use ‘robotics’ and other tech to clean up earth
- Kate Spade foundation accomplishes $1M pledge toward mental wellness organizations
- Fitness company Peloton confidentially files to go public
- Wells Fargo pledges $1B for affordable housing
- Good vs. terrible bosses: What to know
- Urgent solution to retirement planning challenges
- The costly retirement planning mistake most American workers are making right now
- Social Security benefits: 5 ways to increase your retirement checks
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Congressman Doug Collins, R-GA, on the antitrust probe of tech companies and the battle over border security, is featured in an interview earlier today by Maria Bartiromo of right-of-center Fox Business.
Investors who ‘move’ have faced a daunting set of challenges in the last year or so. Political events have often overshadowed economic realities.
In recent days, the following issues have boiled to the surface in more urgent ways:
· The border crisis has sparked a threat by the 45th president of tariffs on Mexico, if they don’t control the flow of migrants across their country coming to cross the U.S.-Mexican border illegally.
· Right or wrong, the Federal Reserve has been under fire for their handling of rate hikes and the unwinding of their Obama era QE buys to prop up the markets.
· The Chinese trade and tariff tussle is to a serious degree also motivated by their communist government’s calculus about U.S. domestic politics.
The mantra that investor crave certainty is as true now as before, but D.C. politics is arguably deliberately targeting the tax and regulatory policy changes in 2017, with the aim of cooling an economy that otherwise will propel the 45th president to reelection.
As this is going to press, Mexican and U.S. talks are underway. Mexico’s border with their neighboring Central American countries is less than 10 percent that of the U.S. Mexico border. Resolving that issue could be a useful step in addressing a growing backlog of international and domestic challenges in a highly partisan Washington. More will be known in the hours and days ahead.
The final point ought to be manufactured home specific. HUD Secretary Ben Carson is arguably doing more about promoting manufactured homes as an important part of the solution to the affordable housing crisis as the nation has seen in a good two decades. But there are evidence-based reasons to believe that he’s not getting all the facts about two words that if understood and enforced by HUD could make the difference. Those two words? Enhanced preemption.
In this raucous market and investment environment, what ought to be a continual bright spot is manufactured housing. Learn more why it is underperforming at the report linked below.
HUD Secretary Ben Carson, Affordable Housing, Obscuring the Truth, Innovations in Housing, and Manufactured Homes – Masthead L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
Hold the headline for 125 words. Poisoning the well. Salting the fields. Those are but two of several ancient methods some enemies used to harm their opponents. The notion behind those vile tactics was if you could kill off their drinkable water or their food supply, someone could effectively destroy their enemy.
Ultimate, Proven Contrarian Investing – Ethical vs. Unethical, Legal vs Illegal Manufactured Housing Industry Strategies – Masthead L. A. ‘Tony’ Kovach
For the next few minutes, imagine a hedge fund or deep pockets investor. In the following blend of the hypothetical mixed with numerous significant linked elements of evidence formed by reality, picture in your mind the following. Reflect on an outsider looking into why Warren Buffett – or other lesser known, yet successful investors – …
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.