Before getting into the headline report in our featured focus segment further below, it is worth noting that reports are increasing that by the communist Chinese government and the World Health Organization (WHO) provided inadequate, inaccurate – and per U.S. intelligence – deliberately false information. Based on those increasing reports is a reflection that impacted on the initial response in the U.S. and dozens of nations around the world.
That said, Marcus & Millichap, Inc. (MMI) invited MHProNews to attend their webinar, which reportedly had record attendance, no doubt due to the timely content. That will be further below.
In our left-right headline recap, there are some notable and problematic bullets. It is part of the reality of news – perhaps even more so when it is pandemic related – today. With that caveat, let’s dive into our nightly market reports.
Every Business Evening – Headline Insights-at-a-Glance.
Every weekday night that the stock markets are open, we provide headlines from left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. It is sometimes surprising how much We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Oil prices soar 25%
- ANDREWS, TX – JANUARY 20: An oil pumpjack works at dawn in the Permian Basin oil field on January 20, 2016 in the oil town of Andrews, Texas. Despite recent drops in the price of oil, many residents of Andrews, and similar towns across the Permian, are trying to take the long view and stay optimistic. The Dow Jones industrial average plunged 540 points on Wednesday after crude oil plummeted another 7% and crashed below $27 a barrel.
- There is hope for a truce in the brutal oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia
- Unemployment: A 3,000% jump in jobless claims has devastated the US job market
- A look back: The March jobs report won’t show just how bad things will get
- LIVE UPDATES Stocks close higher, snapping a 2-day losing streak
- Lending: Banks were the problem in 2008. This time, they can help
- Recovery: How quickly can the US economy bounce back? That depends
- Disappearing dividends: The next hit to your retirement fund
- Opinion: I’m losing $20,000 a day. Here’s how the government can help me
- OTHER TOP STORIES
- Marco Tronchetti Provera, chief executive officer of Pirelli & C. SpA, gestures as he speaks during an investor day in Milan, Italy, on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020. Pirelli is targeting using electricity produced only from renewable sources by 2025, and aims to make its production carbon neutral by 2030.
- CEO of Italian tire maker Pirelli: US business leaders should prepare now for the worst
- Amazon says it’s taking coronavirus seriously. Workers say it’s endangering their health
- Zoom CEO apologizes for having ‘fallen short’ on privacy and security
- Why the coronavirus crisis will expand America’s racial wealth gap
- Boeing offering buyouts as it projects recovery will take years
- China’s Luckin Coffee plunges 75% on accounting probe
- Car sales are plunging in the US
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Small business coronavirus loan program is ready, Mnuchin says
- JPMorgan Chase & Co told business clients it might not be able to begin accepting applications on Friday as officials have promised.
- Oil rockets higher in biggest-ever one-day gain after Trump calls on Saudis, Russia to end price war
- Stocks spike last-minute after Trump’s Saudi-Russian price war intervention gets results
- Can retirees get virus relief check?
- Amazon won’t sell these virus-related items
- How small businesses can get aid
- Can I get unemployment while furloughed?
- LATEST: State-by-state travel restrictions
- All Americans may soon be asked to wear masks
- FULL LIST: Businesses still open
- How/where to get a job during in coronavirus pandemic
- What to do if you’re fired during coronavirus
- Why Paycheck Protection is so important
- $350B in coronavirus small-biz loans starts Friday
- Hobby Lobby closes after defying coronavirus-prompted orders
- Why America’s real job crisis may be way worse than March’s grim numbers
- Coronavirus punishes Warren Buffett’s equity holdings
- SEE IT: Tom Brady moving into Derek Jeter’s Florida mansion
- FBI raid uncovers over 190,000 N95 masks, crucial supplies stashed away
- Coronavirus leads Target to supply all employees with masks, gloves for work
- Powerball changes jackpot amid coronavirus crisis
- Three Wall St. firms to run coronavirus relief for airlines
- Loughlin, Giannulli make new bid to dismiss college admissions charges
- Cruise line bookings not going anywhere, experts say
- Coronavirus pandemic slashes 401(k) matches across America
- Coronavirus makes these market sectors a ‘death trap’: Minerd
- Anti-malaria drug discovered to help fight coronavirus
- What to do if your employer stops matching on 401(k)
- Coronavirus spurs Delta Airlines subsidiary to start manufacturing face shields
- Coronavirus-stricken cruise ship Zaandam docks in Florida
- Coronavirus prompts Lowe’s to expand health care benefits, increase hourly wages
- Oprah donates $10M for coronavirus relief
- Coronavirus small business loans: Lenders prepare for surge of affected applicants
- Coronavirus may tap Tesla’s brakes on deliveries
- SXSW, Amazon combat coronavirus with free film-streaming event
- Residents snitch on businesses in coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus layoffs inspired this business to help women dress for job success
- Coronavirus prompts Gravity Payments staff to take pay cuts
- Pennsylvania resumes liquor sales after coronavirus closure, website crash
- Amazon ‘not practicing’ coronavirus safety protocols at warehouses, lawmakers allege
- How students can learn during coronavirus without internet
- Pepsi commits more than $45M to coronavirus food, PPE initiatives
- Luckin Coffee accuses operating chief of financial misconduct
- Amazon enacts new coronavirus measures after employees protest safety conditions
- Security detail required for top doctor on White House coronavirus task force
- WATCH: MyPillow CEO defends coronavirus briefing remark to ‘read the bible’
- Thernaos founder Holmes wants trial deemed ‘essential,’ judge fires back
- Why FDA says Zantac should be ‘immediately’ removed from market
- Why top US banks may shun rescue plan for small companies
- Netflix’s ‘Tiger King’ in coronavirus isolation, husband says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon returns to work after heart surgery, recovering ‘well’
- Varney: Coronavirus turning lawmakers into ‘big spenders’
- Race is on to avoid hidden coronavirus carriers
- Cruise ship carrying confirmed coronavirus cleared to dock in Florida
- Nursing home industry facing crisis as coronavirus infections, deaths surge
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
MHProNews plans to refer to some of this data in the days ahead. A few points are worth mentioning.
- Much of the factual material pulled together by Marcus & Millichap, Inc. provides a useful set of references, not only for commercial real estate, but also for the broader economic and historic picture.
- MMI shared some historic comparison data that could be summed up like this. While this may be an unprecedented event – the federal and state governments shutting down private businesses for the sake of a response to a pandemic – MMI’s statements and data reflect an unprecedented and prompt response by the Trump Administration, the Federal Reserve (Fed), Congress and others.
- Perhaps for political reasons, the terms President Trump and Trump Administration were avoided in their discussion.
- The overall thrust of the comments might be summed up like this. There will be winners and losers. But the steps taken, given the decision to respond to the COVID19 pandemic in this fashion as have so many other nations has been swift.
- Manufactured housing was not specifically addressed, but some of the broad brush points below will shed light on that topic.
- The numbers on the slides are arbitrary and not those of MMI, and were used simply to show the sequence of the original presentation.
The related reports may prove more meaningful in the light of the above.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.
Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach