President Donald J. Trump could rest easy, argue several 2020 Democratic hopefuls, if Senator Elizabeth Warren (MA-D) were to become their party’s nominee for president. Be that as it may, she is currently the leader in Iowa polling, where the first voting will take place in early 2020. On a day that stocks soared on good jobs numbers and renewed optimism for a U.S.-China trade deal, we’ll look at some of the details behind the Warren “Medicare for All” plan.
Regular readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Trump says this state may play historic role in US-China trade deal
- EXCLUSIVE: Peter Navarro says US-China trade deal will take 3 phases
- WATCH: White House trade guru says US had ‘good talks’ with China
- Beto O’Rourke drops out of 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Anthony Scaramucci makes bold 2020 prediction
- How much Elizabeth Warren’s Medicare-for-all proposal would cost Jeff Bezos
- Warren reveals how she’ll pay for $52 trillion Medicare-for-all plan
- 4 steps that could make $1 million difference in your retirement savings
- S&P 500 and Nasdaq close at record highs after strong jobs report
- This singer is the latest celeb to announce Las Vegas residency
- Trump plans to ban flavored vaping products with 2 exceptions: report
- ‘Pain, suffering and embarrassment’: Customer reportedly sues Starbucks
- Will Trump escape New York taxes with Florida move?
- US tones down China’s optimism about progress in trade talks
- ‘This is awkward’: Chick-fil-A owns up to marketing gaffe
- SEE PICS: Inside the floating mansion making a splash on the high seas
- Another Obama era regulation bites the dust
- China beats US in WTO case, can hit America with $3.5B sanctions
- Teen scientist invents award-winning bandage that could replace antibiotics
- Student-athletes shouldn’t be taxed likeness profits: congressman
- The staggering real cost of daylight savings time to the US economy
- Luck of ‘The Irishman’? Producer says Netflix ‘playing by their own rules’
- Ford-UAW vote to send contract to rank & file
- Extreme saver thinks she has an even better idea than retirement
- Love zombies and podcasts? Get ready for this
- SEE PIC: Why this hostel is displaying 10-year-old McDonald’s meal
- Delta Airlines faces flight attendant unionization push
- Trump wants more money in middle America’s wallets: Kudlow
- ‘Something doesn’t fit’: NYC mayor has suspicions about Jeffrey Epstein’s death
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- Google walkout organizers learn what happens when you challenge the company that pays you
- S&P 500, Nasdaq hit new record high
- The US added 128,000 jobs in October, topping dour forecasts
- Opinion: Unemployment is near a record low, but it’s not all good news
- Russia rolls out its ‘sovereign internet.’ Is it building a digital Iron Curtain?
- Coal workers fear for pensions after Murray Energy bankruptcy
- Starbucks doesn’t want you to order at its newest store
- New Toys ‘R’ Us wants to change how stores sell toys
- McDonald’s is bringing back retro Happy Meal toys
- A safer way to fly? This plane can land itself
- Deadspin named its last editor-in-chief, who already quit
- Hemp is legal. Here comes the tricky part
- Popeyes mocks Chick-fil-A’s National Sandwich Day blunder
- How Apple and Microsoft could blow up the stock market
- REVIEW The $249 AirPods Pro are an audiophile’s dream and still easy to lose
- Driving the Shelby GT500, the most powerful car Ford has ever made
- Porsche’s first electric car is filled with screens
- GM unveils first Corvette convertible with a hardtop roof
- Road tripping in a $3 million Bugatti
- Lamborghini’s first hybrid car is also its fastest
- The United States Air Force announced its mysterious X-37B space plane landed on October 27, 2019, after 780 days in space.
- US Air Force’s mysterious space plane lands after record 780 days in orbit
- A safer way to fly? This plane can land itself
- Airbus cut its delivery target by 30 planes
- Virgin Galactic soars in its stock exchange debut
- Elon Musk: Crew Dragon spacecraft for NASA could fly astronauts in 3 to 4 months
- What you should know about the new wave in streaming
- Apple TV+ is coming for your iPhone
- Networks could be pawns in the streaming wars
- HBO Max goes ‘all in’ on its big genre-driven streaming bet
- Here are the movies and shows coming to HBO Max
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Focus/Featured Report – Markets/Political/Big Picture/Stock
Let’s note in passing that former Representative Beto O’Rourke has announced that he is dropping out of the 2020 race for the Democratic presidential nomination. Having started out flying high, his campaign has been stuck in single digits for months.
Now, let’s look tonight at two different left-of-center videos, one from ABC News, the other from CNBC, focused on the announcement from the Warren Campaign on how she plans to pay for her so-called “Medicare for All” plan.
Bullets per CNBC:
- Elizabeth Warren pledges not to raise middle class taxes to fund her “Medicare for All” plan.
- Her campaign says her plan would cost “just under” the $52 trillion the government projects for the health system over a decade.
- Warren has faced more pressure to detail the costs of her health plan as she emerged as one of the Democratic front-runners.
- Elizabeth Warren pledged Friday not to raise middle-class taxes to fund her “Medicare for All” plan, responding to pressure she faced as she emerged as a front-runner in the race for the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination.
- Warren’s campaign said her single-payer health plan would cost the country “just under” $52 trillion over a decade, which includes $20.5 trillion in new federal spending. It estimates the proposal would cost just less than the estimated $52 trillion in spending for the current system over 10 years.
More moderate candidates in the Democratic party are already taking shots on her plan. It will be fascinating to see how this plays out, because healthcare was a big winning issue for Democrats in the 2018 midterm cycle.
Stay tuned, and check out the related reports.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)