The results might surprise some. It’s a comparison of the last 3 year of economic comparisons to the first 3 years of the Trump Administration. Our report tonight will also include other insights and facts as our featured focus.
Periodic readers of this business-nightly feature should note there are new tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Trump campaign runs misleading ads warning of Super Bowl censorship
- Walmart takes a step toward owning the food chain
- Stocks dive as fears over coronavirus spread
- McDonald’s closes restaurants in five Chinese cities as the virus spreads
- China’s ‘motor city’ hit hard by coronavirus
- Disney closes Shanghai park as virus fears grow
- Why it’s so hard to tell if Trump really is open to cutting entitlements like Medicare
- Davos ends with disagreement on climate and Greta Thunberg on the march
- More than half the people in the US are about to see a shift in their credit score
- Is there any reason to own an individual stock?
- DirecTV rushes to dispose of satellite that might explode
- This year’s Samsung Galaxy phones may be called the S20 and S20+
- Opinion: America can’t afford to lose to China in the 5G race
- ‘Cats’ box office disaster tanks Universal’s profit
- Boeing reported that its profits were down by more than half in the latest quarter. The company has finished updates and testing on the 737 MAX and plans to have the planes flying by the end of the year.
- FAA says 737 Max could return sooner than Boeing said
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl ad
- A pedestrian walks by a Papyrus store on January 22, 2020 in San Francisco, California. Greeting card and stationery chain Papyrus announced plans to shutter all of its 254 retail stores in the next four to six weeks. Papyrus employs on estimated 1,400 people.
- Papyrus, another mall staple, is closing all its stores
- WORKING SMARTER
- What 12 minutes with a famous CEO can teach you
- Four-day workweeks and stock options: How Shake Shack lures workers in a tight market
- Delta gave its employees 2 months of extra pay. Here’s why that’s good business
- How to show your employees you appreciate them
- The hazards of being CEO
- NO DRIVER NEEDED
- Pilot models of the Uber self-driving car is displayed at the Uber Advanced Technologies Center on September 13, 2016 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- Uber launched a groundbreaking driverless car service, stealing ahead of Detroit auto giants and Silicon Valley rivals with technology that could revolutionize transportation.
- Uber prepares to test its self-driving cars in Washington, DC
- This self-driving car has no steering wheel or pedals
- Self-driving scooters are coming to city sidewalks
- Uber and Hyundai team up to put flying taxis in the sky
- Ford CEO: Autonomous vehicles will solve problems
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- ‘It was rape’: Actress Rosie Perez gives damning testimony at Weinstein trial
- Actress Annabella Sciorra has accused movie mogul Harvey Weinstein of raping her in the 1990s.
- Weinstein defense grills Sciorra: Why didn’t you go to De Niro or Stallone?
- Spreading coronavirus in same family as nasty bugs that have killed hundreds
- Stocks tumble as another case of deadly coronavirus confirmed in US
- ‘FROZEN WITH FEAR’: Deadly outbreak shuts down Disney, McDonald’s stores
- ‘Slow and painful’: Popular DNA testing company slashes staff amid rising fears
- Your post office is about to get more expensive
- Thanks to Trump, the era of economic surrender is over
- Big windows, better temperature control: Peek inside new Boeing 777X
- Patriots legend jokes about Eli Manning retirement, Super Bowl rivalry
- High-profile CEO ‘super sorry’ for comparing reporters to sex monsters
- Gwyneth Paltrow ‘vagina-scented’ gift woos Elton John
- Chiefs star Patrick Mahomes’ cereal dominating sales expectations
- Hooters leaps into chicken wing wars fueled by NFL championship fever
- Poll reveals how many Americans think Huawei should be removed from US
- Warren defends student loan initiative after confrontation at campaign event
- Why Super Bowl Gatorade bath is worth millions to sports drink brand
- 5 vehicles of all sizes that give you the most bang for your buck
- Manufacturing thriving in these 5 cities despite nationwide slowdown
- Out for blood: Ex-Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes providing own defense in civil suit
- Breastfeeding frenzy: Women protest Chick-fil-A after nursing mom uproar
- Beer company cracks open genius way of bringing customers and dogs together
- Trump border chief: Counterfeit goods flooding into US pose national security threat
- Taylor Swift documentary makes dark reveal in Sundance documentary
- How Amazon may be impacted by deadly coronavirus outbreak
- DraftKings fantasy baseball owners sue MLB over sign-stealing
- Intel stock jumps to highest price since dot-com bubble
- Boeing may avoid another production slashing thanks to US-China trade deal
- Houston Rockets send Chinese New Year greeting amid Hong Kong tweet fallout
- Weinstein defense grills Sciorra: Why didn’t you go to De Niro or Stallone?
- Coco Gauff stuns Naomi Osaka at Australian Open
- WATCH: Dad confronts Elizabeth Warren over student loans, asks for money back
- ‘Great Workplace’ test is good news for some Walmart employees
- Democrats skewer Trump over tax returns — but Bloomberg hasn’t released his either
- Financial expert reveals the best way to make your retirement rewarding
- US transportation secretary doesn’t sound optimistic about Boeing 737 Max return
- Nestle teams up with plant-based ingredients makers
- Twenty states sue to block White House from allowing 3-D printed guns
- Intel sees 2020 as a turnaround year for chip industry
- SEE IT: Cadillac gives sneak peak of new Escalade, Spike Lee to unveil
- Restaurants adding extra charge on bills to help fund climate change fight
- How much Super Bowl rings cost
- Working from home can take a toll on your mental health, study finds
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Matthew Broderick selling $19M New York townhouse: Report
- When Trump will sign USMCA trade agreement at the White House
- Peanut is dead! Which brand icon should walk the plank next?
- Meghan Markle, baby Archie now in Canada, but still on the hook for US taxes
- Meet the York family, the San Francisco 49ers owners
- Parents of girl who died on cruise make bombshell claim about surveillance photos
- How Trump’s economy compares to economies of past presidents
- Why J.Lo, other performers don’t get paid for Super Bowl halftime show
- Brands and products millennials say they can’t live without
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Meet
This evening’s report draws data elements from Fox Business and CNBC. It also includes a video clip of President Donald J. Trump at Davos, talking about some of what he sees as his administration’s accomplishments.
President Trump addresses the World Economic Forum in Davos and
discusses the economic prosperity America is experiencing.
Manufacturing rose 3.6 percent during Trump’s three years, which was more than double the rise of 1.7 percent in the three years under Obama before that, according to government data.
Manufacturing employment also rose under Trump, with 487,000 manufacturing jobs created.
In contrast, in the three years prior to Trump’s term, manufacturing employment rose by 287,000 jobs.
This data below will have an added item from a prior Fox Business report.
A distinction needs to be made in this data too. During the Obama Administration there was a series of QEs or Quantitative Easing policies that featured the Federal Reserve essentially propping up the stock market through purchase.
By contrast, for several months, the Federal Reserve was unwinding its holdings which amounted to a headwind for stocks under the Trump years that were the opposite of what was occurring during years of the Obama Administration.
“Before Mr. Trump took office in January 2017, the Congressional Budget Office forecast the creation of only two million jobs by this point. The economy has in fact created seven million jobs,” wrote former Trump chief economic advisor Gary Cohn and former Trump chair of the Council of Economic Advisers Kevin Hassett in a Wall Street Journal article.
Certainly, the Obama administration inherited an economy in free fall. That halted and slowly reversed. But the Obama Administration also created more debt than any other administration in U.S. history.
The 2017 tax cuts has, as was projected, boosted revenues, but spending has remained high. President Trump has said that getting the debt and budget under control would be a priority in his second term, presuming his reelection on November 3, 2020.
Then there is the runaway #1 trade media report in all of MHVille in January, 2020
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.