Our left-right evening market recap of bulleted headlines from CNN Business and Fox Business often reflect widely different types of reports that each believed was relevant for that day. That’s just one of numbers of reminders that perception varies on what ought to be factual issues. In such an Alice-in-Wonderland, through the looking glass darkly environment, it is not a surprise that perceptions may differ on manufactured housing connected issues.
Regular readers know that MHProNews takes a more benign view of the left-right media divide than many partisans do, precisely because there are good examples of sound reporting that come from each side of that divide that award-winning Sharyl Attkisson’s useful infographic below provides.
We often concur with those we may generally disagree with on a focused topic, using the prudent principle of separating the wheat from the chaff. When even a stopped clock is correct twice daily, it is a good reason to ponder statements, evidence, and claims on their own merits – based upon relevant fact- and reason-based evaluations.
That said, tonight’s featured focus is on an issue that draws a sharp divide among manufactured housing industry professionals. It is the latest step with respect to allegations of antitrust, market-rigging, deceptive trade and other practices impacting manufactured housing. Few topics in MHVille are hotter.
That will be our focus tonight.
Regular readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Newsy, Peeling Back Media Bias, Manufactured Housing Sales, Investing, Politics, and You
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Renewable energy is booming …
- … But it’s still not growing fast enough to fight climate change
- This rally would be even stronger if it weren’t for Boeing
- Facebook tries to get its house in order ahead of 2020 election
- JPMorgan wants to hire people with criminal backgrounds
- Jamie Dimon says Libra will never happen, and he wishes he could take JPMorgan private
- Not all recessions are a crisis, and the next one won’t be as bad as 2008
- CVS to test drone delivery for your medications
- End of GM strike still uncertain, despite tentative labor deal
- Opinion: The cost of tampons is hurting low-income girls. Let’s fix that
- Dunkin’ is launching its Beyond Meat sandwich nationally
- The owner of Saks Fifth Avenue is going private
- How India’s farmers are using technology to feed more than a billion people
- How to be the perfect job reference
- Facebook: Russian trolls are back. And they’re here to meddle with the 2020 election
- Burger King is selling a ‘Ghost Whopper’ for Halloween
- There are now more Chinese than Americans in the richest 10% of people in the world
- Dunkin’ is launching its Beyond Meat sandwich nationally
- This is Nestlé’s answer to the plant-based meat craze
- Why Burger King sold upside-down Whoppers
- McDonald’s is testing a Beyond Meat burger
- He left Beyond Meat to start a company that goes beyond meatless burgers
- Apple may launch high-end AirPods Pro later this month
- If you own this phone, remove your screen protectors now
- First, Alexa came into your home. Now it wants to get on your body
- This case controls your phone the old-fashioned way
- Why people still love iPods and instant-film cameras
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- WeWork facing massive rescue plan
- WeWork reportedly has a new CEO
- Trump praises China trade talks as Beijing seeks billions in case against US
- China has chance to dodge Trump’s tough December tariffs: Kudlow
- Trump says being president has cost him this much money
- Stocks close in on record highs as earnings, trade provide boost
- FBI reveals toxicology results related to US tourists’ deaths in Dominican Republic
- Facebook rolls out new security tool for campaigns ahead of 2020
- Fortune responds to singer dropping out of powerful women summit
- New tax in this major US city could penalize elderly, middle-class families
- Soccer star’s DNA found in samples collected from rape accuser: emails
- How long Hard Rock Hotel could be delayed after tragic crane collapse
- Study on women-owned businesses reveals disturbing misconception
- Chuck Grassley: Retirement laws today are a ticking time bomb
- Inside Felicity Huffman’s cushy prison sentence
- Death toll rises in disease outbreak linked to state fair
- SEE PICS: Massive drug shipments intercepted at US border over past week
- Amazon’s Jeff Bezos heads back to the classroom
- China promises ‘retribution’ against NBA as war of words escalates
- Walgreens explains why it’s the odd one out on massive opioid crisis settlement
- Killer tornado leaves more than 100,000 Dallas homes in the dark
- Millennial millionaire who retired at 30 explains the sacrifices he made
- Facebook removes more than 100 accounts for ‘inauthentic’ behavior from Russia, Iran
- Money man Ken Fisher loses another big investor over sexually charged speech
- MODERN MAYFLOWER: Unmanned vessel to set sail across the Atlantic
- Census Bureau needs to hire 500,000 people: How to apply and how much you can make
- US-bound flight turns around after crew members become incapacitated
- Dunkin’ announces nationwide rollout of new sandwich
- Illegal vapes traced to California woman who was CBD pioneer
- Chicago’s teacher strike cancels class, draws crowds
- Walgreens testing drone delivery in this state
- Vote on Boris Johnson’s Brexit deal brutally slapped down in Parliament
- Online ordering boom sparks secret mini-restaurants hiding in kitchens
- NY Yankees’ playoffs disaster shows how the team wasted billions
- This NFL coach’s condo is under contract for more than the $2.3M asking price
- NBA player Spencer Dinwiddie’s plan for fans to invest in him on hold
- New law may allow Matt Lauer accuser to file civil suit: report
- Buttigieg adviser blasts Bloomberg for story alleging Facebook’s Zuckerberg advised on hiring
- Trump goes off on the G7 controversy after cancelling it at his Florida property
- Why China has banned this YouTube star
- How to maximize your 401(k) contributions
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Tonight’s Business/Market/Political Impact Spotlight –
Purging Manufactured Housing of Allegedly Corrupt Practices Harming Investors, Independents, Homeowners, Others
Antitrust is a topic that arose in the latest 2020 Democratic debates. It is a topic at the Trump DOJ and FTC. A growing number of Republican lawmakers are becoming focused on antitrust concerns too.
Which ought to beg the question. When a significant number of elected and appointed officials find consolidation to be an important topic, why is it given so little or no attention by others in the manufactured home industry trade media?
It is arguably a case of through the looking glass. Some see it, others either don’t want to see it or are buying into purported propaganda. Given the shock that came almost a year ago when investors in Cavco Industries were told about a stunning allegation against their then chairman and CEO, Joe Stegmayer (see first link below the related reports), why would this be such a surprise?
We’ve made the relevant point that 15 years ago not many would have thought that Bernie Madoff would be behind bars. Some cons have been proven to be big and can operate for years on end.
“You’re a Gutless Cheat,” The Sting, and Manufactured Housing
Every con or big swindle is predicated on ‘never admitting to the con.’ Some in MHVille could at least initially have been mere pawns in a con without even realizing it. Perhaps as few as 3 people could have rigged the system in manufactured housing in its early stages. That much is evidenced by the in-depth report linked here below, that none of the manufactured housing Berkshire brands, their attorneys, nor the Manufactured Housing Institute, their inside or outside attorneys have tried to debunk, or respond to directly and publicly.
Fast forward from that report to now. Today, our publisher took the next step in our efforts to expose these troubling concerns of deceptive trade practices, antitrust, RICO and other potential violations to appropriate authorities. See that report linked below.
It is worth mentioning that the Open Markets Institute specifically named Clayton Homes among the firms that they have their eyes on for antitrust and related concerns. So MHProNews isn’t alone. See the Masthead report above, and the related reports further below. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
EQUITY ALERT: Levi & Korsinsky – Investigation Possible Fraud by Certain Officers and Directors of Cavco Industries, plus MH Stock Updates
Manufactured Home Communities, Production, Suppliers Investing Alerts – Manufactured Housing Institute
Publicly Traded Manufactured Housing Firms – Which Source Do You Trust More? Why? MHI, MHARR, Others
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender.
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Updated for Fall 2019…
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Enjoy these ‘blast from the past’ comments.
Celebrating 10 Years of Goal- and Solution-Oriented Manufactured Home Industry Innovation Information, and Inspiration for Industry Professionals
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.