Specifically, in an email to MHProNews and others in media, NHC said on 11.25.2020 that “One of the biggest factors that continues to fuel the housing affordability crisis is the lack of supply. With demand for affordable housing options at an all-time high, rising construction costs and a skilled labor shortage…this issue has never been more critical to address.”
That may not have been intended to ‘out’ the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI), but that is a moot point given that the cited element of their statement is nevertheless true, regardless of who says it. Note that MHI is a member of NHC. NHC is one of the “coalition” of sometimes left-leaning trade groups that MHI has been touting.
This isn’t the first time that NHC has made a statement that was not only useful for the industry, but that arguably undercuts MHI posturing.
Last year, MHProNews was alone in the industry’s trade media in spotlighting another instance of NHC leader David Dworkin making a far more effective and logical statement of support for manufactured housing than MHI’s then EVP, now CEO, Lesli Gooch did.
Let’s note that the NHC statement above that points to “lack of supply” is economics 101. Why are housing prices shooting up? Lack of supply. NHC is arguably a left-of-center organization making that statement.
Who made a similar statement from the right-of-center vantagepoint? HUD Secretary Ben Carson. The fuller statement previous statement made below by Dr. Carson, who is recovering from COVID19, specifically mentions manufactured housing and why it is good for wealth building as well as housing affordability.
The balance of this evening’s report is going to be our featured focus for tonight. As regular MHProNews readers know, and as newcomers are learning, that is found beyond the quotable quotes, the left-right headlines from CNN and Newsmax, and two of our three market summary graphics.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- ‘Tired of being sad’
- The financial stress from Covid is taking an emotional toll
- Another 778,000 Americans filed unemployment claims last week
- Photos: With people out of work, food banks are stepping up
- Millions of Americans are out of work. Why is the stock market soaring?
- Slack stock spikes on reports of Salesforce deal
- Britain’s final Brexit choice could prolong the worst recession in 300 years
- McDonald’s CEO: How we are thinking differently about our role in society
- France orders Big Tech to pay digital tax despite threat of US tariffs
- BlackRock and the $15 trillion fund industry should be broken up, antimonopoly group says
- Fox News settles lawsuit with family of Seth Rich
- MISINFO WATCH Trump retweets false claim that 6,000 ‘fake Biden votes found in Arizona’
- Sidney Powell is a beacon of hope to sad Qanon supporters
- How Cholula plans to get more Americans hooked on its hot sauce
- SPONSOR CONTENT
- Preparing for a semester unlike any other
- The new Mini Cooper JCW GP is quirky and quick, but not worth the cost
- ADDICTED TO ZILLOW
- NEW YORK, NY – AUGUST 19: A man enters a building with rental apartments available on August 19, 2020 in New York City. Exodus out of New York has leaded the city into a highest number of retails and apartments left to rent after the Coronavirus pandemic.
- How a vaccine could upend real estate markets — again
- A ‘huge wave of evictions’ is possible in January
- Mortgage rates have never been this low
- Home sales are off the charts
- This is why it’s getting even harder to afford a home
- BLACK FRIDAY FOR DAYS
- People buy groceries on a Walmart store on August 23, 2020 in North Bergen, New Jersey.
- Here are the major stores that will be closed on Thanksgiving
- How Black Friday has changed for the pandemic
- Walmart’s plans for this year’s Black Friday sales
- 3 reasons why holiday toy sales will be huge this year
- Home Depot to offer two months of Black Friday deals
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Judge Halts Pennsylvania Election Certification
- A Pennsylvania judge issued an order temporarily preventing the state from taking any further actions to certify the election results. The ruling stops action until after a Friday hearing.
- Trump Digs In on Vote Challenge: 2020 ‘Long Way From Over’
- Sidney Powell Wants Zoom Meeting Where Georgia Official Refused Audit
- CNBC/Change Poll: 3% of Trump Voters Consider Election Legitimate
- Republicans Sue to Stop Wisconsin Vote Certification
- Arizona GOP Gov. Ducey Says Biden Won His State
- Smiling Poop Emojis Replace Election Recount Talk in Wisconsin
- Guy Reschenthaler to Newsmax TV: Pa. Certifying Tainted Results ‘Reckless’ |
- Newsmax: Biden Won Mich., Nev., Pa. Based on Certifications
- Officials Ask Court to Nix Trump Campaign’s Appeal
- Navarro: ‘Trouble Ahead’ If Lawmakers Don’t Act on Stimulus Package
- Mnuchin Plans to Put $455 Billion Beyond Yellen’s Easy Reach
- Trump 1st President Since Carter Not to Send Troops Into New Conflict
- Cuomo Defends Trump Against Media Bias
- Trump Skips GOP’s Gettysburg Election-Interference Event
- Sources: White House Considers Lifting European Travel Restrictions
- Trump Plans to Pardon Former Aide Michael Flynn
- Poll: Most Fear Govt Tracking Them via Cellphones
- Fifty-five percent of American adults are concerned that the government is tracking them through location data generated from their cellphones, according to a new Harris Poll survey, The Wall Street Journal reported…
- Half of Labor Force in Major US Cities Works From Home
- In some of America’s major cities, about half the workforce is still [Full Story]
- Survey: Blacks, Latinos Less Likely to Trust Coronavirus Vaccine
- Hospitals Cancel Surgeries to Preserve Staff During COVID Surge
- When and How Will COVID-19 Vaccines Become Available?
- COVID Passports Seen as Key to Resuming Global Travel
- NYC Will Have COVID-19 Checkpoints at Key Bridges and Crossings
- Glove Factories Shuttered After Thousands of Workers Test Positive for COVID
- Biden’s Immigration Policies Could Threaten Public Safety
- Joe Biden’s plans to loosen immigration restrictions will likely lead [Full Story] |
- Biden: I Won’t ‘Use the Justice Department’ the Way Trump Does
- Newsmax Calls Biden Winner in Mich., Nevada, Pa. Based on Certifications
- Carol Moseley Braun Wants to Be Interior Secretary
- Cotton: Biden Team Will Return Obama’s ‘Disastrous’ Policies
- Biden Seeks Swift Cabinet Votes, but GOP Senate Stays Silent
- Biden Yet to Name Pentagon Pick
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Picking up the topic from above, there is a widely reported affordable housing crisis. Voices across the left and right agree on that point.
MHI chases – with support from Clayton Homes, Skyline Champion, and Cavco Industries – the ephemeral phantasm of a ‘new class of manufactured homes’ that MHI dubbed “CrossModTM homes.” Why do they keep pushing a program that has no traction?
Several MHI member producers promptly began to share their insights, off the record, with MHProNews on the controversial topic. This publication went on the record approaching two years ago of calling the MHI plan a “Trojan Horse.”
Whistleblowers in the Skyline Champion network brought to heel on their problematic and controversial price hike policies.
That was a story that was broken by MHProNews, thanks to tipsters and whistleblowers.
Insiders at Clayton Homes and Cavco Industries have shed light on a range of topics. Other companies that MHProNews has reported on began as whistleblower reports, and Lesli Gooch, MHI CEO’s purported conflicts of interest where exposed as a result of a document dump of evidence published exclusively by MHProNews.
MHProNews has a track record of acting on tips as well as of protecting sources. That is why certain sources have continued to sound off on issues that are arguably limiting the growth and potential of the industry.
Tipsters have said that we are excellent to work with, as the comment above reflects. But there are on the record comments too.
Among the on the record comments, like the ones noted above from longtime MHI member and award-winner, Marty Lavin, shed light on ongoing industry controversies, such as the important finance issue.
On the personal side, MHProNews also accepts comments. This one below came in after MHProNews published our passages report about the death of cherished Deer Valley Homebuilders leader, Chet Murphree. It is from an MHI board member and is unedited.
What a loss! I am saddened to hear this news. James McGee introduced me to Chet years ago at the Louisville Show. He was such a wonderful human being. A true pleasure to know and speak with. I would like to share a memory of a moment in time with Chet that will stay with me forever.
One night, after the dinner at an MHI Annual meeting, I sat with Chet and Kevin Clayton talking. We covered many subjects but the most meaningful, was our talk about life. At that time, both Chet and I were cancer survivors (neither of us were aware of each others health history) which made our being together so meaningful. The three of us shared thoughts about the industry, family stories and spoke about life. It was a joy to listen to Kevin speak about the Manufactured Housing Industry and tell Chet how much we were looking forward to Deer Valley joining MHI.
Words can not describe how much those few hours meant to me.
At the last Louisville show, Chet introduced me to his wife, Lisa. She had decorated their model home, so Chet took me through the home to show me her work. He was so happy, smiling and talking.
My condolence’s to Chet’s family. Cherish his memory. May Chet rest in eternal peace.
Great Value Homes Inc”
Some tips and feedback are positive, or honor others, as the above and below reflects.
Let’s note regarding the above from Great Valley’s Rick Rand that according to MHI’s membership listing on their website on this date, Deer Valley is NOT listed as an MHI member.
Put differently, there are voices that share a variety of viewpoints with MHProNews.
- Some are ‘proud’ to be MHI members.
- Others are suspicious of the trade group that they are members in.
- Still others believe that MHI is a tool that ‘big boys’ like Clayton, Skyline-Champion, and Cavco Industries – among others – have used to throttle the industry for the purposes of consolidation.
For those – like Andy Gedo – who think that sounds like a ‘conspiracy theory,’ the evidence is actually out in the open, as MHProNews has documented from published and video statements, such as those shown.
To wrap this evening’s report up, there are reasons to think that the Trump Administration was gearing up for serious antitrust action in his second term of office. Those efforts were already started by probes into Google and Facebook. So, is it any surprise that Google and Facebook, among other big media, and big money giants were strongly backing the Biden-Harris ticket?
While the odds are long for the Trump legal team, that doesn’t mean that it is over until President Trump himself tosses in the towel. Now, that some of those cases are being filed, it is getting started in earnest. See the related reports below for more. Stay tuned.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.