“President-elect, husband to @DrBiden, proud father & grandfather. Ready to build back better for all Americans.”
“Build Back Better.” It was a campaign slogan he is still using.
In Canada as well as the United States “Build Back Better” is a catchphrase associated with “The Great Reset” being promoted by leaders in the European Union, North America and in other parts of the globe. Video and other statements from the World Economic Forum about The Great Reset are found below.
VP Biden, who promised in front of millions during the first presidential debate not to claim the title of “president-elect” until the vote was formally certified, is promising to care for all Americans, even those who didn’t vote for him.
If so, the members of a potential Biden-Harris (or Harris-Biden?) cabinet who are already being announced are drawing fire from left-wing sources such as the Jacobin as well as from those on the political right such as Breitbart, Newsmax, The Epoch Times, or Townhall.
Today, I’m announcing the first members of my national security and foreign policy team. They will rally the world to take on our challenges like no other—challenges that no one nation can face alone.
It’s time to restore American leadership. I trust this group to do just that. pic.twitter.com/uKE5JG45Ts
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) November 23, 2020
In a radio interview this afternoon with Joe Concha contributor to The Hill, Senator Rand Paul (KY-R) who is a medical professional – said that while N95 masks has good science behind it, there are scientific research and anecdotal reasons alike to doubt the efficacy of mere cloth masks.
In what edgy Breitbart periodically calls tongue-in-cheek COVID1984, Governor Andrew Cuomo (NY-D) is moving to not only shut down more independent businesses, but is also strongly discouraging Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Love is sometimes doing what’s hard.
The safest way to celebrate Thanksgiving this year is with your immediate household only. pic.twitter.com/nBEviXnZ8P
— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) November 19, 2020
Apparently, Cuomo and other mostly Democratic but some Republican state and local officials have called for – shutdowns, mask mandates, and more – are unaware of the Great Barrington Declaration. Some related information is linked below, and an update is planned in the days ahead.
As regular readers on MHProNews know, facts, evidence, and following the money trail trump – not pun intended – commonly held, but often mistaken beliefs. Manufactured housing is widely misunderstood, as thousands of industry professionals well know. Why is it surprising, then, that other facts are also misunderstood? Facts such as the rights that all American citizens have under the U.S. Constitution, which are increasingly under attack by over-zealous, even if well meaning, public officials.
BUFFALO NY: Business Owners Stand Up, Fight back and Kick out Sheriff & Health Dept !🙌
Chant “WE WILL NOT COMPLY”
— AMErikaNGIRL♥️ (@AMErikaNGIRLLL) November 21, 2020
“Many policies that would be unthinkable in regular times have become commonplace in recent weeks, and we do not want to unduly interfere with the important efforts of state and local officials to protect the public. But the Constitution is not suspended in times of crisis. We must therefore be vigilant to ensure its protections are preserved, at the same time that the public is protected.” So said U.S. Attorney General William Barr in a memo linked here on April 27, 2020.
One doesn’t have to be a conservative, Republican, believer or Constitutionalist to recognize that independent businesses and everyday citizen’s rights are under assault. It may be occurring under the guise of compassion. Of course. If those who are arguably violating the Constitution that they swore an oath to uphold and defend admitted that they were flexing political muscle would not get as far as they have.
The balance of the headline topics are found in our featured focus segment tonight. As normal, that is found beyond tonight’s quotable quotes, the left-right headline bullets, and two of our three market summary graphics for today. The manufactured home industry connected equities snapshot at the closing bell are found beyond the featured focus as well as the recent and related linked reports.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- A popular pick
- Federal Reserve Board Chair Janet Yellen speaks during a briefing at the US Federal Reserve December 13, 2017 in Washington, DC. – The US central bank on Wednesday raised the benchmark interest rate for the third and final time this year, and officials indicated they are not likely to be more aggressive next year, at least for now.
- Janet Yellen makes sense as Treasury secretary, and she’d be the first woman to hold the job
- Corporate America is ready for a Biden presidency
- ‘Utopian’ ideas tested in Europe as Covid economic crisis drags on
- Newsmax and OANN are lying about the election as more people tune in
- RISK TAKERS Everyone you know uses Zoom. That wasn’t the plan
- Millions are traveling for Thanksgiving, despite officials’ pleas to stay home
- Opinion: Americans can’t ignore the flood of Covid-19 cases
- Hydrogen-powered trains could replace diesel engines in Germany
- GM is making the Hummer EV in record time. Here’s how
- Why Reddit will pay workers the same salary no matter where they live
- This program could pay you $10,000 to work from Oklahoma
- Enterprise is giving $120 million to improve racial equity
- Trump is in an unprecedented streak of silence
- Netflix faces boycott calls in India over ‘A Suitable Boy’ kissing scene
- Chevrolet Avalanche and Silverado vehicles sit on display at Henderson Chevrolet in the Valley Automall in Henderson, Nevada, U.S., on Thursday, December 11, 2008. The Bush administration’s $14 billion automaker bailout plan and other alternatives lack the votes to pass the Senate, as lawmakers seek to beat a deadline to keep General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC from collapsing.
- GM recalling 7 million vehicles for airbag problems after losing fight with safety regulator
- PENSACOLA, USA – SEPTEMBER 16:
- Downed trees and flooding in West Pensacola near the Bayou Grove and Mulworth neighborhoods. The area received a lot of damage after Hurricane Sally came through as a category 2 storm in Pensacola, La. on September 16th, 2020. Bryan Tarnowski for The Washington Post via Getty Images.
- The climate crisis is looming large on Wall Street
- All-new F-150 Lariat in Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.
- Ford’s new F-150 with massaging bed seats is the ultimate nap pod
- GETTING FROM POINT A TO B
- Virgin Hyperloop test site.
- Hyperloop wants to change the world. Not everyone’s convinced
- Watch: People travel in Hyperloop for the first time
- Hyperloop has first test with actual passengers
- Honda’s new Legend will drive itself on busy roads
- Here’s what ‘stations’ for Elon Musk’s The Boring Company look like
- THE ECONOMY
- Alan Greenspan, former chairman of the Federal Reserve System, speaks during a Bloomberg Television interview in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Wednesday, July 24, 2019. Greenspan endorsed the idea that the U.S. central bank should be open to an insurance interest-rate cut, to counter risks to the economic outlook, even if the probability of the worst happening was relatively low.
- Ex-Fed Chair Alan Greenspan: I’ve never seen anything like this
- Powell: The economy as we knew it might be over
- The US economy is about to shrink, JPMorgan warns
- Trump team cuts off Fed emergency lending programs
- Unemployment rates in most states dropped last month — but the Covid-19 spike could reverse that
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Biden Taps John Kerry as Climate Change Envoy
- Trump Wants 3rd Circuit to Halt Pa. Certification
- Wisconsin Presidential Recount in 4th Day, With Few Changes
- GOP Sen. Capito: Election Result Points to Biden Victory
- Jody Hice to Newsmax TV: ‘Very Serious Problems in Georgia’s Election’
- Toomey: Trump Has Exhausted Strategies on Election
- Gizzi: Newsmax Predicted Biden Would Tap Blinken for Sec. of State
- Pennsylvania Republicans Seek Order Blocking Vote Certification
- Sidney Powell: Wasn’t Part of Trump’s Legal Team
- Carl Bernstein Outs 21 GOP Senators as Anti-Trump
- Trump Adviser Vows US Support to Philippines, Vietnam in South China Sea
- US Drafts List of 89 China Firms With Military Ties
- Foxconn Plant Championed by Trump Lands Google Server Contract
- Murkowski: Time to Begin Full, Formal Transition Process
- Christie Attacks Trump Again: ‘National Embarrassment’
- US Officially Severs Open Skies Treaty With Russia
- Newsmax App Sees 3 Million Downloads This Month!
- Newsmax viewership continues to rise
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
It should stand to reason that President Donald J. Trump’s son, Don Jr., is going to promote the strategy that the Trump 2020 team are backing.
That is NONSENSE.
IGNORE those people.
— Donald Trump Jr. (@DonaldJTrumpJr) November 23, 2020
Right-of-center Breitbart noted today talk radio king and Presidential Medal of Freedom winner, Rush Limbaugh is pushing the idea – “Take the MAGA Rallies to Georgia, Mr. President.” imbaugh said:
According to the show transcript: Limbaugh said to his listeners “I don’t know about you, but I’d kind of like to see President Trump in Georgia. I’d like to see some rallies. I’m not alone in this. We got two Senate seats that are very crucial, the runoffs, Perdue and Loeffler. We gotta get these seats secured. Otherwise the left is gonna be able to — well, they’re not gonna be stoppable. It’s just gonna be dependent on what they want to do as to how far they go.
So those two Senate races, Perdue, Loeffler, they’re really crucial, and I think Trump is still the Republican Party. He’s still MAGA. He could still go down there and do some rallies and secure those two Senate seats. I don’t mean yesterday or today…” The runoff election is on January 5, 2021 a date that Limbaugh misspoke on.
Breitbart noted that “Incumbent Republicans David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler are facing Democratic challengers Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock.”
Some are saying that these two races could produce record campaign spending. If Democrats succeed in claiming the White House, they have held the House of Representatives, even though they lost seats. If by hook or crook they take the two remaining seats in Georgia, then Democratic leaders have already said that suspending the filibuster in the Senate could be the first of several negative consequences.
More on that in the days ahead. While the battle for those two senate seats is going to be a key for the GOP, it is prudent for the Trump 2020 campaign to keep pushing their challenges. For instance, if President Trump was declared the winner in Georgia or Michigan, that could very well reveal that a Republican senate candidate also won a race in that same state.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.