To set the stage for the pending report, the HUD website says that the OMHP “administers the National Manufactured Housing Construction and Safety Standards Act of 1974…”
The HUD site also features some problematic verbiage. To wit, this use of the term ‘mobile home’ is one of several such example, which HUD should know better than to use without a better explanation. More on such problematic statements from HUD on their own site in an upcoming report.
“The Office of Manufactured Housing Programs regulates the construction of all manufactured (mobile) homes built in the United States.”
But the tip, which will be teased in our featured focus segment this evening, found after the quotable quotes, left-right headlines, and two of our three market graphic summary at the closing bell today.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Capitalism is in crisis
- People wait in line at a walk-up food distribution bank for people facing economic hardship or food insecurity, in a church parking lot in Los Angeles, California, August 10, 2020 amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Covid has magnified the inequalities of the US economy, and the system could change forever
- Investors fear US election won’t be decided for weeks — or even months
- Why the loss of RBG could hurt the fragile economic recovery
- Six months into the pandemic, the US economic outlook is getting gloomier
- HSBC shares fall to 25-year low
- Tesla is on the cusp of a sales record, which could give Elon Musk another huge payday
- Nikola founder steps down after allegations the electric truck startup misled investors
- Interns in hazmat suits presented the Emmy statues this year
- Trump approves TikTok deal. But big questions remain
- GE is getting out of the coal power business
- NIH official to ‘retire’ after being ID’d as author of anti-Fauci posts on right-wing blog
- Opinion: Wildfires have devastated my city. They’ll only get worse unless we force businesses to change
- People walk by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) on September 11, 2020 in New York City.
- Dow tumbles 500 points as coronavirus fears mount
- Elder Scrolls game
- Microsoft is buying Bethesda’s parent company for $7.5 billion
- A pedestrian walks past a Bed Bath & Beyond store in Farmington Hills, Michigan, U.S., on Friday, July 10, 2020. Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. plans to shrink its store base, closing 200 stores over the next two years in a bid to cut costs and weather one of retail's most challenging periods yet.
- These 63 Bed Bath & Beyond stores are set to close by the end of 2020
- FAST FASHION
- DSW announces that it's opening up stores inside of HyVee grocery stores.
- DSW is opening up locations inside of grocery stores
- Why clothing is important to Walmart
- Amazon launches high-end fashion luxury stores
- Rent the Runway ditches unlimited clothing rentals
- Century 21 files for bankruptcy and will close all of its stores
- IN MEMORIAM
- BEIJING, CHINA – NOVEMBER 7: (CHINA OUT) Former chairman of board and CEO of Pepsi Donald M. Kendall attends Pepsi 25th anniversary press conference on November 7, 2006 in Beijing, China. Pepsi celebrates its 25th anniversary in China, held in Beijing. (Photo by Che Liang/Visual China Group via Getty Images)
- The man who built the ‘modern-day’ PepsiCo has died
- Inventor of waterproof outerwear Gore-Tex dies at 83
- Father of Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates dies at 94
- The co-inventor of the computer mouse has died
- Larry King’s son and daughter die within weeks of each other
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Dow falls 510 points curbs losses as tech stocks recover
- S. equity markets were sharply lower as investors weighed the possibility of more coronavirus shutdowns in Europe.
- STOCK MARKET LIVE UPDATES: Sharp selling as week begins
- FedEx ripped over Washington team name change in shareholder meeting
- Boeing gearing up for 787 move to this state
- Lufthansa announces more job cuts, fewer jets in service
- Coronavirus unemployment bump did not hurt job market, study finds
- US saw record-setting economy in 2019 — here’s what that may mean on election night
- WASTE NOT, WANT NOT
- Walmart aims for zero emissions across its global operations by 2040
- SOCIAL MEDIA SAFETY
- Will a US-headquartered TikTok be enough to ensure data privacy?
- QUIBI’S QUANDARY
- Streaming service explores strategic options including possible sale
- DEMOCRATIC DECLINE
- Biden win could accelerate dollar’s drop: Goldman Sachs
- LUCRATIVE LAW
- Supreme Court clerks see $400G bonuses from elite firms
- POLITICAL PLATFORM
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook claims to have helped millions register to vote so far this year
- BOX OFFICE GOLD
- Chinese movie overtakes ‘Bad Boys for Life’ as highest-grossing movie of 2020
- POWERING DOWN
- Tesla stock sinks ahead of Battery Day
- GOING OFF-ROAD
- Ford president makes big reveal about the future of Lincoln pickup trucks
- The states where unemployed Americans are receiving Trump’s $300 relief boost
- CARS + TRUCKS
- Ford Ranger pickup tops 2020 Made in America Auto Index
- Bryson DeChambeau wins US Open: How much cash does he bring home?
- HSBC, Standard Chartered’s reportedly moved large sums of illicit cash for 2 decades with no idea of money’s origins: report
- Nikola stock tanks after founder Trevor Milton steps down as executive chairman
- Show that found huge success on Netflix sweeps comedy categories at Emmys
- Explosion kills British, Australian WWII bomb specialists in Solomon Islands
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- Planning to work after claiming Social Security? Here’s what you need to know
- Microsoft is buying ‘Elder Scrolls’ maker for $7.5B
- Tropical Storm Beta takes aim at Texas, Louisiana as Gulf Coast sees storm surge, flooding
- Royal Caribbean, Norwegian outline to CDC how they plan to cruise safely
- Biden enters final stretch with huge cash advantage over Trump
- Bill Gates offers vaccine prediction in ‘Fox News Sunday’ interview
- PlayStation apologizes for PS5 preorder fiasco, says process ‘could have been a lot smoother’
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- Dave Ramsey: Why this habit may give you more money than a salary boost
- United Airlines, unions call for 6-month extension of federal aid, restart of stimulus negotiations
- Trump’s Supreme Court court pick likely to be Amy Coney Barrett or Barbara Lagoa: reports
- Pompeo on TikTok: No American will have the risk that their data will end up in the hands of the Chinese Communist Party
- Epic Games says latest Apple filing contains ‘half-truths and outright falsities’ to paint company as ‘bad actor’
- Biden to focus on health care in Supreme Court debate
- Biden to focus on this issue in Supreme Court debate
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Robinson has written about topics such as ‘dirty politics’ and refusal of public officials to do what their job descriptions required, per the author and related plugs for his novels.
During his time at MHI, Robinson reportedly contacted one or more state association executives regarding the periodic ‘leaks’ of information from MHI to MHProNews.
Fast forward to today.
A confirmed tip from a reliable source has told MHProNews that HUD’s Office of Manufactured Housing Programs (OMHP) is abuzz with activity regarding a report that the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform has released.
Barring the unforeseen, that MHARR report paired with some HUD/industry insider insights, will be our morning report on MHProNews on 9.22.2020.
MHProNews benefits from an array of sources that provide periodic tips, comments, and insights on issues that matter to manufactured housing industry professionals. A caller recently said that MHProNews is the best ‘investigative’ report source in the industry. Those kind words merit the credit for our industry leading coverage needs to be passed along to MHProNews sources and supporters.
Some sources provide a single insight on a relevant topic that they are familiar with. Others are periodic providers of information.
Given the industry’s underperformance and evidence based allegations of the industry being hobbled from within, such reports are necessary for white hat independents and ethical investors.
If you aren’t already on our emailed headline news list, you can sign up here.
Engagement is rising on our emails, as the charts from 3rd party MailChimp in July vs. September 2020 reflects. Others in manufactured housing trade publishing or bloggers are apparently too ashamed to show such third-party data.
To send a news tip on governmental, corporate or other industry related issues, use the link found from and below the graphic that follows.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.