Is she coming back?
There has been talk, which may not go beyond that, of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton running again in 2020 for the top spot among Democratic hopefuls. With Senator Bernie Sanders sidelined for now due to a health scare and heart procedure, former VP Joe Biden facing allegations of pay to play, the talk is that already heating up that the surging Senator Warren is shaping up as the one among 2020 Democratic hopefuls to beat. On a day where the markets rebounded modestly, an interview with President Donald J. Trump’s former 2016 campaign manager, and possible Senate candidate, will be our featured report.
Regular readers please note there are fall updates and several more tweaks and changes in some of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Another gloomy report
- America’s manufacturing slowdown may be spilling over to the rest of the economy
- The Dow has lost more than 700 points since Tuesday. But that’s not the full story
- What happens if the Fed cuts rates to zero — or goes negative?
- Here’s how the strike affects GM workers and profits
- What to look for in the September jobs report
- Opinion: The alarming employment trends that the jobs report won’t tell you
- Retailers expect a strong holiday shopping season, even as the trade war looms
- It’s Day 18 of the GM strike, and there are signs of progress. But just signs
- Bed Bath and Beyond is closing 20 more stores
- Frustrated with news coverage, Trump suggests launching own network
- Sesame Street is heading to HBO Max in 2020
- Microsoft takes on AirPods with a pricey, strange-looking rival
- Content by Wise Bread
- This card is the only one you need in your wallet
- This mysterious startup wants to turn streaming on its head
- Mario Kart Tour is Nintendo’s biggest mobile hit yet
- Floating device created to clean up plastic from the ocean is working
- Prices of Manhattan apartments are plunging
- This is the best time to get a good deal on a house
- Want to save on a home? Buy it with some strangers
- Homes in the Hamptons are selling at steep discounts
- This bunk bed is $1,200 a month
- GM unveils first Corvette convertible with a hardtop roof
- Taking an electric road trip in a Tesla
- Ford shows off electric F-150 pickup
- GM unveils a radically new Corvette
- Lotus unveils $2 million electric supercar
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- 2020 CAMPAIGN Working class ‘worried’ as Warren, Sanders roll out tax plans: analyst
- Progressive rivals Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders are volleying tax plans in their competition to win voters with promises of a more equitable economy.
- ‘You’re f—ing history’: De Niro unleashes on staffer in bombshell audio
- Stocks battle back as recession fears fade
- Roller-coaster Thursday: Dow closes with markets back to session highs
- Eddie Murphy set to reprise one of his most famous roles
- Trump expands private-sector Medicare in new executive order
- New court order is bad news for ‘Housewives’ hubby Joe Giudice
- How you could take advantage of Bernie Sanders’ ‘trophy wife tax credit’
- NFL star speaks out after league fines him for ‘MAN OF GOD’ headband
- Seedy situation: Doc’s sperm was allegedly used to father huge family
- Your favorite foods and alcohol from Europe could get a lot more expensive
- ESPN host agrees to buyout of $10M contract
- Invested in You: Mark Cuban gives exclusive look into personal life
- EXCLUSIVE: Why Google CEO Pichai pledged $10M to US small businesses
- US to slam huge tariffs on Chinese cabinets
- Mayor pleads guilty after ‘betraying the trust of his community’
- Iconic sitcom creator’s luxe San Fran home on sale for best offer
- Naughty or nice? Here’s how holiday sales are expected to shake out
- This high-powered lawyer is latest to be sentenced in college cheating scandal
- Kylie Jenner: The top 5 things to know about the billionaire beauty mogul
- WATCH: NHL commissioner talks gambling in hockey
- Ivanka Trump, Google CEO Pichai announce massive new IT training program
- Varney: Warren’s proposals would destroy capitalism, prosperity
- Peter Navarro explains why Europe won’t fight back against Trump’s new tariffs
- MGM Resorts agrees to huge settlement in Las Vegas massacre
- Uber opens helicopter service to everyone; here’s how much it’ll cost you
- FTC probes e-cigarette sales, advertising practices
- California tech exec death: Investigators on the hunt for suspects
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Tonight’s Business/Market/Political Impact Spotlight –
Not every supporter of President Donald J. Trump is as colorful and ebullient as his former 2016 campaign manager Corey Lewandowski. In an interview with right-of-center Fox Business earlier today, Lewandowski discusses the 2020 election and the advantages and disadvantages Sen. Elizabeth Warren would face if she receives the Democratic nomination. The discussion begins with talk about Secretary Clinton and ends with a discussion of his plans for a possible run for the U.S. Senate for 2020.
While numbers of pro-Democratic media voices are focused more on impeachment talk, Lewandowski makes clear that there is a difference between what happened between former President Bill Clinton and current President Donald Trump. That difference? Says Lewandowski and others, there is no evidence of wrongdoing by the president.
Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz has made that same point. Here’s the Lewandowski interview.
Also, earlier today, left-of-center MSNBC reports that President Trump is now pushing that both Ukraine and China investigate the Bidens.
The president’s polling and fundraising have risen, even though there are plenty of people on the left who are pushing for impeachment. Meanwhile, House Democrats who won in 2018 in districts that voted for President Trump in 2016 are generally not as jazzed about this plan.
Each side is fundraising off of impeachment yes, impeachment, no. But the real challenge, as a talking head on Fox Business’ Bulls and Bears reported this evening is that ‘trillions of dollars’ are sitting on the sidelines trying to figure out what the political winds will bring before they invest more in the U.S.
See the related reports, below, for the intersection of politics and business.
[cp_popup display=”inline” style_id=”146657″ step_id = “1”][/cp_popup]
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)