Florida is a top 5 state in manufactured home shipments, but this is a principles focused topic, and thus applies to all 50 states. There are numbers of manufactured home producers that span the gamut of industry association members that are buying components and products for HUD Code manufactured homes that are ‘made in China.’ The reasons are many, including, but not limited to, the point of competitive pressures. Once one firm did it, others felt pressured to follow suit. Some products are not only costlier, but relatively difficult to source in the U.S. So, this evening’s two videos from right-of-center Senator Rick Scott (FL-R) being interviewed by left-of-center CNBC are not esoteric discussions. These are brass tack topics. But that doesn’t mean that there isn’t pushback on these matters too. On a day when the markets nosed down due in part to trade and impeachment rhetoric, Scott’s perspectives will be our focus for this evening’s consideration.
Regular readers please note there are several tweaks and changes in some of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Betting on impeachment
- The markets predict that Trump will be impeached, but not removed from office
- Dow shrugs off impeachment talk
- Uber is trying everything to make bikes and scooters a profitable business
- SoftBank has lost billions investing in WeWork and Uber
- He’s one of the world’s top chefs, and now he’s getting political
- Samuel L. Jackson’s voice coming to Amazon Alexa
- What is CrowdStrike and why is it part of the Trump whistleblower complaint?
- The NY Fed’s rescue is working. But it hasn’t fixed the market
- A top banker’s defection from Credit Suisse to UBS is roiling Swiss banking
- The woman leading Spotify into an entirely new area
- GM agrees to reinstate health coverage for strikers
- Packages of Juul Labs Inc. device kit and Virginia Tobacco pods are arranged for a photograph at a store in San Francisco, California, U.S., on Wednesday, June 26, 2019. The city voted Tuesday to ban sales of e-cigarettes, making it illegal to sell nicotine vaporizer products in stores or for online retailers to ship the goods to San Francisco addresses. Photographer: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- Big Tobacco survived a crackdown. So can e-cigarettes
- Facebook is rolling out a test to hide your likes
- Beyond Meat stock soars on McDonald’s deal
- China’s Luckin Coffee is getting serious about fruit juice
- Starbucks’ new store concept: Pick-up only
- Wendy’s has a new breakfast menu. Here’s what’s on it
- The world’s largest Starbucks will open in Chicago
- Starbucks is adding a new pumpkin spice drink to its fall menu
- TROUBLE AT WEWORK
- Opinion: WeWork’s downfall shows how overvalued many startups are
- WeWork CEO Adam Neumann is stepping down
- It’s a time of reckoning for unicorn CEOs
- Boston Fed: WeWork could pose a risk to US economy
- WeWork has become poster child for everything wrong with tech unicorns
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- INSIDE UAW-GM STRIKE: AGREEMENT SEEMS TO BE CLOSE
- Why GM can’t use record profits to grant striking workers’ demands
- ENERGY DRINK KING’S PALACES: BEHIND CLOSED DOORS
- Russ Weiner is looking to sell his two Florida homes totaling well over $70 million. These photos will be sure to give you a jolt.
- NFL announces next year’s Super Bowl Halftime Show performers
- How many Americans are paying all of their taxes?
- Former NFL GM makes bold Antonio Brown prediction
- How much ‘Seinfeld’ co-creators will take home from Netflix deal
- Kudlow: China’s spending spree sets the ‘mood’ for a deal
- FOX-owned stations blacked out on Dish over contract dispute
- See the damage Antonio Brown allegedly caused in this luxe condo
- Two of the largest US newspaper companies approved to merge
- Republicans turn impeachment threat into fundraising bonanza
- FIRST LABRADOODLE BREEDER: I CREATED A ‘FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER’
- Australian dog breeder Wally Conron first crossed a Labrador retriever with a standard poodle in 1988. Now he’s coming clean about his “big regret.”
- Georgetown tennis star’s dad sentenced in cheating scandal
- Warren winning Democratic nomination would be ‘one-two punch’ for stocks
- Tesla cop car almost runs out of juice in high-speed pursuit
- Nasty swamp rat outbreak destroying this state’s agriculture
- Volkswagen fixes problem in Beatles’ Abbey Road album cover
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Tonight’s Business/Market/Political Impact Spotlight –
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)