Today is one of those days when it pays to source information across the left-right divide. Even when doing so, sometimes key facts are overlooked, downplayed, or are missed entirely.
The Biden-Harris team’s theme has been going green. Right-of-center media, such as Tucker Carlson or Townhall have stressed that windmills being frozen are a big cause to the problems in the Lone Star State.
It is not surprising that left-of-center CNN took a green-friendly defense. They said today that windmills in Iowa that are properly winterized were doing better than those without such codl weather protection that are freezing up in Texas.
That said, to CNN’s credit, they also noted that additional information needs to be developed to have a clear picture of what this shocking and deadly-for-some development in Texas and beyond will tell America. Quite so. The roots of this will be studied and that is what may yield more clear-cut and hopefully useful insights.
There should be a serious green vs. other energy discussion in America. That discussion should be authentic and not be driven by cancel culture, big tech censorship for taking positions that may not agree with what the powers that be (no pun intended) want. After all, several of those that promote so-called “green” energy have made a mint, or continue to earn revenues from fossil fuels, while arguably duplicitously pushing wind and solar. There are plenty of examples of the rich, famous, and politically connected flying private jets while preaching against the carbon footprint others supposedly create.
Energy costs hits every aspect of an economy. High energy costs arguably hit those with a lower income disproportionately harder than those with more income.
A few charts, graphics, and some video will shed light on this left-right tussle. That will be tonight’s featured focus.
For our growing numbers of new readers, a few quick evening/nightly market report insights.
- Every business evening, MHProNews provides a bullet list of left-right news headlines from CNN and in a matter of moments, savvy professionals can see at a glance news headlines and views across the political spectrum.
- This is a time saving and insightful way to quickly grab insights from across the left-right divide for those who are hooked on this market-nightly feature.
- Our featured focus follows the quotable quotes, periodic political cartoons, those left-right headlines, and two of our three market summary graphics as reported at the closing bell.
- After the featured focus, are some recent/related report links and the third manufactured housing focused stock equities graphic. There are some additional items that include the free signup for the manufactured housing industry’s x2 weekly emailed news to the most-read trade publication in our profession:
On a day that saw mixed manufactured home connected equities today, let’s press ahead toward those other business-nightly features.
Quotes That Shed Light – Industry, American, Social, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Texas nightmare
- Pump jacks operate in the Permian Basin in Midland, Texas, U.S, on Saturday, Feb. 13, 2021. The arctic freeze gripping the central U.S. is raising the specter of power outages in Texas and ratcheting up pressure on energy prices already trading at unprecedented levels.
- It produces more power than any other state. Here’s why it went dark anyway
- Ford shuts F-150 plant as winter storm creates natural gas shortage
- A mountain of Americans’ savings could determine where the US economy goes next
- Citibank can’t get back $500 million it wired by mistake, judge rules
- Bitcoin soars past $50,000 for the first time
- This ‘critical’ component for Covid-19 vaccines is in short supply
- Marriott CEO dies after pancreatic cancer fight
- Analysis: Want solid returns you can depend on? Here are stocks to love
- Goldman Sachs’ investment advice is no longer just for the super rich
- Mortgage rates are at record lows, but first-time buyers still can’t land a home
- Student loan payments are suspended. Here’s how to make the most of it
- GM unveils its next ‘big’ electric vehicle
- Nestle’s newest KitKat is missing a key ingredient
- A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying the 19th batch of approximately 60 Starlink satellites launches from pad 40 at Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Cape Canaveral, FL, on February 15, 2021. The satellites are part of a constellation designed to provide broadband internet service around the globe.
- SpaceX launches another batch of Starlink satellites, but misses rocket landing
- An aerial view from a drone shows homes in a neighborhood on January 26, 2021 in Miramar, Florida. According to two separate indices existing home prices rose to the highest level in 6 years.
- Biden administration extends ban on foreclosures and mortgage relief
- McDonald’s Crispy Chicken Sandwich Hoodie
- McDonald’s is selling chicken hoodies for $5
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Trump Lashes Out at ‘Hack’ McConnell in Deepening Feud Among Top Republicans
- The Biden Presidency
- US Says it Will Start Processing Certain Asylum Seekers on Friday
- Psaki: Biden to ‘Recalibrate’ Saudi Relations, Call Netanyahu
- CBO: Sanders’ Minimum Wage Hike Bill Could Pass
- Cuban Americans to Biden: Engage With Cuba, Build Miami Support
- WH Backs Pelosi’s Capitol Riot Commission
- Biden Admin in Talks With Amazon for Vaccine Help
- Biden Administration Puts Georgia Medicaid Overhaul on Hold
- Admin Extends COVID-19 Forbearance, Foreclosure Protections
- COVID-19 Deaths Seen Falling to Slowest Pace Since November
- COVID-19 Deaths Seen Falling to Slowest Pace Since November
- The pace of COVID-19 deaths will drop sharply in the next four weeks, according to a new forecast that shows a brutal wave of cases ebbing and the U.S. plodding forward with vaccine distribution. The nation is expected to have about 12,666 deaths in the week ending March 13
- Seoul: North Korea Hacked Pfizer in Bid for Vaccine Data
- North Korea hacked Pfizer Inc. for information on its COVID-19
- White House to Send 13.5M Vaccine Doses a Week to States
- Britain Weighs ‘Vaccine Certificate’ for Daily Admittance
- Netanyahu Weighs ‘Outing’ Resisters as Vaccination Drive Slows
- Study: UK COVID Variant May Be Up to 70% Deadlier
- CDC Director: Too Soon to Lessen Mask Mandates
- Tesla, Walmart Work Government Connections for Vaccine Plans
- Texas Grid Operator Calls Highest State of Emergency
- The power grid operator for the state of Texas has declared
- AutoNation Sees Stronger US Car Sales Despite Chip Paucity
- AutoNation Inc., the country’s largest auto-dealer chain, expects
- Trump’s Most Valuable Properties and Why He May Sell Them
- The Trump Organization didn’t stop selling valuable real estate
- US-China Rift Looms Amid WHO’s COVID Origin Report
- The World Health Organization, which has not yet released its report
- Texas’ Conservative AG Paxton Is Big Target of the Left
- Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton is the subject of another witch
- Dan Brouillette: Texas Power Outages an ‘Avoidable Tragedy’
- Pataki: Investigation Into ‘Illegal’ Cuomo Cover-Up Needed
- Stephen Moore: Some Shuttered School Districts Should Give Tax Refunds
- Politico Poll: Most Republicans Back Trump for Major Role in Party
- Dem Congressman Sues Trump, Giuliani Over Capitol Riot
- Reports: TikTok Sale to US Companies Dead After Trump’s Departure
- Democrats Pivot Back to Biden’s Stimulus With Trump’s Trial Done
- Capitol Police Vote No Confidence in Acting Chief
- The U.S. Capitol Police Labor Union voted 92% against Acting Chief
- Pelosi Says Independent Commission Will Examine Capitol Riot
- Deadly Tornado in North Carolina; Bitter Cold Sweeps Plains
- Utah GOP Members Circulate Petition to Censure Romney for Trump Vote
- Biden Administration in Talks With Amazon for Vaccine Rollout Help
- Arne Sorenson, First Outsider Leader of Marriott, Dies at 62
- Tesla, Walmart Work Government Connections for Vaccine Plans
- Yellen Shift on Vast Treasury Cash Pile Poses Problem for Powell
- Platinum Powers to a 6-Year High on Tight Global Supply
- Why You Could Still Get a Cold While Taking COVID-19 Precautions
- Mental Health Trauma Plagues Wildfire Survivors
- Researchers Pinpoint Genes Associated With Addison’s Disease
- Study: As Pot Is Legalized, More Teens Are Smoking It
- The Incredible Health Benefits of Chocolate
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Tonight’s featured focus will be about stating the obvious. China and India are producing more energy by using coal. As USA Today reported after the 2020 election on November 12, 2020, “Even if greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced to zero, global temps may” still be increasing.
As noted above, CNN may have raised a valid point, if the Texas windmills were not properly winterized and those in Iowa have been.
That noted, much of what has been proposed about the so-called Green New Deal is simply not practical. What explains the drive for it? Follow the money.
Robert F. Kennedy Jr. J.D., believes in climate change. He has made the point that Bill Gates and some of his ilk are saying one thing but are doing another. See his tough take on Gates in the report linked below. As noted further above, climate is one of those issues that merits an honest, robust debate as opposed to censorship and groupthink.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses. For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Enjoy these ‘blast from the past’ comments.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…and Williams, who praised our accuracy and other services to manufactured housing for years, then said this.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.