When the left-of-center CNBC starts singing the praises of the Trump Economic Recovery. When Democratic politicos, and their allies get nervous, those indicators – plus the strong numbers posted today – are reminders of how the pendulum is moving. Today’s jobs and economic numbers will be our focus tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Facebook is shutting down trending topics feature
- Banned from Wall Street, US cannabis companies go north
- Samsonite CEO quits after doctorate drama
- Walmart’s new startup: Text anything and get it delivered within a day
- Trump’s early jobs report tweet broke federal rules
- Most Americans aren’t happy with their salaries. Here’s how to change that
- Black unemployment rate hits a record low
- Unemployment rate matches lowest point in half a century
- Here’s how Europe is punishing the US for steel tariffs
- The euro is safe for now. But Italy could still spark a crisis
- Experts say algae is the food of the future. Here’s why.
- Can US-China talks calm global trade war fears?
- Citigroup and Deutsche Bank face ‘criminal cartel’ charges
- Deutsche Bank CEO is ‘sick and tired of bad news’
- Goldman Sachs VP accused of insider trading
- Two companies suspend ads from Samantha Bee’s show after vulgar remark about Ivanka Trump
- Vermont will pay people $10,000 to move there and work remotely
- Delaware is first state to allow sports betting after Supreme Court ruling
- India tried to sell its national airline. It got zero bids
- 10 ‘pitiful’ excuses companies use not to hire women execs
- Is your Sears or Kmart closing? Check the list
- Trump may pardon Martha Stewart. Here’s why she went to jail
- Which credit card should I pay off first?
- How to save for retirement when you’re living paycheck to paycheck
- Does saving for college mean you’ll get less financial aid?
- 4 tips for investing a big windfall in today’s market
- Wall Street’s trade war fears are back
- Fed calls Deutsche Bank’s American business ‘troubled’ – report
- The world’s fastest growing major economy is getting even hotter
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow rallies 219 points as investors cheer jobs report
- Job gains in May drive wage growth
- Trump tariffs on US allies a negotiating tactic for free trade: Larry Kudlow
- Sears, Kmart name 63 store closures
- Vermont will pay you $10,000 to relocate. Here’s why.
- Google won’t renew controversial drone project with Pentagon amid employee backlash: report
- Samantha Bee loses State Farm ads after Ivanka Trump slur
- Boeing workers vote to unionize at South Carolina plant
- Bee’s show safe, while Roseanne’s got ‘whacked,’ says Dennis Miller
- Trump administration floats plan to save coal plants
- Trump using tariffs to pursue fair trade: Lou Dobbs
- Trump’s potential Martha Stewart pardon a dubious strategy: Charlie Gasparino
- Delaware first state to OK sports gambling
- What Trump should expect from a North Korea deal
- Top 10 cities for tech jobs beyond Silicon Valley
- And why the nation’s capital is gaining ground.
- 2 Dividend Stocks to Buy in June
- Maine lawmakers to Trump: No taxes on China seafood imports
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
There’s a two part report tonight with two videos, both courtesy of CNBC. Note that their now saying what the Daily Business News has been noting for months.
The May jobs report is great news for everyone — except Democrats running for office
· Friday’s monthly employment report was great news for anyone looking for a job in America – unless you happen to be a Democrat running for Congress.
· That’s because voters who are employed are historically more likely to favor incumbents than those who are out of work.
· With the jobless rate now down to 3.8 percent, Democrats in 435 House districts and 35 Senate races face a major challenge as they try to unseat Republican majorities in both chambers.
The US economy suddenly looks like it’s unstoppable
· Friday’s economic data provided evidence the U.S. economy is heading into the second half of 2018 with strong momentum.
· Nonfarm payrolls beat expectations while manufacturing and construction indexes both showed accelerated growth.
· Economists are slowly ratcheting up expectations for growth through the end of the year, with widely followed measures putting the second quarter at between 3.6 percent and 4.8 percent.
There are a few issues that are still tamping down even faster growth on wages, including robotics. But several issues – beyond tech – are in the target of this administration.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.