Depending on who you tune into, media are either blasting the Trump Administration, or are praising him for standing up for American businesses and jobs. The markets dropped, over the latest round of tariff talk. But should they have? That will be our market focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Trump is starting a global trade war
- Dow drops 250 points on Trump’s tariffs
- Uber and Airbnb could go public next year
- Sears is closing more stores
- GM and Softbank are putting $3 billion into self-driving cars
- Fed calls Deutsche Bank’s American business ‘troubled’ – report
- It’s true: Teens are ditching Facebook
- Trump may pardon Martha Stewart. Here’s why she went to jail
- India tried to sell its national airline. It got zero bids
- India’s economic growth jumps to 7.7%
- 10 ‘pitiful’ excuses companies use not to hire women execs
- Shark Tank’s Barbara Corcoran got D’s in high school. Now she’s a multimillionaire
- She left Colombia during the drug wars. Now she runs a major fashion magazine
- Consumers are spending a lot more and saving a lot less
- Which credit card should I pay off first?
- How to save for retirement when you’re living paycheck to paycheck
- Does saving for college mean you’ll get less financial aid?
- MSNBC host Joy Reid takes more heat for newly unearthed blog posts
- Trump turns to victimhood politics after ABC fires Roseanne
- Roseanne exits stage right, all atwitter
- Big businesses tell the UK: We need Brexit clarity now
- Microsoft passes Google in market value. Next up? Amazon
- Chelsea halts UK stadium project due to ‘investment climate’
- Tesla shareholders want to boot Kimbal Musk and James Murdoch from the board
- Warren Buffett reportedly tried to invest in Uber
- ‘Solo’ had a rough start. This weekend is make or break
- Univision formally announces Vincent Sadusky as CEO
- Why you shouldn’t worry about rate hikes next year
- Big banks are set for a regulatory win
- Italy is already paying a high price for its political crisis
- Walmart’s perk for workers: Go to college for $1 a day
- Too poor to afford food, too rich to qualify for help
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- President Trump’s net worth declined $100M in past year
- Dow index falls as US tariff exemptions removed
- Boeing South Carolina workers face union vote
- Goldman Sachs VP charged with securities fraud
- US oil production could hit 11M barrels per day
- What’s behind talk of Martha Stewart pardon?
- IBM Watson Health cuts US workforce after acquisitions
- Your Harley could cost more thanks to US tariff decision
- Morgan Stanley chief rips Soros for crisis warning
- These are Wall Street’s highest-paid CEOs
- Sears, Kmart to close 72 stores in near future
- Spain frees Putin critic Bill Browder, who live-tweeted his own arrest
- GM shares surge after SoftBank investment
- School safety, not gun control, solution to shootings: Sandy Hook victim’s brother
- Disney displays a double standard: Varney
- These franchises are hiring hundreds this summer
- These are Wall Street’s highest-paid CEOs
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Some give the president credit for the sun rising. Others pummel the president for every drop of rain, or perceived bad news. The truth lies between those two poles.
Donald J. Trump is a deal maker, and a showman. His personal net worth – per Bloomberg – has dropped $100 million in a year. He clearly didn’t take the Oval Office job because everyone loves him. He took it because he thought he could make a difference.
Oppenheimer Funds CIO Krishna Memani said this U.S. market is a safe bet for those with a longer term horizon. On issue after issue, he praised the Trump administration’s policies.
The economy is stronger, job growth and wage growth are real. The National Association of Realtors ™ (NAR) Lawrence Yun laid out a strong case for why the economy is strong. He also obliquely made the case why manufactured homes should be doing much better.
CNBC’s Cramer thinks the Europeans are over their heads with President Trump.
Former CKE Restaurants CEO Andy Puzder, tells Fox Business his take on the potential summit between President Trump and Kim Jong Un. Puzder also discussed President Trump’s plan to move ahead with his tariffs and other trade sanctions.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.