Stocks largely recovered today from four days of losses. The markets moved higher, even though the on-again, off-again tariffs and “trade war” talk is back on again. That will be our market focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Tesla Model 3 recommended by Consumer Reports after brake software fix
- Walmart’s perk for workers: Go to college for $1 a day
- Tesla shareholders want to boot Elon Musk’s brother and James Murdoch from the board
- Trump’s on-again, off-again strategy on China may backfire
- Dick’s soaring sales prove it can succeed without assault rifles
- Too poor to afford food, too rich to qualify for help
- Why you shouldn’t worry about rate hikes next year
- Regulators soften trading rule for banks
- Home Depot co-founder: America has a ‘fabulous’ economy
- Trump breaks silence on Roseanne Barr scandal
- 9 women who allege assaults by Uber drivers want the right to unite in court
- Can the king of advertising make a rapid comeback?
- How Starbucks’ racial bias training went down
- Watch the Starbucks anti-bias training video
- 4 tips for investing a big windfall in today’s market
- Why working from home could increase your tax bill
- Why this Chick-fil-A owner is raising its workers’ wages to $17 an hour
- Italy is already paying a high price for its political crisis
- Italy crisis rocks markets. Here’s why investors are worried
- Market turmoil spreads to Asia
- George Soros is worried about another financial crisis
- Netflix, Amazon and Facebook are a (less dim) light on a dark day for stocks
- This entrepreneur wants to make the ‘ethnic’ beauty aisle a thing of the past
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Truck driver shortage triggers wage boost, Fed says
- Fed advances proposal to loosen Volcker Rule
- Stocks rise as Italian political concern eases
- Tesla Model 3 now a Consumer Reports pick
- Washington Capitals owner pays for NHL Stanley Cup tickets and travel for 200 employees
- Fans pay an average of well over $1,000 on the secondary market.
- Ambien did not make Roseanne racist, drugmaker says
- Democrats should learn from Italy’s politics: Varney
- North Korea’s Kim Jong Un reportedly cries over country’s poor economy in new video
- Allergan birth control recall: Packaging error could lead to ‘unintended pregnancy’
- Alaska, Southwest top best North American airlines lists once more
- Walmart to foot college tuition bills for employees
- Why Wall Street should be bullish on Ford
- Trump ready for China trade war revenge: Peter Navarro
- What more US auto loan delinquencies mean for the economy
- Cryptocurrency stunt on Everest an ‘act of stupidity’
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The drama from Europe, Eastern Asia, oil, and domestic issues aren’t over. That said, the markets moved higher today.
Interestingly, the news of tariffs on China didn’t spook investors today.
Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Director Peter Navarro on the Trump administration’s tariffs and trade talks with China, from Fox Business.
For the background for what’s happening economically – and how the impacts manufactured housing – see the report from Lawrence Yun, NAR, linked below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.