While the RNC convention is underway, so are other signs of economic recovery post-pandemic shutdowns.
One of those indicators is the industrial sector which will be our featured focus tonight.
Republican National Convention (RNC) (Day 2) video.
Tonight’s featured focus follows the first two of three market snapshots, our traditional quotable quotes, left-right headline bullets, and before the 3rd manufactured housing specific related stock summaries at the closing bell today.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Returning to New York
- A Revel brand moped sits parked on a residential street, June 18, 2019 in the Brooklyn borough of New York City. The ride-share moped company has deployed over 1,000 electric mopeds through Brooklyn and Queens. The fully electric mopeds top out at 30 miles per hour and are available to rent by the minute via smartphone.
- Revel returns mopeds to NYC with safety changes after crashes
- Trump is betting on an economic mirage
- McDonald’s is investigating its HR department and possible cover-up of employee misconduct by former CEO
- Palantir’s CEO slams commercial surveillance in Silicon Valley
- Bank profits are taking a nosedive during the pandemic
- See how this company turns garages into affordable housing
- Facebook investigating online activity around last night’s shootings in Kenosha
- iPhone software changes will hurt Facebook’s advertising business, company warns
- Why hardware stores might be the future of fashion
- The office is dead. Get yourself a backyard shed
- ‘The Swiss Army knife of bikes:’ How cargo bikes went from novelty to practicality
- Winter is coming — and restaurants are scrambling
- Homeowners looking to refinance are likely to get hit with this new fee
- Content by LendingTree
- Refi rates at 2.42% APR (15 yr). Do you qualify?
- LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – JULY 06: NBA analyst Kenny Smith attends a game between the Boston Celtics and the Philadelphia 76ers during the 2019 NBA Summer League at the Thomas & Mack Center on July 6, 2019 in Las Vegas, Nevada. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement.
- Kenny Smith walks off ‘Inside the NBA’ set to show solidarity with protesting players
- This tiny electric car could cost just $10,000 in the US. But there’s a catch
- SpaceX founder Elon Musk looks on after being recognized by U.S. President Donald Trump at NASA's Vehicle Assembly Building after watching the successful launch of a Falcon 9 rocket with the Crew Dragon spacecraft from pad 39A at the Kennedy Space Center on May 30, 2020. NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken will rendezvous and dock with the International Space Station, becoming the first people to launch into space from American soil since the end of the Space Shuttle program in 2011.
- Elon Musk is now the fourth-richest person in the world. He’s about to get even richer
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Vice president lists Trump’s accomplishments for nation
- WATCH LIVE: Republican National Convention night three
- Ted Cruz says he wasn’t invited to participate in Republican convention
- Baier calls Biden denunciation of violence ‘very late in coming’ after DNC silence
- If Joe Biden gets elected, we’ll ‘lose the border’: Tom Homan
- Nearly half of USPS employees had ‘unauthorized overtime’ in 2019: report
- MONSTER STORM WATCH: Latest on Cat 4 Hurricane Laura
- Report: NBA to hold league-wide meeting after boycott over Jacob Blake shooting
- LeBron James, others react to Bucks’ boycott over Jacob Blake shooting
- NBA analyst Kenny Smith walks off TNT set in solidarity with player boycott
- Chinese purchases in Trump trade deal fail to meet Beijing’s promises
- STOP ‘N GO
- Payroll tax changes ‘unlikely’ next month as employers await guidance
- VARNEY VIEW
- Republicans delivering audacious convention show
- IRS to mail stimulus checks to 50,000 Americans after error
- BAY AREA CLOSURES
- Coronavirus pandemic forces over half of San Francisco storefronts to close
- CYBER ALERT
- North Korean hackers ramp up bank heists
- Pastor says BLM brings economic stress to black communities
- BIG-NAME CAMPAIGN
- RICH & FAMOUS
- Rapper is ‘first in suite’ of big celebrities to team up with McDonald’s: report
- $200 BILLION MAN
- BUSINESS LEADERS
- Jeff Bezos’ net worth just soared to record-breaking heights
- FIT FOR FOOTBALL ROYALTY
- REAL ESTATE
- SEE IT: Eli Manning throws New Jersey home up for sale
- REAL ESTATE
- New York real estate trails other major market recoveries
- com to cut 1,000 jobs
- REAL ESTATE
- Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber list Beverly Hills home for $16M
- How New York City’s mayor became so unpopular across the political spectrum
- Bengals’ Joe Burrow buys flashy No. 9 chain with an enormous price tag
- YouTube removes more videos than ever during coronavirus pandemic
- Dodgers announcer Vin Scully to auction items from 67-year broadcasting career
- Kate McKinnon to star as Carole Baskin in upcoming ‘Tiger King’ series at NBCUniversal
- Movie debuting in China earns $38 million on opening day, highest single-day earnings of any film in 2020
- Facebook: Apple privacy changes will muck up online ads
- NYC’s biggest attractions gearing up to reopen with new experiences
- Hospital price transparency rule still up in air as legal challenge drags on
- ‘Tiger King’ star Joe Exotic’s husband says legal team will request presidential pardon
- Economy in recession, but there’s reason to be optimistic, Fed president tells Fox Business
- WATCH: BLM protesters berate restaurant customers in viral videos
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- 4 signs you’re ready to claim Social Security
- Stocks claw to record highs as equipment orders boom
- How one of world’s richest athletes could make his way to U.S.
- ‘Intensifying’ Hurricane Laura revealed in time-lapse video of hurricane hunter aircraft
- World Economic Forum postpones annual meeting due to COVID-19
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Industrials will drive the comeback’s next leg, economic forecaster Lakshman Achuthan predicts, per left-of-center CNBC on Wednesday.
Economic forecaster Lakshman Achuthan delivered an encouraging outlook.
He finds a surge in commodity prices suggests the industrial space will lead the next leg of the recovery.
″[It] is really firing on all cylinders,” the Economic Cycle Research Institute co-founder told CNBC on Wednesday.
Achuthan built his bullish case in a chart showing a spike in industrial commodity prices, which includes tallow and benzene, that started last Spring.
“The readings that we’re showing in this chart here are the strongest we’ve seen since the spring of 2018,” said Achuthan. “So, we have a recovery that is going to continue.”
Achuthan believes the trend confirms his argument that this will be the shortest U.S. economic recession on record.
“This is in line with a lot of other cyclical leading indicators of the industrial sector,” he noted. “These industrial, mining and material stocks, that they are actually outperforming the overall S&P since the March trough, too.”
As MHProNews’ will be reporting in a special report, the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) can’t have it both ways. When other segments of the economy are rapidly recovering, why is MHI pushing a coalition for more support for rental housing?
See the related reports for more.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Terror Tactics 1960s-1999 vs 21st Century Terrorist Attacks – Cops, Shops, Workers, Christians, Believers vs Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Marxists, Atheists, Terrorists, Leftist Billionaires – Sunday Weekly Headline Review
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.