The following video recap of night 3 of the 2020 Democratic National Convention is from the “Indivisible Team.”
For those who need a reminder, Indivisible gets financial support, often through dark money channels, from Warren Buffett and some of his leftist billionaire fellow travelers.
Indivisible is part of the anti-Trump resistance movement, which means that some cheer it while others jeer it.
Rephrased, this video is like an imprimatur from the leftist billionaires who support the Democratic establishment.
By contrast is the following tweets and videos.
THANK YOU! #MAGA pic.twitter.com/ZaN6exaryD
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 20, 2020
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 20, 2020
THANK YOU! #MAGA pic.twitter.com/kgLSsAgZmR
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 20, 2020
Democrats want a world without police, without prisons, and without virtually any sort of law enforcement.
These are today’s Democrats. This is Joe Biden’s America. pic.twitter.com/cb8XgHJPWp
— Trump War Room – Text TRUMP to 88022 (@TrumpWarRoom) August 20, 2020
Tonight is Democratic Presidential Nominee Joe Biden’s big night. We’ll plan on unpacking that speech in the near term.
The featured focus segment of this tonight’s market report is found beyond the left-right headline news bullets and 2 of our 3 market snapshots at the closing bell today.
The manufactured housing industry connected stocks are near the end of the report each evening, after the featured focus and the related/recent report links.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Suspended service
- Decommissioned and suspended American Airlines commercial aircrafts are seen stored in Pinal Airpark on May 16, 2020 in Marana, Arizona. Pinal Airpark is the largest commercial aircraft storage facility in the world, currently holding increased numbers of aircraft in response to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic.
- American will temporarily stop flying to these cities. This is likely only the beginning
- The worst-case scenario in November isn’t Trump or Biden. It’s no clear winner at all
- Apple closes above $2 trillion for the first time
- Uber and Lyft get reprieve from court, won’t shut down in California for now
- Mark Zuckerberg was interviewed by FTC over two days as part of antitrust probe
- Boeing wins first order this year for 737 Max planes
- Opinion: Proposed cuts to Medicare will devastate surgeons and their patients
- Here’s what the Taco Bell of the future will look like
- The pandemic is turning into a super-expensive business quagmire
- How Zappos is trying to keep remote workers sane: Herb gardens and confetti (seriously)
- There will soon be only 14 Lord & Taylor stores left
- Content by LendingTree
- Refi rates at 2.42% APR (15 yr). Do you qualify?
- Uber’s former security chief charged for allegedly concealing data breach
- The newly renovated Apple Store at Fifth Avenue is pictured on September 19, 2019 in New York City.
- Tech’s magnificent seven are worth nearly $7.7 trillion
- A DoorDash Inc. delivery bag sits on the floor at Chef Geoff’s restaurant in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Thursday, March 26, 2020. As the wheels of government turn too slowly for small businesses desperate for a piece of the $2 trillion U.S. relief package due to the coronavirus pandemic, restaurateur Geoff Tracy is using GoFundMe to raise money for 150 hourly workers at his American comfort food standby Chef Geoff’s and other restaurants.
- DoorDash is launching a grocery delivery service
- GRAB THE POPCORN
- We asked an expert if it’s safe to go back to movie theaters
- Movie theaters are starting to reopen. Who will go?
- AMC reopens its theaters with 15-cent tickets
- ‘Mulan’ is finally heading to Disney+… for $30
- Universal and AMC Theatres strike a deal allowing new films to play at home sooner
- Apple CEO Steve Jobs delivers a keynote address at the 2005 Macworld Expo January 11, 2005 in San Francisco, California. Jobs announced several new products including the new Mac Mini personal computer starting at $499 and the iPod shuffle MP3 player for $99.
- Apple helped US government build a ‘top secret’ iPod, ex-engineer says
- Apple passed $2 trillion in market value
- War between Fortnite’s maker and Apple escalates
- Did Fortnite just kill the App Store as we know it?
- Apple is making easier to repair your Mac
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Goodyear clarifies policy on MAGA, pro-police gear after Trump boycott call
- The company has clarified its policy to inform employees that they can “express support for law enforcement through apparel at Goodyear facilities,” but are asked…
- Varney: Goodyear fight shows censorship is rampant in America
- Biden attacks Trump over call to boycott Goodyear
- You can still order Lyft or Uber in California thanks to emergency order
- Uber to operate food delivery even if rides business is shut in California
- Steve Bannon pleads not guilty after indicted in ‘We Build the Wall’ case
- GoFundMe cooperating with DOJ on border wall fundraising probe, offers refund
- Stocks rebound as tech paces gains and Tesla nears $2,000
- More than 1.1M Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- Trump rips Biden over fracking, energy policy: ‘Get used to no air conditioning’
- CUT THE CAP
- Grubhub against putting limit on food delivery fees sparked over pandemic
- TO THE LAST DROP
- Craft distillers see sales evaporate thanks to COVID’s devastating impact
- YA BUTTER BACK OFF
- NYC restaurants starved by pandemic threaten lawsuit to bring back this
- BIDEN AT THE BIT
- AOC swipes at Joe’s adviser who said deficits would limit admin spending
- BITE FOR THE RIGHT
- News publishers join fight against Apple over App store terms
- MONEY HONEY
- REAL ESTATE
- Priscilla Presley lists Beverly Hills home she moved to after Elvis divorce
- AISLE HAVE THAT
- Coronavirus binge-shopping helps big-box retailers leave rivals in the dust
- ‘MARXIST’ COUNCIL
- SMALL BUSINESS
- Seattle business owners blast city leaders as stores remain shut
- BOOSTER SHOT
- Coronavirus vaccine could revive sick US economy
- WATERSHED DEAL
- Michigan settles with Flint water crisis victims for more than $500M: report
- HIGH-SPEED SALE
- The $92G Ram 1500 TRX Launch Edition pickup sold out in only 3 hours
- TOO CUTE
- Netflix ‘deeply sorry’ over ‘inappropriate artwork’ for film about young girls
- Coronavirus pandemic pushes expansion of ‘hospital at home’ treatment
- WH says expect economic booth in the third and fourth quarters
- American Airlines will suspend flights to 15 US cities amid aid debate
- This airline company will let you keep the middle seat open, for a price
- Twitter data breach case sparks dispute, as EU weighs first penalty against Silicon Valley under new privacy law
- Trump: We are leaving Iraq ‘shortly’ and ‘making very big oil deals’
- China, US agree to hold trade talks, Chinese commerce ministry says
- China capable of accessing political figure emails, Marco Rubio warns
- Target expands grocery pickup service around the country
- Drive-thru haunted houses are helping Halloween traditions stay alive in 2020
- Airbnb implements ‘global party ban,’ caps all occupancies at 16
- PG&E warns of possible outages tonight, urging customers to conserve energy
- Weed vending machines pop up in Colorado
- Boston’s ‘Cheers’ bar closing due to coronavirus
- Nestle launches plant-based tuna
- Judge Judy taking Rebel Entertainment Partners to court for $22 million
- Trump rips Goodyear over ‘disgraceful’ reported ban on MAGA, Blue Lives Matter
- ‘Jurassic World’ makes production changes after crew members in Malta test positive for COVID-19
- Bud Light Seltzer looks to hire ‘Chief Meme Officer’
- NASCAR ‘Trump 2020’ car keeps Goodyear tires despite president’s call for boycott
- Fed officials worried about withdrawal of government support, minutes show
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
A concern that MHProNews has raised about the recent announcement by the Trump Administration regarding the AFFH is this and another report linked further below.
Counterprogramming! President Trump, Secretary Carson “We’ll Protect America’s Suburbs” vs. Biden-Harris and 2020 Democratic Convention Opening Day, plus Manufactured Housing Investing, Stock Updates
Would this decision – see the report linked above – by Team Trump reported above tend to undermine manufactured housing’s enhanced preemption (EP) position?
Here is what a Washington insider told MHProNews on that question.
“No, I think it’s distinguishable. There’s specific statutory authority for EP, as contrasted with an overly broad and intrusive “interpretation” of the Fair Housing Act with respect to AFFH.”
With that backdrop, is this press release from HUD to MHProNews earlier today.
HUD SECRETARY BEN CARSON HOSTS ROUNDTABLE WITH PENNSYLVANIA ELECTED OFFICIALS ON THE REMOVAL OF THE 2015 AFFH RULE
WASHINGTON – The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) today held a roundtable with local and federal officials in Pennsylvania to discuss the importance of local zoning decisions being made by local communities rather than unelected bureaucrats in Washington.
“American suburbs are a shining example of the American Dream, where people can live in their own homes, in safe, pleasant neighborhoods,” said Secretary Carson. “We have already seen jurisdictions make strong progress promoting fair housing at the local level, and they will continue to do so without complicated certification processes from Washington that would inevitably lead to blanket national policies on intimate local issues. As it turns out, our Founders had some good ideas when they set up our government—we just need to listen to them. Washington has no business dictating what is best to meet your local community’s unique needs.”
“I commend President Trump and his administration for ensuring that Americans have access to affordable housing,” said U.S. Representative Fred Keller (R-PA 12). “Rolling back the AFFH rule gets government out of the way, eliminates costly Washington mandates, and supports local control of neighborhood development.”
This brand-new rule, called Preserving Community and Neighborhood Choice, defines fair housing broadly to mean housing that, among other attributes, is affordable, safe, decent, free of unlawful discrimination, and accessible under civil rights laws. It then defines “affirmatively furthering fair housing” to mean any action rationally related to promoting any of the above attributes of fair housing.
Now, a grantee’s certification that it has affirmatively furthered fair housing will be deemed sufficient if it proposes to take any action above what is required by statute related to promoting any of the attributes of fair housing. HUD remains able to terminate funding if it discovers, after investigation made pursuant to complaint or by its own volition, that a jurisdiction has not adhered to its commitment to AFFH.
Persons who believe they have experienced housing discrimination may file a complaint of discrimination by contacting HUD’s Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity at (800) 669-9777 or visiting How to File a Complaint on HUD’s website. Materials and assistance are available for persons with limited English proficiency. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may contact the Department using the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.
HUD’s mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
Racially Charged Play for White Votes? Or Pragmatic Step? HUD Secretary Carson’s AFFH Rule Announcement Has Affordable Manufactured Housing Implications
The above should be viewed through the lens of the report linked below and following.
Triad Financial Services, Pam Danner, ObamaNation Federal Hiring Exposé, Affordable Manufactured Housing Reality Checks
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
“Anyone with eyes can see what’s happening,” “The American people are being told a lie by the media.” Plus, Manufactured Housing Investing, Stock Updates
Warren Buffett Declared “Class Warfare,” Buffett Says Fellow Billionaires – “We’re Winning”
Black Lives Matter – the Nonprofit, Black Lives Matter – the Slogan, Black Man Dies – the Costly and Deadly Reality
Terror Tactics 1960s-1999 vs 21st Century Terrorist Attacks – Cops, Shops, Workers, Christians, Believers vs Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Marxists, Atheists, Terrorists, Leftist Billionaires – Sunday Weekly Headline Review
Grapes of Wrath – Massive Foreclosure, Evictions Wave Looms, Threatens Housing, Usual Suspects-Gates, Buffett, Soros Lurk in Rigged System – Aspen Institute, COVID19 Eviction Project Plot
The Party is Over, So What’s Next? Corruption and Evil Boils Down to This. Plus, Sunday Weekly Headlines Review
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses. For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Enjoy these ‘blast from the past’ comments.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
2019 Year-End Totals Reveals Decline in New HUD Code Manufactured Home Production, Shipments vs. 2018
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.