The markets closed broadly up today, but manufactured housing connected tracked equities went broadly down. Among the issues that’s not as discussed as it debatably merits is the impact on robotics on the workforce, and thus on a significant part of the manufactured housing customer base of the future. A panel discussion on that topic will be our featured report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Sears continues to cost its creditors a bundle
- The bankrupt retailer is averaging $4 million a week in legal fees – and there’s no end in sight
- Cryptocurrency was the hot topic at Davos last year. Now, it’s a sideshow
- China to Davos: Stop freaking out about our economy
- EU leaders and business chiefs are turning up the heat over Brexit
- More volatility ahead for Wall Street
- Verizon to cut 7% of staff from media division
- Shares of Papa John’s rise following takeover report
- Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin launches 10th test flight of space tourism rocket
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s tax plan dissed at Davos
- Amazon’s shipping service experiment dings rivals’ stocks
- How to keep a healthy lifestyle while you travel for work
- Gillette says it’s satisfied with sales after controversial ad
- Content by CompareCards
- The fastest way to pay off $10,000 in credit card debt
- This startup is making glasses kids will actually want to wear
- 20190122 perspectives seattle housing
- PERSPECTIVES 10% of the world lives on $2 a day. It’s time for businesses to step up
- Elisabeth Moss in 'The Handmaid's Tale'
- Hulu to drop the price of its basic plan
- The tax law investment boom that wasn’t
- WH adviser: There could be zero economic growth if shutdown lingers
- IMF’s Lagarde warns of global economic decline
- How’s the economy doing? Shutdown makes it hard to tell
- James Dyson is moving his company HQ to Singapore
- Sony Europe moves legal base out of UK because of Brexit
- $1 trillion is leaving Britain because of Brexit
- Brexit is holding back innovation at European carmakers
- German manufacturer closes two UK plants over Brexit
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- US stocks close up as strong earnings offset global growth worries
- Hulu lowers prices in challenge to Netflix
- Who is Juan Guaidó, US-recognized interim president of Venezuela?
- Saints fans’ lawsuit against the NFL is ‘dead in the water,’ Judge Napolitano says
- Jobs that aren’t worth their expensive educational requirements
- Ford’s turnaround pinned on new fleet as outlook remains treacherous
- Verizon Media to cut 7 percent of workforce
- What does the future hold for Coca-Cola?
- Federal Reserve to cut rates in 2020: Mohamed El-Erian
- Walmart on truck driver hiring spree amid US shortage
- Jamie Dimon: My heart is Democrat, but mind is Republican
- Synchrony’s Walmart feud is over, Sam’s Club deal extended
- How the Academy Award best picture nominees performed at the box office
- The retirement questions you should be asking
- Unconventional loans surge in 2018: Housing trouble ahead?
- Supreme Court agrees to hear gun rights challenge to NYC transport law
- Tesla was just downgraded by RBC. Here’s why
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s thoughts on the role of billionaires, US economy
- A look at Robert Kraft, the billionaire owner of the Patriots
- Super Bowl commercial roundup: A look at this year’s ads from major companies
- Mercedes-Benz Stadium food, drink prices to stay cheap for Super Bowl LIII
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Bulls and Bears on Fox Business has one of the more engaging discussion panels, with plenty of balance.
MHProNews has tracked the issue of robots, AI and related technology. The trend toward job-eliminating tech has already eliminated some 5 million jobs since 2000, says QZ.
Tens of millions of more jobs could be perched to fall.
There’s plenty of happy talk about this trend, with some claiming that ‘something new’ will come to replace those jobs, as has happened with mechanization of the past. But what is missing are the details. What, pray tell, will that ‘something be’ – especially for low-skill workers?
With that brief tee up, consider what the panel has to say.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.