What was once an occasional drip-drip-drop of reports about the coming disruptions caused by robotics and AI – artificial intelligence – is turning into a growing river.
One report out of Britain suggests that many are feeling hopeless about the issue, which in turn is driving more despair, drug, and alcohol abuse. Other reports say that people believe it is coming, but they don’t think it will happen to them.
This will impact every industry, and everyone.
What are the facts?
That will be the focus of today’s market report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- This could be ‘Armageddon’ for the market
- CFPB to reconsider payday lending rule
- Fox News shelved story on Trump and porn actress
- Robots are coming for your job
- How NY governor wants to thwart the GOP tax law
- States sue to stop FCC’s net neutrality repeal
- What new Dunkin’ Donuts stores will look like
- Trump hotels swarmed with ‘s***hole’ reviews on Yelp
- Nestle selling U.S. candy brands to Nutella company
- Citigroup takes a $22 billion hit — and its stock goes up
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow cracks 26,000 as earnings take center stage
- Dow surpasses 26,000 in record time
- Ford Motor sees lower operating profit on an earnings-per-share basis
- US shoppers spent record $108B online during holiday season
- US oil industry set to break record, upend global trade
- GE faces big charge: Is a break-up next?
- FedEx CEO on tax bill: I’m sure we will be doing a lot of things as a result
- H&R Block, Walmart enter exclusive tax software partnership, shares rise
- High school student makes six figures mowing lawns
- AllState CEO: Self driving cars ahead, so what happens to the insurance industry?
- Colin Kaepernick to complete $1M donation pledge to social causes
- 2018’s best and worst states to retire
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,776.42 -9.82(-0.35%)
Dow 30 25,792.86 -10.33(-0.04%)
Nasdaq 7,223.69 -37.38(-0.51%)
Russell 2000 1,572.97 -19.00(-1.19%)
Crude Oil 63.84 +0.11(+0.17%)
Gold 1,340.40 +3.30(+0.25%)
Silver 17.22 +0.03(+0.15%)
EUR/USD 1.2308 +0.0051(+0.42%)
10-Yr Bond 2.544 -0.008(-0.31%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Many of the powers-that-be-want to provide reams of happy-talk when it comes to artificial intelligence (AI), robotics.
The blather about universal basic income being the solution, a notion the Daily Business News debunked for readers last year. Talk of that as a possible ‘cure’ for the coming crisis has seemingly died down recently.
The problems are real.
“Solutions” are elusive.
MHProNews has reached out to politicians in both major parties. So far, their responses are just white noise, or happy talk, like past trends have always resulted in new jobs. But that’s not what billionaire Elon Musk is saying, and he says he has the most cutting edge AI going.
Elon Musk in this second video says that not some jobs, all jobs are at risk.
Musk says AI/robots could turn lethal.
It may sound odd, but it is quite possible that government has no answer for this. Foreign and domestic powers are developing killer robots and other lethal applications.
Which, if true, leaves humanity with its only option as the one from the dawn of time. God.
Decades of secular humanism have yielded no utopia.
Who will own the robots and AI, if not governments and the uber-rich?
Time seems to be proving the obvious. God alone is enough. First stop? Prayer.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: the chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.