Some things are starkly real, regardless of what the cause might be. But when it comes to housing, especially affordable housing, ought to be able to ride higher during various challenges. That’s just common sense. More entry level cars are being sold than ultra-luxury cars. More cheap boats are sold than huge yachts. So why aren’t more manufactured homes being sold than far more expensive options? So long as financing is available, credit scores, and the stable income are there to support home purchases, affordable homes ought to ride higher when higher priced homes might struggle. So, we’ll look at this evening’s report through that lens, on a day when the markets dropped over trade war tensions and more.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Oil gets clobbered
- A trade war between the world’s two largest economies is bad news for the oil business
- Walmart, Target and Macy’s are hurt by the trade clash
- Here’s the worst-case scenario for the US-China trade war
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- With protesters at the gates, McDonald’s talks up its success story
- Facebook removed 2.2 billion fake accounts in three months
- Amazon might be working on a smart watch that can sense your feelings
- Chipotle stock falls 6% on worries about African swine fever
- PERSPECTIVES Bitcoin could revolutionize the way we donate money
- The turnaround plan that wasn’t. Deutsche Bank stock hits new record low
- Mounting antitrust scrutiny has Silicon Valley on the defensive
- Intel was losing employees. So it created an anonymous hotline to help unhappy workers
- Beaming cheap internet from space has bankrupted some companies. Here’s how SpaceX plans to survive
- PERSPECTIVES Where Trump went wrong in the US-China trade war
- Dow falls sharply on trade worries
- This could be the most valuable Porsche ever sold
- Disney’s plan to expand the Star Wars galaxy: Make the fantasy real
- Coca-Cola is bringing back New Coke in honor of ‘Stranger Things’
- McDonald’s is bringing hits from its global menu to the United States
- Luckin Coffee surges in Wall Street debut
- Burger King is bringing the Impossible Whopper to three new cities
- Taco Bell will open 600 restaurants in India
- Reusable packages are coming to Walgreens and Kroger
- Starbucks to test recyclable, compostable cups
- Whole Foods will ban plastic straws and offer smaller produce bags
- Toblerone and Cadbury will be made with sustainable cocoa
- This smart farm is growing tomatoes in the desert
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump rolls out second aid package for farmers worth $16B amid US-China trade war
- Dow falls sharply on global trade, political concerns
- Cheat on your taxes? Fewer Americans think you’re wrong
- US tariffs on Chinese imports could help push inflation closer to 2%, Fed’s Daly says
- How much it really costs to own a car in every state
- House approves retirement reform bill that amends 401(k), IRA rules
- Amazon customer asks Jeff Bezos during shareholder meeting for help returning package: report
- WATCH: Maria Bartiromo spars with Democratic and Republican lawmakers over Washington dysfunction
- Cento Fine Foods sued by customers claiming San Marzano tomatoes are not authentic: reports
- Papa John’s embattled founder sells some 3.8M shares, remains largest individual shareholder
- Elon Musk mocks Jeff Bezos’ space colony vision in snarky tweet
- NASA awards Artemis contract to Maxar Technologies to build first pieces of lunar Gateway outpost
- Origin of Russian probe goes ‘all the way up the chain,’ Robert Ray says
- Panasonic reiterates Huawei relationship, vows strict adherence to partner countries’ laws, report says
- New York City’s spending on homelessness climbs to $3.2B this year
- Nashville’s NFL Draft generated record economic windfall: Here’s how much
- Famed investor Alan Patricof says he’s sorry for this very costly mistake
- Elizabeth Warren, AOC team up to jab Mnuchin for role in Sears’ demise
- Queen Elizabeth II visits British Airways, Sainsbury’s in honor of their anniversaries
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
For those who have walked a sales center display, or have sold manufactured homes in communities, they know that common questions are ‘how much down,’ and ‘how much a month.’ Its not only total price, but the initial investment and the monthly payment that can make or break a sale.
While this writer has not done that anywhere nearly as much as our publisher has, I’ve done it – which means that we have experiences that most others lack.
With that in mind, as conventional housing soars in price, manufactured homes – under more normal circumstances – ought to be surging, rather than struggling.
There is now growing talk of a protracted trade war with China. That may be. For those who have bet big on communist-led China, that could be a problem.
But would that be a problem for the U.S. in the mid-to-long run? Perhaps it would fuel still more economic growth, as manufacturing, energy, and other job creation surges to match business investments domestically.
CNBC’s video on the headline topic is below.
That should be viewed in conjunction with related reports, linked below.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.