Rasmussen’s daily presidential tracking poll – dissed by some, but more accurate than many in the 2016 election cycle – shows President Trump at 52 percent approval today.
Left-wing filmmaker Michael Moore, who is strongly opposed to President Trump, is warning his fellow Democratic supporters that there is more enthusiasm among Trump-Pence supporters than there is for Biden-Harris.
The featured focus this evening is the latest labor data. More workers routinely leads to more housing sales, so this is potentially good news for HUD Code manufactured home retailers, communities, and producers – as well as those companies and organizations that serve them.
The featured focus follows the quotable quotes, left-right headline bullets from CNN and Fox Business, as well as two of our three market graphic snapshots at the closing bell. The business nightly manufactured home connected equities graphic is found after the featured focus and the related reports.
Quotes That Shed Light – American Social, Industry, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Tested by turbulence
- Recent market mayhem has been a rude awakening for Robinhood’s newbie investors
- Stocks stage a late-day comeback
- Trump’s job losses are the worst of any American president on record
- US adds 1.4 million jobs in August, but is still down 11.5 million jobs since Covid hit
- See which states’ economies are recovering the fastest and the slowest
- Opinion: Jobs in these industries won’t come back even after the pandemic is over
- Transit workers put their lives at risk. Now they may lose their jobs
- This is the worst economic crisis of our lifetimes. Yet 30% of Americans think the economy is fine
- The stock market is flashing a warning sign
- Opinion: The market rebound since March shows why it doesn’t pay to panic
- OTHER TOP STORIES
- How an American who lost his job due to Covid-19 got roped into an apparent Russian plot to meddle in American life
- This discount retailer is crushing it during the pandemic
- Nearly two-thirds of New York restaurants may have to close by January
- After rides, California law could target food and grocery delivery services next
- The long-awaited ‘Avengers’ video game is here
- World’s richest oil company rethinks its global ambitions
- Watch Apple’s commercial where people blurt out their private info
- Airbnb CEO: People are booking months-long stays
- WHERE WE LIVE
- Aterah Nusrat and Morgan Dix and their new home in Longmont, Colorado bought after the left Boston during the pandemic.
- These people have left big cities for good. Here’s where they landed
- Evictions are halted: Here’s what you need to know
- The office is dead. Get yourself a backyard shed
- Refinancing? Watch out for this new fee
- Home sales surge 25%; prices hit a record
- WHAT TO WATCH
- To be a success, ‘Mulan’ will have to conquer the world
- ‘Cobra Kai’ went from obscurity to No. 1 on Netflix
- Hollywood needs a blockbuster hit in China
- How ‘Tenet’ could be a hit, even during a pandemic
- Harry and Meghan sign production deal with Netflix
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Biden says Trump botched economic recovery from COVID-19 pandemic
- Biden-Trump race tightening in the biggest battleground: Poll
- Stuart Varney: Joe Biden reversals are piling up
- Trump dubs himself an ‘environmentalist’ but underscores his limits
- Trump oversees economic deal that includes Kosovo recognizing Israel, Serbia moving embassy to Jerusalem
- Stocks plummet as sustained selloff overpowers improving labor landscape
- LA chief medical officer confirms multiple COVID-19 cases on film, tv sets
- Charles Payne to investors: Be careful not to succumb to emotions too often
- ‘BEST VALUE’
- Microsoft upheld over Amazon as JEDI ‘war cloud’ contract winner
- POP-UP TAKES OFF
- FOOD & DRINK
- Airline opens restaurant, serving in-flight meals to diners in airplane chairs
- DON’T DO IT
- PERSONAL FINANCE
- 69% of retirees are making this terrible Social Security mistake
- ROUGH REVIEWS
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry’s Netflix deal doesn’t please UK citizens: survey
- ‘ABSOLUTELY ABSURD’
- Pence responds to claim Trump nixed cemetery trip over disdain for slain vets
- FOLLOW THE MONEY
- White House asks US agencies to detail China-related spending
- GAMING THE SYSTEM
- Students outwit remote-learning algorithm to boost grades
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE
- SEE IT: FOX Business enhances portfolio tracker, real-time market data
- Social Security benefit cuts could be coming — here’s who it will affect
- A second stimulus check? Why parents in this state could receive more cash
- Ulta beauty returns to TV advertising after a pandemic pause
- RICH & FAMOUS
- Pop star plans to raise $100M for mental health services with new makeup line
- Owner of small business destroyed in Kenosha vows to rebuild, makes plea
- Disney World’s Polynesian resort to be remodeled, take inspiration from ‘Moana’
- Hunter Biden’s deals ‘served’ China and its military, new documentary claims
- Salon at center of Pelosi controversy flooded with donations in 24 hours
- Black passenger commends Delta following incident with White woman on flight: ‘Why I will only fly Delta’
- WATCH: Pence says administration will not ‘cut corners’ with COVID vaccine
- Widespread fraud concerns grow over unemployment benefits in this state
- FOOD & DRINK
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Wingstop respond to man’s viral plea to denounce this term
- Why top Republican leader says he doesn’t want powerful business lobbying group’s endorsement
- WATCH: Larry Kudlow says US in ‘self-sustaining recovery’
- Kudlow tells emotional recovery story at White House event: ‘I was a hopeless abuser of alcohol and drugs’
- Hair salon had to remove job ad for ‘happy’ stylist because it is ‘discriminatory’ against unhappy people
- Trump claims coronavirus vaccine could be delivered next month
- Kentucky Derby 2020: Race preview, how to watch, favorites & odds
- Discover blocks donations to site raising money for Kyle Rittenhouse defense
- SMALL BUSINESS
- Amazon to invest $18B to help small and medium-sized businesses
- Don Peebles: I plan to be part of a ‘solution’ to move New York forward
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Left-of-center CNBC provided the following toplines, based on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Nonfarm payrolls increased by 1.37 million in August vs. Dow Jones estimates of 1.32 million.
- The unemployment dropped to 8.4% from 10.2% in July and well below expectations of 9.8%.
- Government hiring led the way, with gains also coming in retail and education and health services.
Right-of-center Breitbart News noted the following data points in their report.
“The fall in unemployment was widespread among the major worker groups. The unemployment rates declined in August for adult men (8.0 percent), adult women (8.4 percent), teenagers (16.1 percent), Whites (7.3 percent), Blacks (13.0 percent), and Hispanics (10.5 percent). The jobless rate for Asians (10.7 percent) changed little over the month.
The labor force participation rate moved up by 0.3 percentage points to 61.7 percent in August but is 1.7 percentage points below its February level. Total employment rose by 3.8 million in August to 147.3 million.”
Breitbart further noted that the rise in employment was about double what private payroll process ADP had projected. They also noted that “In a new data point, the government now reports on people working remotely. In August, 24.3 percent of employed persons teleworked at some point during the month because of the coronavirus pandemic, down from 26.4 percent in July.”
Breitbart also noted that “The [SBA] Paycheck Protection Program, which provides forgivable loans to small businesses that avoid layoffs, also seems to have supported employment and rehiring.
Those programs, however, have largely run their course. The $600 a week enhancement to unemployment benefits expired a month ago. The Paycheck Protection Program was meant to support employment for just a few months and most of the funds are now exhausted. Negotiations to re-up the programs stalled on Capitol Hill due to fierce resistance by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats to reaching any deal with the Trump administration and House Republicans.
President Donald Trump has used executive orders to maintain federal support for unemployment benefits and the CDC has announced an emergency ban on evictions. But those additional payments did not start until this month…”
Additional Information, MHProNews Analysis and Commentary
It should be noted that manufactured home producers told MHProNews that the $600 weekly unemployment enhancement was a barrier to hiring. Those sources said that a lower amount was needed so that people would choose work over federally enhanced unemployment checks.
The BLS also said that: “In August, 24.2 million persons reported that they had been unable to work because their employer closed or lost business due to the pandemic—that is, they did not work at all or worked fewer hours at some point in the last 4 weeks due to the pandemic. This measure is down from 31.3 million in July.”
The entire BLS data set is available at this link here as a download.
As final notes, which too few news outlets mention, but which President Trump points to in his rallies and speeches, there is an unquestionable drag on the recovery because several ‘blue’ states and ‘blue’ – meaning Democratically run – cities are maintaining a higher level of lockdown on smaller businesses than ‘red’ states. It is difficult to estimate how much higher the recovery might be if not for this purportedly political tactic.
Additionally, lower regulations, lower taxes, more favorable trade deals, and Opportunity Zones are among the incentives for more investing and job creation. That stands in stark contrast with proposals coming from the Biden Campaign, if they were to prove to be successful.
Both major parties are treating the rapidly-approaching election is a jump ball.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Are More Blacks Moving to President Trump? “I have done more in three years for the black community than Joe Biden has done in 47 years—and when I’m reelected, the best is yet to come!” Plus Manufactured Home Investing, Stock Updates
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our tenth anniversary and is in year 11 of publishing.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.