Brexit now looks hopeful, as a tentative deal has been reached, even though Britain’s Nigel Farage doesn’t like it. It sounds like Ukraine-gate, while it will go on for some time, is just the latest iteration of nearly 3 years of efforts to impeach President Donald J. Trump – there is no there there, save perhaps for Hunter and former VP Joe Biden. The planned 2020 G7 meeting at the Trump Doral property has brought howls over the “emoluments clause” – but based upon the word heard, it is being done at cost, without profit; if so, that sounds like yet another impeachment fever nothing burger. There is a complete menu of items that our left-right news summary cover this evening that influenced some investors. That said, our focus this evening will be the “unconventional” solution that President Trump’s Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo have reportedly reached with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan and the Kurds is a stunning turnaround from just 24-48 hours ago. That will be our focus this evening.
Regular readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Newsy, Peeling Back Media Bias, Manufactured Housing Sales, Investing, Politics, and You
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Watch out, Tesla
- A ChargePoint Inc. charging plug sits connected to an electric vehicle (EV) at a station in Los Angeles, California, U.S., on Tuesday, July 11, 2017. City Council committee signed off financing for a program to provide more than $1.1 million in funding to add dozens of EV charging stations around the city in addition to the 560 already in place at city facilities and street locations.
- Ford is planning the largest electric vehicle charging network in the US
- A new bill threatens years of jail time for companies that misuse consumer data
- New Brexit deal is still bad for business and the UK economy
- Opinion: These Social Security plans could help solve America’s retirement crisis
- iOS 13 is now on more than half of all iPhones
- Saudi Aramco delays IPO to give clarity on impact of attacks
- Democrats need to sharpen their attacks on the Trump economy
- Stephen Colbert signs new ‘Late Show’ deal through 2023
- Canada’s Cannabis 2.0: Edibles, beverages, vapes on deck
- Shopping Content by CNN Underscored
- Beats Solo Pro headphones pack a punch
- This startup is saving crops by making ‘super bees’
- Deal to end GM strike won’t save Lordstown plant
- Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., talks about her plans if she becomes president during a rally at Keene State College, in Keene, N.H., on Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019.
- How Elizabeth Warren could ‘vaporize’ America’s oil boom
- OPINION – The promotion gap is real — and it’s why women hold just 21% of C-suite jobs
- Why it’s good for business to have a woman at the top
- It’s 2019 and just one in five C-suite executives is a woman
- Melinda Gates has pledged $1 billion to achieving gender equality
- Hollywood’s glass ceiling: Why doesn’t the film industry trust women?
- FIGHTING BIG TECH
- Marc Benioff says it’s time to break up Facebook
- 2020 Democratic candidates slam Big Tech
- Facebook’s refusal to fact-check Trump could be its defining 2020 decision
- Libra’s future could be threatened before it even gets off the ground
- The number of deepfake videos is spiking. Most are porn
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- NBA commissioner’s response after China demands GM be fired over tweet
- NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said Chinese government officials called on him to fire Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey.
- LeBron James sends cryptic message after China comments backfire
- Judge rules on Alan Dershowitz’s bid to dismiss Epstein accuser’s lawsuit
- True cost of ‘Medicare for All’ revealed in startling study
- Study makes frightening discovery about 95% of baby foods
- Why this country star is calling on fans to help put this hotel out of business
- These employees won’t be allowed on casino floors when they’re off the clock
- This is the most profitable investment for businesses
- Beijing reveals its ‘ultimate goal’ in the trade war against the US
- ‘Billions’ showrunners find their next project in Uber’s ‘cautionary tale’
- Fitbit takes aim at Apple with this key health feature
- SIPPING CBD? Major brewery plans to unveil cannabis-infused drinks
- Trendy millennials are leaving big cities in droves — here’s where they’re going
- How much Americans need to earn to join the top 1%
- One of America’s most notorious prisons could close soon
- EXCLUSIVE: JPMorgan planning to alert WeWork board about financing soon
- Amazon works employees to the bone at this distribution center
- Stocks rally led by Netflix, JPMorgan and Brexit progress
- Inside the landmark deal that got 50,000 GM employees back to work
- Chicago teachers go on strike: Here’s what they want
- Johnson & Johnson to pay big settlement in suit over surgical mesh device
- Airbnb unveils Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse — but there’s a catch
- Former banker allegedly pocketed millions in bribes from $2B scheme
- Zuckerberg says he considered banning political ads on Facebook
- Major US health insurer warned FBI payroll boss caught in scandal
- Salesforce founder on ‘the key’ to unlocking California’s homeless crisis
- Super Bowl champion’s name trends on social media and scares NFL fans
- Raytheon snags contract to build Army’s new missile defense radar
- These cities have the worst e-cigarette problems
- Nestlé in hot water as one of its products starts to fail
- Trump’s Doral resort wins the G-7 summit
- Air Force burgers go meatless in an appeal to millennials
- Boeing 737 Max victims’ lawyers to subpoena Southwest, American airlines
- Celebrities are throwing money at this long-shot 2020 candidate
- Leading ladies storming the comic blockbuster movie scene
- Solid gold? ’80s headliners Pat Benatar, Whitney Houston get ‘best shots’ at Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Tonight’s Business/Market/Political Impact Spotlight –
Our sources in the Washington, D.C. metro had told us to be patient on what President Trump was doing with the situation that developed when the U.S. military was suddenly told to pull out of Syria. Leaders among both Democrats and Republicans swiftly condemned the president’s decision.
If this 5-day cease fire and related agreement indeed holds, it could be a historic victory instead of a foreign policy embarrassment.
A Middle Eastern expert familiar with the Kurds and Turks told us to be patient, and watch developments. That proved to be sound advice.
GOP Senator Rand Paul (KY-R) was almost alone in praising President Trump, even before the cease fire was announced. Paul has been a steadfast opponent of ‘neocons’ who support ‘endless wars.’
This may be latest example of the emergence of a vision for what the “Trump Doctrine” is. When President Trump has said, “America First,” he has also said that other nation’s of course have to put their interests first too. He is not as quick as several of his predecessors to deploy American troops. That may be good news for wide swaths of the electorate.
Of course, it will all depend on how well this deal holds and given some 200 years of battles between Turks and Kurds, there are no guarantees. But this also reflects just how silly some of the political narratives are in our nation, because putting pressure on Turkey, Kurds or anyone else is by definition ‘interference’ in their internal affairs. China, Russia, North Korea, Iran – even our allies – try to ‘interfere’ with our domestic politics too. That’s part of the reason why spies and influence campaigns exist.
President Washington encouraged commerce with all and entangling alliances with none. Would that work in today’s world? This incremental rollout of the ‘Trump Doctrine’ may shed light on that question.
We will monitor this development, as it will likely have an impact on the steady march toward election day 2020. That in turn will impact business and the markets.
News Media Alliance Slams “Anti-Competitive Behavior,” Report, Congress Investigates – Plus Manufactured Home Stock Updates
“I Dare You!” Next Week, 2020 Democratic Hopefuls Debate, Today’s Look at POTUS Trump’s Minneapolis Rally, Insights and Lessons
Tonight’s 2020 Democratic Debate Preview, Hunter Biden, Senators Warren and Sanders, plus Manufactured Home Investing, Stock Updates
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender.
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Updated for Fall 2019…
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Enjoy these ‘blast from the past’ comments.
Celebrating 10 Years of Goal- and Solution-Oriented Manufactured Home Industry Innovation Information, and Inspiration for Industry Professionals
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.