The markets rallied on word that a deal may be close to done between the U.S. and Mexico on the issue of controlling the flow of illegal immigrants through their country that are coming to the United States. Vice President Mike Pence said in the last hour that there’s progress, but no deal. For those unexcited about the notion of a tariffs tiff between the U.S. and Mexico, on a day that the markets rallied, this evening’s report is for you.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Relief from robocalls
- Carriers can now block the unwanted calls by default for everyone. But it may come at a price
- LIVE UPDATES Stocks close higher, Dow logs fourth day of gains
- Who’s hungry? These 10 food and drink stocks hit a record high today
- Fiat Chrysler lost Renault. It needs to find another partner fast
- Worried about an economic slowdown? Keep an eye on these indicators
- This ETF promises to protect your money from the trade war
- Wall Street is clamoring for rate cuts. Banks not so much
- Huawei wariness is helping this American company
- Spotify strikes deal with Barack and Michelle Obama to produce exclusive podcasts
- Vox Media websites go dark as hundreds of employees stage walkout to demand union deal
- Apollo 11 astronaut Michael Collins mocks Trump’s knowledge of Mars
- This startup brings birth control to your doorstep, with or without insurance
- College grads earn $30,000 a year more than people with just a high school degree
- The 2019 stock market is starting to feel like the 2008 stock market
- Starbucks will open its first store in Provo, Utah, near coffee-free BYU campus
- Walmart is getting rid of its blue vests. Here’s what the new ones look like
- America’s minimum wage is ‘too low,’ Walmart CEO says
- Its new plan to recruit high school students
- The trade war comes to Walmart, Target and Macy’s
- Walmart says it will raise prices because of tariffs
- FAST FOOD ON THE MOVE
- Jamba Juice drops ‘juice’ from its name
- Can anything stop Chipotle?
- Taco Bell will open 600 restaurants in India
- KFC is looking into plant-based chicken alternatives
- Dunkin’s latest breakfast creation turns up heat on McDonald’s
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Economic warfare threats highest in history: Chuck Hagel
- FCC empowers telecom firms to automatically enroll customers in call blocking services
- US weekly jobless claims unchanged, point to labor market strength
- IMF bullish on US economy, but warns of trade war wildcard
- Warriors part owner Mark Stevens banned from NBA games after shoving Kyle Lowry
- AOC says Americans’ right to a home trumps workers’ ‘privilege’ to earn profit
- Tennessee moonshine maker concocts high-proof liquor, battles consumer demand
- The magic ingredient in Impossible Foods meatless burgers sparks feeding frenzy
- Top 10 states with the cheapest gas prices
- Used cars being bought more than new ones, study shows
- Freddie Mac reports dip in long-term mortgage rates, says 30-year average hit ‘lowest level’ since 2017
- New York seizes 46 ice cream trucks in sting dubbed ‘Operation Meltdown’
- AOC, Warren closer to goal of IRS doing your taxes for you
- Billionaire John Paul DeJoria buys McDonald’s campus in Illinois
- Trump threatens China with tariffs on another $300B of goods
- Callaway robot improves golf swing, helps pros win 18 tournaments
- Wealthy Illinois residents could see taxes spike
- Steve Moore floats Art Laffer as Trump’s next top economist
- ‘Bar Rescue’ star Jon Taffer: The restaurant of the future won’t have chefs cooking
- Walmart adds more than 120 electric vehicle charging stations to US stores
- Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers co-founds $50M venture capital fund
- Tom Brady calls ‘Tom Terrific’ trademark backlash ‘unfortunate,’ has no plans to sell gear
- May jobs report released on Friday: What you should expect
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
This left-of-center CBS News video from earlier today sets the stage for the topic.
As noted, the talks adjourned, but per CNBC, they should be resuming soon, if not already tonight.
· Talks between U.S. and Mexican officials, which began Wednesday and resumed earlier Thursday, were poised to continue at 5:30 p.m. ET at the State Department, according to a key Mexican government negotiator.
· Ambassador Martha Barcena said that the Mexican delegation “explained to [the U.S.] all the enforcement measures that Mexico is taking” to address immigration issues.
· But the talks aren’t over yet, Barcena said: “We are still talking about all the legal aspects of the cooperation that we are having on migration.”
Smart money says that there will be a deal soon, but it may or may not be by the Monday deadline set by President Trump. The smart money also bets that the Mexican government will step up and act in an effort to please the Trump Administration so as to avoid impacting their own economy. Stay tuned.
What is certain is that there is danger, death, and drugs crossing into the U.S. Migrants are among those being harmed. As someone who came to the U.S. legally, its unjust and dangerous to let people not vetted walk into the country.
Our Related Reports covers the background facts in more details, including the various ways this directly impacts manufactured housing.
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.