Tonight’s report will be a bit different than normal. Our format will be the same, but when you get to tonight’s featured focus report, think back a little over a year when Cavco Industries made their last bombshell announcement that sent their stock south.
Regular readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Newsy, Peeling Back Media Bias, Manufactured Housing Sales, Investing, Politics, and You
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- A warning from Carl Icahn – Billionaire activist investor Carl Icahn attends the Leveraged Finance Fights Melanoma charity event in New York, U.S., on Tuesday, May 19, 2015. Lyft Inc. is worth more than its recent $2 billion valuation, based on the $50 billion value of larger car-hailing rival Uber Technologies Inc., Icahn said, after he led a fundraising round at Lyft last week.
- The investor says it’s ‘extremely dangerous’ to own shares in the oil giant he owns a big stake in
- How the biggest store credit card company is surviving the retail apocalypse
- America’s largest milk producer, Dean Foods, files for bankruptcy as sales tumble
- Here’s what one of Apple’s first investors thinks went wrong at WeWork
- Adidas is closing sneaker factories in the US and Germany
- Richard Branson apologizes after tweeting photo full of white people to announce a South African project
- Former HBO chief Richard Plepler in talks for production deal at Apple
- Anonymous anti-Trump book is already a hit and it’s not even out yet
- This app will take your Instagram Stories to the next level
- Startup raises $51 million to take on retirement industry
- Supreme Court allows Sandy Hook families to sue gun maker
- JetBlue is rolling out cheaper fares. But there’s a catch
- Apple Card is accused of gender bias. Here’s how that can happen
- HOW DISNEY+ STACKS UP – Opinion: Disney+ looks irresistible. Here’s what it’s missing
- Review: Disney’s streaming service is a lot like Netflix, with a few twists
- Disney+ launches, then crashes
- A side-by-side comparison of streaming services
- What you should know about the new wave in streaming
- VAPING BACKLASH – Packages of Juul mint flavored e-cigarettes are displayed at San Rafael Smokeshop on November 07, 2019 in San Rafael, California. Juul, a leading e-cigarette company, announced that it is halting sales of their popular mint flavor e-cigarette after the release of two studies that showed a surge in teen use
- Juul is laying off 650 people in a $1 billion cost-cutting plan
- Altria to take $4.5 billion writedown on Juul
- A new, non-vaping, non-smoking way to get nicotine has come to America
- Juul stops all advertising as vaping crisis escalates
- Big Tobacco survived a crackdown. So can e-cigarettes
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- Trump to tour factory in this state with his favorite tech CEO – The trip, which has not yet been announced, would highlight Cook’s strong relationship with Trump as he seeks further relief for Apple from U.S. tariffs on imports from China.
- More moans than ‘Moana’: Experts reveal worst problem amid messy Disney+ launch
- Certainly looks like Colin Kaepernick may be making NFL comeback
- Why the economies of these four states could decide the 2020 election
- Nasdaq hits new high while Dow, S&P rally as Trump applauds economy
- What liberals don’t get about private equity, and why their ‘solution’s will backfire
- Democrats blast Trump administration over aid payments to US farmers
- Legendary hockey analyst doubles down on comments that got him fired
- Trump may slash middle-class taxes by this much
- Not so jolly: Store slammed as Grinch for charging this much to see Santa
- ‘I thought I got shot’: How Sarah Palin learned her husband wanted divorce
- ‘Days of Our Lives’ may be numbered as NBC reportedly makes big change
- SEE PICS: Kim Kardashian adds pasties, body tape to shapewear line
- Lawsuit makes bombshell claim about deadly California festival shooting
- VIDEO: MMA fighter floors anti-Trump protester in bloody scuffle
- Hilton promises to hire thousands of vets across the company
- Brooklyn Nets CEO ousted after only a few weeks
- Vacation hot spot wants ‘fugitive’ US banker arrested in luxe hotel slaying
- NRA reportedly made large payments to celebrities before receiving board approval
- The truth about how health plant-based meat alternatives are
- Marie Osmond reveals nasty injury ahead of big Las Vegas concert finale
- ‘McMuffin’ protests planned after cops detain rider for doing this on train platform
- Former Hearst CEO credits his success to his family’s values
- World’s wealthiest have amassed this much money in tax-sheltered accounts
- This just became priciest timepiece ever sold — here’s how much it costs
- TC Energy restarts Keystone oil pipeline at 20% pressure reduction: US regulator
- Trump reignites fiery Fed criticism, says putting US at ‘disadvantage’
- Pilot wins huge payout after arrest for being naked in his hotel
- Facebook is about to go head-to-head with Venmo, CashApp
- Trump’s US-Mexico trade deal faces final showdown in Congress
- Massive dairy company files for bankruptcy, plans to sell itself
- TC Energy restarts Keystone oil pipeline at 20% pressure reduction: US regulator
- Bloomberg puts his money where his mouth is
- Outrage mounts over Google’s health care data grab
- calls out PG&E — which gave $358K to his wife’s nonprofit
- Norwegian’s $1 billion cruise floats on strong US consumer
- Police chief killed by underling in booze-fueled fight, authorities say
- College newspaper issues ‘groveling’ apology to students for doing journalism
- Trump-Ukraine whistleblower asked for money, complaint alleges
- US dials back tariffs on some big-ticket items made in China
- Burger King gets kids to eat the ‘Impossible’
- NASCAR finalists rev up for ‘big payday’ in championship race
- Hong Kong’s ‘total breakdown’ could spread to US-China relations
- The best cruise lines for your money have arrived
- Supreme Court to allow Sandy Hook parents to sue gun maker Remington
- This grocery store is selling a $230 bottle of beer, here’s what it’s like
- Slashing ‘Baby Trump’ balloon was matter of good versus evil, man says
- ‘Jeopardy!’s Alex Trebek gets emotional after contestant’s message
- Disney Plus subscribers report connection problems on Day 1
- ‘My kid just woke up and @Disneyplus has crashed.’
- Amazon to open new grocery store different from Whole Foods, Amazon Go
- This city plans a major price hike on Uber and Lyft rides
- Warren’s wealth tax would slash billionaires’ fortunes over time
- Washington Redskins deny Jeff Bezos links amid Amazon CEO’s rumored NFL team interest
- Stephen Curry takes jab at Michael Jordan over Hall of Fame remark
- Huge news for fans of Chipotle’s newest meat option
- Trump aide makes a shocking prediction about the market after the trade deal
- Apple TV+ makes big shakeup just days after launch
- Golden State Warriors’ Stephen Curry expresses optimism about return after breaking hand
- PG&E wildfire victims face uncertain road to recovery
- Terry Bradshaw selling his 144-acre Oklahoma ranch. Take a look inside
- Mall of America wants control of empty Sears store
- This major airline reportedly flying planes nobody can verify are safe
- What you’ll be able to watch with Disney Plus subscription
- Budweiser maker pays a premium to dominate craft beer
- Medical sterilization gas may be causing cancer in local area, residents fear
- US nuclear reactor shut down after officials discover leak
- Ralph Lauren’s American dream: from rags to riches
- Vaping-related lung transplant performed at Detroit hospital
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics, and Investing Meet
Cavco’s Surprising Statement, In Context
MHProNews and our sister site have been busily preparing for a Request for Input on the GSEs proposed revised Duty to Serve comments. Here is how FHFA puts it from their page linked here.
There you will see this.
“FHFA has announced that it is requesting public input as part of the Agency’s consideration of proposed modifications to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s (the Enterprises) 2018-2020 Underserved Markets Plans under the Duty to Serve program. FHFA requests public input on the proposed modifications to the 2018-2020 Underserved Markets Plan by November 15, 2019 via the dedicated Duty to Serve page on FHFA’s website at www.FHFA.gov/DTS or via mail to FHFA, Division of Housing Mission and Goals, 400 Seventh Street, S.W., Seventh Floor, Washington, D.C. 20219”
Our publisher submitted the RFI letter tonight linked here, which is why this report is later than normal.
We will further unpack that in an upcoming report soon.
In the meantime, don’t miss what follows, because it all ties together.
Cavco, Sun, ELS Public Statements Point to Problems for MHI, Fannie, Freddie – Public Officials, Investor, Advocates, Professionals Alerts
Paltering, Manufactured Homes, CrossModTM Homes, Manufactured Housing Institute, Clayton Homes, Berkshire Hathaway Manufactured Home Lenders, DTS, and You
Trailer Houses to Mobile Homes, and Manufactured Housing in Historic, Political, Media, and Business Contexts – For Independent, Evidence-Minded Thinkers Only
Smaller, Independent Businesses, Property Ownership, Manufactured Housing Risks and Opportunities
Building Financial Slack, plus Sunday Manufactured Housing Headlines in Review, 11.2.2019 to 11.10.2019
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
Updated for Fall 2019…
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP each are suppliers to the manufactured housing industry, among others.
· AMG, CG, and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
For insights from third-parties and clients about our publisher, click here.
Enjoy these ‘blast from the past’ comments.
Celebrating 10 Years of Goal- and Solution-Oriented Manufactured Home Industry Innovation Information, and Inspiration for Industry Professionals
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.