That source also noted that “2020 began with just 2 million on jobless claims…”
During a period when labor is available in abundance, some of the e-commerce and retail giants are bringing online more robotics and more artificial intelligence (AI) to complement their efforts.
MHProNews has for some years has amplified concerns by those who do not agree that this shift to robotics and AI will be like past industrial revolution or other ‘advancements’ where displaced workers can learn other tasks. Realistically, how many programmers or other robotics supporting workers be needed?
That noted, here is what CNBC said tonight about the trend.
How robots are helping e-commerce meet demand
CNBC’s Frank Holland take on the use of robots and artificial intelligence to help meet the demand in online shopping is reflected in the video above.
Against that backdrop, let us pivot to the next part of our headline on the surge of billionaire wealth in the era of the Wuhan China Virus.
Newcomer? As usual, the featured focus will follow the left-right headlines, and two of our three market summary graphics at the closing bell. The manufactured home industry connected stocks-at-a-glance graphic information follows the featured focus and related reports.
Quotes That Shed Light – Industry, American, Social, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Under the hood
- FILE – In this June 3, 2019, file photo, Apple CEO Tim Cook speaks at the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference in San Jose, Calif. In a tweet Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2020, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said he once considered selling the electric car maker to Apple, but Cook blew off the meeting.
- These five patents offer hints about what an Apple car could look like
- Another 787,000 Americans filed a claim for jobless benefits last week
- These 20 states will raise their minimum wage by January 1
- These businesses and industries were the surprise winners of 2020
- JCPenney’s CEO is out after two years of failure
- Hedge fund Alden Global seeks to buy Tribune Publishing
- The EU and China finalize major investment deal despite US concerns
- Here’s what CNN readers plan to spend their stimulus checks on
- Tesco and Pizza Hut ‘shamed’ for not paying the UK minimum wage
- Watch Boston Dynamics robots dance to ‘Do you love me’
- Why the AstraZeneca vaccine is so important to the global economy
- Stelter: 14 stories to watch in 2021
- A view of Time Square ahead of New Year's Eve events on December 28, 2020 in New York City.
- What Times Square will look like after the pandemic
- A fuel pump nozzle in a vehicle gas tank in Pinole, California, U.S., on Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020. California will phase out sales of new, gasoline-powered cars by 2035 as part of its fight against climate change, Governor Gavin Newsom announced — the first state to set an expiration date for the traditional automobile. Photographer: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- US gas prices end the year near a pandemic-era high
- Pedestrians cross a street as snow falls in the near the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) in the Financial District of New York, U.S., on Thursday, Dec. 17, 2020. Winter Storm Gail pounded the city as temperatures dropped to 27 degrees with frigid sustained winds up to 35 mph, making dining outdoors unbearable amid the Covid-19 pandemic that has already crippled the restaurant industry.
- Markets started 2020 riding high, and they’ll end even higher
- RETAIL IN FLUX
- Store closing signs hang in the window of a Pier 1 imports store on February 18, 2020 in Chicago, Illinois. The struggling retailer announced today that it had filed for bankruptcy and was closing 450 stores.
- These are the stores that filed for bankruptcy in 2020
- Walmart tries to fix online shopping’s biggest problem
- Sears is dying a quiet, invisible death
- Small toy stores worry they won’t stay in business
- See who’s moving into those sad, abandoned malls
- YEAR IN REVIEW
- The auto industry actually saw some bright spots in 2020
- See 2020’s most viral TikToks
- A sad list of all the tech we barely touched in 2020
- Here’s what people Googled this year
- Here’s how the pandemic has changed work forever
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- 27 GOP Pa. Lawmakers Urge McConnell to Contest Electors on Jan. 6
- Election 2020
- Perdue in COVID Quarantine Just Days Before Runoff
- Graham Doubtful Hawley’s Objection to Electors Will Succeed
- Georgia’s Early Voting Numbers Have GOP Concerned
- Fleischmann: COVID Bill a ‘Political Football’ With Georgia Looming
- Outside Youth Groups Pushing Voter Turnout in Georgia
- Jon Ossoff: Sen. Loeffler Campaigning With ‘Klansman’
- Hice to Newsmax TV: President Trump Will Rally Georgia Voters
- Georgia Governor Pushes Back on Trump’s Call for Resignation
- GOP’s Hawley Says He Will Reject Biden Electors on Jan. 6
- The Trump Presidency
- In Late Trump Salvo, US Rejects UN Budget over Israel, Iran
- McConnell Again Thwarts Vote for $2K Relief Checks Demanded by Trump
- US to Move Aircraft Carrier Out of Mideast Amid Iran Tension
- Navarro: Beijing Will Not Honor EU, China Deal
- Pompeo Calls for Immediate Release of Sentenced HK Activists
- Graham: Next Congress Should Vote Solely on $2K Checks
- Trump to Declassify Intel China Paid for Attacks on US Soldiers
- UN: Blackwater Pardons Violate Geneva Convention
- US Hits Highest Daily Death Toll as Virus Cases Surge
- The US logged its highest ever daily death toll from the coronavirus Wednesday as the world prepares to turn the page on a grim year defined by the pandemic, with much of the globe united in one hope for 2021: that a slew of new vaccines will stamp out Covid-19.New Year’s…
- Giroir: Administration Needs to Do Better Getting Vaccines Out
- Coronavirus Outbreak Infects 145 at Washington State Costco
- New Forecast Predicts 80,000 Americans Could Die of COVID-19 in the Next 3 Weeks
- 42 People in West Virginia Received Antibody Instead of COVID Vaccine
- Perdue in COVID Quarantine Just Days Before Runoff
- Michael Savage Wraps Up Last Radio Show, Moving to Podcast
- Conservative radio talk show host Michael Savage wrapped up 26 years
- Ohio Governor: 60 Percent of Nursing Home Staff Refusing Vaccine
- Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine has warned that more than half of employees
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Zero Hedge also spotlighted a recent graphic from Visual Capitalist, but also provided a different one along with data that underscores data and reporting that MHProNews and our MHLivingNews sister site have reported on in 2020.
Billionaire Net Worth Growth in 2020
Between March’s market bottom and December 2020, the billionaires included on this list grew their wealth by 57% on average. Interestingly, that’s about 10 percentage points higher than the overall growth of the S&P 500 index during the same time period.
Billionaire Wealth in General is Up
It’s not just the billionaires on this list that have increased their wealth. In fact, during the pandemic, billionaire wealth on average has increased 27% worldwide. Growth has been exceptionally strong in tech and healthcare. These issues have been, as was noted above, reported on several times by MHProNews and MHLivingNews, while there is a deafening silence from others in manufactured housing trade publishing.
To learn how to #StopTheSteal, see the report linked below, which has gained momentum with the inclusion of Senator Josh Hawley (MO-R). Some sources indicate that some 140 lawmakers are onboard, and the number is expected to continue to grow.
— Tracy Beanz (@tracybeanz) December 31, 2020
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.