Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight. A Psy-Op or psyop is defined by left-leaning Wikipedia as follows. “Psychological operations (PSYOP) are operations to convey selected information and indicators to audiences to influence their emotions, motives, and objective reasoning, and ultimately the behavior of governments, organizations, groups, and individuals.” Our nation and much of the world is in that terminology seemingly one grand set of overlapping psyops. If that seems too fantastic to believe – and if that contention is false – then the instincts against it are useful. But if that contention is true – meaning, if a range of overlapping psyops are at work in our nation and around the world – then the instinct to dismiss it as a conspiracy theory is useful to those who have deployed the various psyops.
“The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats” – flash back some years to that headline and related argument made in left-leaning Politico by billionaire Nick Hanauer. MHProNews wove that topic into the topic of how it relates to affordable manufactured housing. Using the principle of separating the wheat from the chaff, MHProNews agreed with parts, disagreed with others – but always based upon evidence, reason, historic insights and the ‘follow the money’ method used by serious investigators.
With relatively modest resources in a relatively small professional audience base, MHProNews has managed to generate millions of individual visits annually. Why is that so? The subjects for this week and the one mentioned above by Hanauer and how it relates to our profession provide clues.
Derriere kissers and brown nosers exist in every profession.
Thus, it is no surprise that sycophants and bootlickers exist in manufactured housing too. Whatever the powers that be say – the ‘yes men,’ toadies, and camp-followers will accept and regurgitate with great verve.
Not so on MHProNews. As with all things merely human, our approach has its pluses and minuses. The minus? By trying to sift the truth and present it in a methodical and meaningful fashion, some will get lost, some will curse the revelations, it takes more effort, and some will mock it because they have no meaningful or logical retort, etc. When one stubbles or arrives “over the target” and drops proverbial ordinance – then those exposing and attacking said target must expect flak!
On the other hand, when someone lays out facts in a step-by-step methodical fashion, shaking things up a bit here and there to keep things interesting while hopefully revealing new and relevant insights, several things can occur.
Among them? In no specific order of importance:
- Possible ties and connections are created between various disciplines which may not otherwise naturally exist.
- New audiences and readers are introduced to topics they may not normally consider.
- Good – or bad old – Google will sometimes reward those efforts with a steady stream of serious researchers. Some of those that find what is published relevant, and some will return for more.
Toadies and the amen echo chamber can become boring. Like it or not, the ‘follow the evidence’ and ‘follow the money’ approach we strive for in each report brings back even those who may curse what it is that you are publishing!
In this week’s headlines in review further below, are several topics that objective thinkers should quickly realize how they impact our profession. Let’s rephrase each of the topics, noting that in each instance MHProNews has selected an acknowledged expert or leader in that subject to build our report around. Why does that matter? Because that gives added credibility to the overall thesis of a given report. For example. My opinion on math is nearly meaningless because I’m not an expert in mathematics. However, MHProNews’ views on manufactured housing is very relevant. Why? Because after some 30 years in the profession, and with the demonstrably largest and most engaged audience of its kind in our industry, what publish on our sphere of interest matters. Then, when reaching beyond the specific borders of manufactured housing per se, for example, into COVID19 related topics, by citing other thinkers and experts while connected the dots to why and how that matters to our professional, a glue or magnetic relationship begins to take shape.
In no specific order of importance, in this week’s reviewed new or recent headlines we’ve done reports and analysis on the following.
- Energy related – think green, ‘climate change ’ (agree or disagree), and that potentially large audience. Energy related topics clearly impact affordability in manufactured homes.
- HUD – Housing and Urban Development (HUD) – housing is one of the basics of life: food, clothing, shelter, transportation, health, spirituality, etc. The direct connection to our affordable housing profession are many and to the wise, self-evident.
- Media – even those who do not directly seek to consume news daily are in fact routinely exposed to it. Radio, TV, social media, computers, and handheld devices connected to the internet routinely flash something that is ‘news,’ want it or not. The report by attorney turned award winning journalist Glen Greenwald is a literal case study in how fake news is created. Manufactured housing is arguably a routine victim of weaponized reporting. Does how mainstream media operates matter to our profession? As they say in Wisconsin, youbetcha.
- Health, COVID19, and “Built Back Better.” Let’s be direct for a moment. If someone from the political right said these same things as lifelong Democrat Robert F. Kennedy Jr has said, they would be dismissed by leftists as ‘right wing extremists’ and ‘conspiracy theorists.’ But with a Kennedy saying it, that is not quite so easy, is it? When someone carefully reads that report, it should accomplish several things. Among them, a realization that there are numerous points of common ground between concerned and thoughtful professionals across the left and the right. The ties and impacts to affordable housing and manufactured homes specifically are numerous.
- Two different but interconnected reports by Federal Reserve Researchers on HUD and manufactured housing spell outs what those various respected authors had to say about hot topics that explain in their view how our profession has been undermined. The reports are directly applicable to our profession. Thus, advocates, investors, professionals, people inside the Washington Beltway, and beyond should find their thoughts and our analysis highly relevant. No one else in MHVille has bothered to do what our exclusive reports and analysis have done. Why is that so?
- Mark Yost, President and CEO of Skyline Champion dumped millions of dollars worth of his firm (SKY) stocks. It is mind boggling that people who claim to be manufactured housing trade publishers or bloggers would ignore this development. Not only did MHProNews tackle it, but we provide insights that the original sources missed. The fact that Skyline-Champion, the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) leaders, and others might have an ‘over the target’ reaction to it is no surprise, is it? Speaking of MHI…
- Manufactured Housing Institute “data” is examined and found errant and purportedly wanting in several respects. A new initiative has been launched in response. That report and others that connect are also found only here on MHProNews.
- Focused Protection – COVID19 handling as viewed by thousands of medical and health professionals around the world. MHI’s home page has for nearly a year had a COVID19 resource page that might as well be a link to the CDC. Do they bother to question the official party line? By contrast, over 50,000 health, medical, and various experts in the U.S. and world-wide have questioned what the system’s party line has put forth. Do you think the thoughts of those 50,000 are worth a few minutes of reading? Has COVID19 impacted your profession and life?
- Kevin Clayton’s Personal Appearance at a City Planning Meeting. It is arguably a laugh out loud revelation. Our report has purportedly sparked an almost immediate reaction which may be unpacked in a future report by MHProNews. ICYMI, see that report and others, all linked below.
There are those who look askance, try to mock, dismiss, or otherwise seek to undermine the most-pro industry, most identify the problems and point out the solutions websites in all of manufactured housing that are connected to MHProNews or are referenced by us. It is noteworthy that those others will not directly engage in a sustained public discussion on industry performance and accountability.
Thousands of industry professionals have lost their livelihoods in the past 2 decades. How is that possible during an affordable housing crisis?
Millions of Americans – many of whom are minorities – have arguably been exploited by the powers that be in our profession and those seemingly colluding with them building that oligarchy that Hanauer warned could end in pitchforks.
Those plutocrats and oligarchs – and Hanauer places himself in that camp – were arguably well aware of the risks to their scheme to monopolize America in a slow, steady and sustained way. If that sounds conspiratorial, better read those two reports below by those Federal Reserve researchers! Because they are making parallel arguments – based on what they say is years of research and evidence.
In a sharp elbows world, you better develop thick skin if you dare try to do reports and analysis that connect the dots and expose those who have undermined the American Dream.
Don’t miss our postscript that follows this week’s headlines.
With no further adieu, let’s begin this weekly review of the headlines and subjects from the week that was 3.14 to 3.21.2021.
What is New and Recent Reports on Mobile and Manufactured Home Living News (MHLivingNews)
What is Latest on the Masthead
What is Latest from Washington, D.C. from MHARR
What is New on the Daily Business News on MHProNews
Postscript – The Road Less Traveled
“Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.’
That reading is per the Poetry Foundation on poet Robert Frost’s The Road Not Taken.
Some years ago M. Scott Peck authored the book, the Road Less Traveled and The Road Less Traveled, Timeless Edition: A New Psychology of Love, Traditional Values and Spiritual Growth. As often happens, Peck’s work was for a time widely hailed. Then, as time passed, Peck’s work faded under the daily dump of the new and different.
Life is holistic. Some think that taking on thorny problems reflects some dark motivate. Hardly. It is an act of mercy and affection for this profession that this writer has long loved.
If there is anything to be learned by what has occurred in the last 12 months it is just how rigged the system is in America and beyond. Those “plutocrats and oligarchs” that Hanauer ‘warned’ are routinely hiding behind walled compounds or gated neighborhoods. They have their own private security. They often fly on their own planes. Their kids go to private schools. They have separated themselves from the negative consequences of their actions and schemes.
Warren Buffett is arguably a master at what the Capital Research Center has dubbed “deception and misdirection.”
From the March 2021 Magnificat is this Scripture reading for today.
“A reading from
the Book of the Prophet Jeremiah 31:31-34
The days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they broke my covenant, and I had to show myself their master, says the Lord…I will be their God, and they shall be my people…All, from least to greatest, shall know me, says the Lord, for I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sin no more. ”
There is both a benefit and a risk to sharing a Biblical reading. The benefits are obvious. God’s sacred and inspired Word is proclaimed. The risk is that a passage might be taken as if it is the only thing that the Bible has said on a particular topic(s). The Bible, like life itself, is holistic.
There are those who from early in humanity’s history have aligned themselves with darkness over light. They have done so deliberately. Perhaps at first they may have been ‘seduced’ by whatever allure. But later, they make a conscious choice to stay on the path that they are on.
The most fundamental test for the truth or value of an issue is if it is in keeping with the Divine plan or not. Something that demonstrably violates the 10 commandments, for example, should be avoided. That noted, unfortunately some obvious violations of God’s law have been normalized or even legalized. Here ‘legalized’ is taken in the sense of man’s law, not God’s law. God’s law is always supreme. There are times when humanity is in a significant state of rebellion. What happens? Every time, there are consequences. As we saw above, “for they broke my covenant, and I had to show myself their master, says the Lord.”
In mercy, God forgives and redeems from the slavery of sin, which is the land of bondage (i.e.: Egypt). Humans often go through ebbs and flows of greater or lesser degrees of fidelity and infidelity. We are now arguably in a period of increased infidelity. Is it any wonder that America and much of the world are in a mess?
Those peddling deception, psyops, and various spin or lies seem to be ascendant. But God is never really mocked. The conclusion is already written.
With monopolies, the answer is actually simple once the problems are understood. Break them up and fully enforce all relevant laws, antitrust, RICO, whatever. Punish the guilty. Free those in bondage. Enforce the law. All of God’s laws are by definition just and good. All of humanity’s laws should be viewed through the lens of the Divine and that should be fixed or implemented accordingly.
The powers that be seem to be ascendant. But when enough people of good will have their belly full, then the tide will turn.
Our thanks to you, our sources, and sponsors for making and keeping us the runaway number one source for authentic “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing.
For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com.
This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.
Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach
The text/image boxes below are linked to other reports, which can be accessed by clicking on them.