Unlike the National Association of Realtors (NAR), the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA), or the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR), the Arlington, VA based Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) makes getting accurate and reliable information about HUD Code Manufactured Homes difficult at best.
Several items that should be easy to learn about the manufactured housing industry are arguably difficult or impossible for the general public to locate on the MHI website. Again, fresh evidence for that claim is linked here, here, and here.
There are plenty of possible motives for MHI staff and their corporate masters for obscuring or avoiding the publication of information that have been explored. But whatever the motives of, it nevertheless is a void that merits filling.
Since MHI is not filling the void in data and research, a new professional researcher’s resource is being announced. That announcement will be the featured focus for this evening.
Before pressing on to tonight’s featured focus and for the benefit our growing numbers of new readers, a few quick evening/nightly market report insights.
- Every business evening, MHProNews provides a bullet list of left-right news headlines from CNN and Newsmax. In a matter of moments, savvy professionals can see at a glance news headlines and views across the political spectrum.
- This is a time saving and insightful way to quickly grab insights from across the left-right divide for those who are hooked on this market-nightly feature.
- Our featured focus follows the quotable quotes, periodic political cartoons, those left-right headlines, and two of our three market summary graphics as reported at the closing bell.
- After the featured focus, are some recent/related report links and the third manufactured housing focused stock equities graphic. There are some additional items that include the free signup for the manufactured housing industry’s x2 weekly emailed news to the most-read trade publication in our profession:
In a quick segue before pressing ahead, the following from yesterday’s report on Mark Yost, CEO of Skyline Champion insider sale of millions of shares of SKY stocks. While the MH stocks did largely decline, Skyline is supposedly “undervalued” per analysists. Still, their stock dropped sharply today.
On a mostly down day for manufactured home connected equities, let’s press ahead toward the focus on a new resource for manufactured housing industry data to fill the void that MHI apparently has opted to leave.
Quotes That Shed Light – Industry, American, Social, National Issues
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- ‘Inhumane’ treatment
- Goldman Sachs Group Inc. headquarters in New York, U.S., on Friday, March 5, 2021. Three days after new Citigroup Inc. Chief Executive Officer Jane Fraser outlined a net-zero greenhouse-gas emissions target, Goldman Sachs Group Inc. CEO David Solomon is following suit.
- Goldman Sachs analysts say they work 95-hour weeks and endure workplace abuse
- Treasury yields rise to a new high, spooking the stock market
- Peloton warns owners to keep kids away from their treadmills after a child dies
- This quirky discount chain wants to open 180 new stores this year
- Google doubles down on office space despite the rise in remote work
- To save the planet, Tide wants you to quit using warm water for laundry
- Mortgage rates rise again, making refinancing less attractive for many homeowners
- It’s been a year. Here’s what your home office should look like
- NFL gives Amazon exclusive Thursday Night Football games
- Teen Vogue’s new editor out of a job after backlash over old tweets
- Headlines lacking context exploited by anti-vaccine activists to wrongly suggest danger, study finds
- Analysis: Voter suppression is the story that affects every other story
- Content by LendingTree
- 2 minutes could save over $40K on your refi
- ATLANTA, GA – MARCH 17: Mourners visit and leave flowers at the site of two shootings at spas across the street from one another, in memorial for the lives lost, on March 17, 2021 in Atlanta, Georgia. Suspect Robert Aaron Long, 21, was arrested after a series of shootings at three Atlanta-area spas left eight people dead on Tuesday night, including six Asian women.
- ‘No one was listening.’ Asian business owners react to Atlanta spa shootings
- Kanye West attends the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party hosted by Radhika Jones at Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on February 09, 2020 in Beverly Hills, California.
- Kanye West is reportedly worth $6.6 billion
- LOS ANGELES, CA – JANUARY 30: Bob Tanenbaum fills out his vaccination card at Dodger Stadium on January 30, 2021 in Los Angeles, California. As California lifted regional stay-at-home orders, easing restrictions on business during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Dodger Stadium’s mass COVID-19 vaccination site was temporarily shut down after protesters stood in front of the entrance causing a pause in vaccinations.
- Seriously, stop sharing your vaccine cards on social media
- Opensea is the largest NFT marketplace. Non fungible tokens are unique tokens or digital assets that generate value because of their uniqueness.
- What is an NFT? Non-fungible tokens explained
- Charmin unveiled its own NFTs
- We bought an NFT. Here’s what we learned
- Bitcoin tops the $60,000 mark
- Everything you need to know about bitcoin
- ELECTRIC CAR BATTLES
- BMW unveils a new electric car, but isn’t counting out gas engines yet
- Volkswagen could soon steal Tesla’s crown
- $100,000 Grand Wagoneer takes on Mercedes and BMW
- VW and GM take on Tesla with new electric SUVs
- Canoo unveils what might be the world’s cutest electric pickup
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Illegal Immigration Bill Stalls in Senate Amid Border Crisis
- The sheer number of illegal immigrants streaming across the southern border may end up dooming any hope the group had of quickly gaining legal status in the United States as the issue becomes more politically dangerous.
- The Biden Presidency
- Biden and Harris to Focus on Shootings During Georgia Trip
- Mexico to Tighten Borders Against COVID-19 as US Offers Vaccine Help
- Becerra Confirmed as Biden’s Health Secretary
- Durbin: Border ‘Challenge’ Must Not ‘Be Underestimated’
- Russia: Biden Must Apologize for Putin ‘Killer’ Claim
- Report: China to Seek US Rollback of Trump Restrictions
- Russia Recalls Envoy After Biden Agrees Putin’s a ‘Killer’
- Spring Forecast: Nasty Drought Worsens Across US
- With nearly two-thirds of the United States abnormally dry or worse, the government’s spring forecast offers little hope for relief, especially in the West where a devastating megadrought has taken root and worsened. Weather service and agriculture officials warned of…
- Pompeo: Back and Forth Between Putin, Biden ‘a Bit Childish’
- The back and forth between Russia and the United States after
- Survey Shows Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas Most Popular Among GOP
- S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is the most popular jurist
- Where Christians Are Most Persecuted
- Christian persecution has been on the rise worldwide in recent years.
- Pompeo Optimistic on Biden’s China Sanctions; Actions Matter Over Words
- The Biden administration’s sanctions against an additional 24 Chinese
- Asian Americans ‘Screaming Out for Help’ as Abuse Surges: Congressional Hearing
- Lawmakers, professors and actor Daniel Dae Kim said
- Study: COVID Reinfection Rare, More Common Over 65
- Surviving COVID-19 protects most people against reinfection for at
- Fauci: States That Reopen Too Soon Creating Virus Surge Risk
- Biden Plans to Send COVID Shots to Mexico, Canada
- Report: Trump’s Net Worth Fell by $700M
- Former President Donald Trump’s net worth reportedly decreased by
- New York Nursing Home Officials ‘Petrified’ by Cuomo Order to Accept COVID Patients
- A Staten Island, New York, nursing home administrator says he and
- Appeals Court Reinstates Conviction of a Michael Flynn Business Partner
- A federal appeals court on Thursday reinstated the conviction of a
- Sharon Osbourne’s Future With ‘The Talk’ Uncertain
- Putin to Biden on Killer Insult: ‘It Takes One to Know One’
- Dan Bongino to Take Over Rush Limbaugh Time Slot
- Dan Bonginos new radio show will fill the late Rush Limbaugh time
- Report: China to Seek US Rollback of Trump Restrictions
- Beijing reportedly plans to seek reversal of many of the Trump
- John Kerry Flies First Class Without Mask
- Biden administration “Special Presidential Envoy for Climate” John
- 6 Commission Stalled by Partisan Dissension
- Legislation creating an independent, bipartisan panel to investigate
- PRO Act Boosts Unions, Not Workers
- Democrats tout the union-backed Protecting the Right to Organize or
- Cuomo Accuser’s Attorney Rips Choice of Law Firm to Investigate Claims
- A lawyer for one of the women accusing New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo
- Russia Extends House Arrest of Kremlin Critic Navalny’s Spokeswoman
- A Russian court on Thursday ordered Kira Yarmysh, the spokeswoman for
- Nonpartisan Group Ranks Rubio as Most Effective GOP Senator
- Google Pledges $7B Investment to Create US Jobs
- House Passes Bill Awarding Congressional Gold Medals to Law Enforcement
- States Sue Biden to Revive Keystone XL Pipeline
- US Jobless Claims Rise to 770,000, Layoffs Still High
- US Subpoenas Chinese Communication Firms in National Security Probe
- Fed’s Powell Faces Political Test on Bank Capital Relief Question
- Will Work from Home Outlast Virus? Ford’s Move Suggests Yes
- Slow Walkers 4 Times More Likely to Die From COVID-19, Study Shows
- Pick up the pace if you want to reduce your risk of COVID-19 and its complications. Walking at a snail’s pace may increase your risk of contracting and dying from COVID-19, says a new study, whether you are at a normal weight or obese…
- Study: Fish Oil, Vitamin D Don’t Prevent A-Fib
- Study: Poor Health Habits in 20s Increase Risk of Mental Decline
- Mobile Stroke Units Saving Lives
- Kids’ ER Visits for Swallowed Magnets Soared After US Lifted Ban on Sale
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
MHProNews pays attention to feedback as well as tips provide by a range of sources that includes, but is not limited to, those inside manufactured housing. While MHProNews has long provided monthly economic data, about half-way through the month, after that the data is no longer apparent on the MHProNews home page. Additionally, a search for such data may not automatically produce the result that someone new to the industry or otherwise searching for information seeks.
Thus, starting today, a new resource is being provided by MHProNews. It can be spotted on the update home page menu, as is shown below.
At a minimum, it will give those researchers from inside or outside of the manufactured housing industry seeking reliable data a place to go.
Additionally, it may also cause MHI to do what they claim to do, as competition is a good thing. After making the point several times that other trade groups named above provide such information free, that has not caused MHI to do the same.
Clicking on this link takes someone to a member login. This is found on the home page. There are some items that MHI makes available to the public, but they often require multiple clicks to access. The more clicks needed, the less likely the information is found.
If MHI continue to fail at their stated mission, as numerous professionals have stated, there are numerous possible consequences.
MHProNews and our sister site plan additional resources to fill the gaps in the days ahead. Stay tuned to the runaway largest, most read and arguably most dependable source for independent manufactured housing “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” ©
Related, Recent, and ‘Read-Hot’ Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.