However, in recent months, the Arlington, VA based MHI has for whatever reason apparently stopped providing such information to their email readers. Further, to access certain portions of manufactured home industry data, one must be a member and login.
By contrast, the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) has provided their monthly report via email and on their website free to all who wish for years.
That is not only a MHARR vs. MHI comparison.
- The National Association of Realtors (NAR),
- The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB),
- or the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) provides that information publicly too.
So, what is up at MHI? After repeated requests, they will not say.
That this should matter to investors, professionals, public officials, or other advocates and researchers should be self-evident.
Tonight’s featured focus is some data that is found on MHI’s website, if you know where to look for it. It may shed light on why MHI – which not so long ago was claiming “momentum” – is playing ‘hide the ball’ on industry data; or for that matter, other issues.
Before pressing on to tonight’s featured focus and for the benefit our growing numbers of new readers, a few quick evening/nightly market report insights.
- Every business evening, MHProNews provides a bullet list of left-right news headlines from CNN and in a matter of moments, savvy professionals can see at a glance news headlines and views across the political spectrum.
- This is a time saving and insightful way to quickly grab insights from across the left-right divide for those who are hooked on this market-nightly feature.
- Our featured focus follows the quotable quotes, periodic political cartoons, those left-right headlines, and two of our three market summary graphics as reported at the closing bell.
- After the featured focus, are some recent/related report links and the third manufactured housing focused stock equities graphic. There are some additional items that include the free signup for the manufactured housing industry’s x2 weekly emailed news to the most-read trade publication in our profession:
On a day that saw manufactured home connected equities with mixed results, let’s press ahead toward the focus on insights from recently updated data from MHI and what they should tell industry investors, professionals, and others..
Quotes That Shed Light – Industry, American, Social, National Issues
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Upbeat forecast
- WASHINGTON, DC – MARCH 12: President Joe Biden walks out with Vice President Kamala Harris, Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer of N.Y., and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of Calif., to deliver remarks on the American Rescue Plan in the Rose Garden at the White House on Friday, March 12, 2021 in Washington, DC.
- Biden’s stimulus will keep America’s economy humming for years, Goldman Sachs predicts
- Wall Street is already eyeing Biden’s next trillion-dollar spending plan
- This startup is giving customers early access to billions in stimulus checks
- Prices will rise because of stimulus, but that won’t last, Janet Yellen says
- Investing’s newest superstar is having a rough month
- US airline stocks rise on hopes for a travel rebound
- Here’s what Covid vaccines are worth to Big Pharma
- Opinion: How to stop the wage gap between White and Black workers from getting worse
- New Walgeens leader becomes only Black female CEO in Fortune 500
- We bought an NFT. Here’s what we learned
- Toys ‘R’ Us has been sold … again
- Elon Musk is now ‘Technoking’ of Tesla. Seriously
- Volkswagen is going huge in batteries to slash the price of electric cars
- Stelter: Tucker Carlson is the new Donald Trump
- A pedestrian wearing a protective mask walks past Stripe Inc. headquarters in San Francisco, California, U.S., on Thursday, Dec. 3, 2020. Stripe will team up with some of the world's largest banks to offer checking accounts to businesses that sell their wares on e-commerce platforms such as Shopify Inc.
- The most valuable startup in America is worth more than SpaceX
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado RST
- Some GM truck owners will pay more at the pump because of a computer chip shortage
- Remote work has unlocked a new way of life for many people. Now some don’t want to return to the office
- FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT
- Everything you need to know about filing taxes this year
- Your common tax questions, answered
- How to check the status of your tax return
- What will my take-home pay be?
- If you received unemployment last year, you could be in for a surprise at tax time
- ONE YEAR LATER
- How this year of working on Zoom has affected your brain
- The pandemic forced a massive remote-work experiment
- How the pandemic changed our spending habits
- The rise of the fake commute
- Covid gutted many people financially, but others are doing better than ever
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Biden Slams Trump COVID Relief, Vows Program Won’t Be a ‘Free-for-All’ on His Watch
- Gene Sperling, a longtime Democrat economic policy expert who served as director of the National Economic Council under Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, will oversee spending from the $1.9 trillion relief plan that Biden signed into law last week.
- The Biden Presidency
- WH Has Reached Out to North Korea, Received No Response
- Biden Plans First Major Federal Tax Hike Since 1993
- McCarthy at the Border: If Biden Won’t Act, Republicans Will
- Greg Steube: Biden ‘100 Percent’ Behind Border Numbers
- Tom Homan: Biden Campaign ‘Planned’ Border Crisis
- Kushner Praises Biden’s Tactics on Iran
- Illinois Dems Hit FEMA Ops at Mass Vaccination Site
- GOP State AGs Battle Biden’s Immigration Rollbacks
- Cotton: FEMA Deployment Acknowledges ‘Disaster’
- Cuomo’s Approval Sinks to Lowest Ever Amid Harassment Scandal
- Half of New York voters say Governor Andrew Cuomo shouldn’t resign after more than a half-dozen claims of sexual harassment, but only a third believe he should seek a fourth term, according to a poll released Monday…
- Prison Guards Refusing Vaccine Despite COVID-19 Outbreaks
- A Florida correctional officer polled his colleagues earlier this
- AstraZeneca Shot’s European Suspensions Could Delay Vaccination Goal
- Fauci: US Weighs 3-Foot Distancing Rule, a Major Change
- AstraZeneca Finds No Evidence of Increased Blood Clot Risk From Vaccine
- Hutchinson Concerned About Partisan Vaccine Acceptance in Arkansas
- Fauci Says Trump Could End Republicans’ Vaccine Hesitancy
- Fewer Smokers Quitting During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Biden’s Immigration Plan Does Nothing to Curb Illegals
- Wash Post Admits It Misquoted Trump Election Audit Call
- A controversial December phone call between then-President Donald
- FBI: Nashville Bomber Driven by Conspiracies, Paranoia, Not Ideology
- Illinois Dems Hit Biden Admin Over ‘Equitable’ Vaccine Rollout
- Pelosi Blames Trump for ‘Humanitarian Challenge’ at Border
- Trump Makes Surprise Appearance at Sarah Sanders Campaign Event
- Vatican Bans Blessing Gay Unions: God ‘Cannot Bless Sin’
- Nearly 25% of House Members Still Unvaccinated for COVID-19
- GOP State Attorneys General Battle Biden’s Immigration Rollbacks
- Iran Reveals ‘Missile City’ Revolutionary Guards Base
- Iran released images and film footage on Monday of what it said was a
- Facebook Labeling All Posts About COVID-19 Vaccines
- Biden Declines to Call for Cuomo to Resign
- These Are the Most Important Races for GOP in 2022
- The 2022 elections are crucial for the Republican party
- Judge in George Floyd Death Trial: City’s Timing in $27M Settlement ‘Unfortunate’
- The judge in the trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis
- Microsoft Could Reap Over $150M in New US Cyber Spending
- Microsoft stands to receive nearly a quarter of COVID relief funds destined for U.S. cybersecurity defenders, sources told Reuters, angering some lawmakers who don’t want to increase funding for a company whose software…
- Amazon Care Prepares to Launch Nationally
- Blackstone, Starwood to Buy Hotel Operator for $6 Billion
- Biden Plans First Major Federal Tax Hike Since 1993
- Stripe Raises $600 Million, Valuing Company at $95 Billion
- Researchers: People Who Have Had COVID-19 Need Just One Shot
- Researchers: People Who Have Had COVID-19 Need Just One Shot
- A growing number of researchers agree that people who have already had COVID-19 need only one shot of the two-dose Moderna or Pfizer vaccines for sufficient protection. Giving these people a second dose would be a waste…
- Aspirin May Protect Against COVID-19, Israeli Research Suggests
- Study Discovered Why Assistance Dogs Should be Allowed in Hospital
- Tai Chi Benefits for COPD
- Common Household Products Tied to Premature Births
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
To dot the i and cross the t on some of the comparisons noted above, the NAR presents their data as regular as proverbial rain on the plain in Spain.
NAR releases national and regional existing-home sales price and volume statistics on or about the 25th of each month. Each report includes data for 12 months and annual totals going back three years. Reports are available for existing single-family homes, condos, and co-ops. Both median and average prices are included.
RVIA’s recap currently looks like this.
By contrast, MHARR correctly reported that manufactured housing has declined 2 years in a row.
MHI used to present a report that looked like the one below. But in recent months, that report was quietly dropped. Will they revive it now that this spotlight is being shined?
That said, MHI did update this PDF. However, it should be noted that in recent years, their information is arguably skewed. How so? See below.
The final column reflects “MH as % of New Single Family Homes Sold.” They use this in other reports and illustrations that they provide. But this is arguably misleading for this reason. A significant percent of manufactured homes are sent to land-lease communities. While some are sold, many are there to be rented out. Publicly traded firms make that point clear, even if MHI fails to clarify what those data points are.
What is certain is that unlike the bulk of “New, Single Family Site Built Homes Sold” those new manufactured homes (MH) include ‘sales’ to communities. Those are wholesale transactions for rental purposes.
It is arguably one more problematic point connected to MHI’s posturing vs. reality. While RVs, conventional housing, and resales on existing homes are soaring, manufactured homes are snoring. Since MHI claims the mantle of leadership, they have only themselves to look to for who is to blame.
See the related reports to learn more.
Related, Recent, and ‘Read-Hot’ Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.