Happy talk is easier to listen to than serious or sobering words. There are ‘hawks’ that continue to sound warnings about China. Steve Bannon says he is one of them. It is a message not often heard in the U.S., and this one was carried by left-of-center CNBC.
While others talk about ‘Russia,’ Bannon says the Russians are “a side show.” The existential threat – including on trade – per Bannon is with Communist China and their hybrid economic and military model. On a day where the major markets and more MH track stocks slip than rose, former Trump Campaign and White House advisor Bannon’s comments on China – as trade talks drag on – are our focus for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- ‘The men I trained made more than me’
- What happened when these women found out what their male colleagues made
- The future of the American economy is Hispanic and female
- US auto plants would shut down within a week if the border closes, economist says
- Get ready for a big drop in Tesla sales
- LIVE UPDATES Dow closes lower, dragged down by Walgreens
- First-quarter earnings will stink. Ignore them
- ANALYSIS The worst isn’t over for Walgreens
- In some new cars and e-scooters, it isn’t up to you how fast you drive
- Shell quits major US oil lobby over climate change
- Netflix is raising prices next month
- Goldman Sachs plans to hire more neurodiverse employees, including people on the autism spectrum
- GE bets on offshore wind as fossil fuels business stumbles
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ pre-sale creates long lines on Fandango and causes AMC site to crash
- Amazon is struggling to convince Prime members to go to Whole Foods. So it’s slashing prices
- Trump’s border shutdown would hit avocados, beer and cars
- Theranos whistleblowers launch tech ethics venture
- Theranos employees struggle to put scandal behind them
- HBO Theranos documentary goes inside the secretive, failed company
- Director calls disgraced Theranos founder ‘delusional’
- CHANGING TIMES AT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Goldman Sachs plans to hire more neurodiverse employees
- The bank says it must hire more women and minorities
- Employees told they can dress down at Goldman Sachs
- One of the world’s biggest investors breaks up with Goldman Sachs.
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Auto sales sluggish in 1Q at largest US carmakers
- Ford unveils new 2020 Escape that underpins sales turnaround strategy
- FAA training for Boeing 737 Max jet inspectors subject of Senate probe
- Lawmakers advance comprehensive retirement reform: What to know
- How much you need to be in the top 5% in every state
- Zion Williamson sneaker deal: Nike, Adidas bidding war could be biggest ever, exec says
- Alliance of American Football to suspend operations: Reports
- Kristaps Porzingis sponsors Adidas, BodyArmor laying low amid rape investigation
- Amazon to slash prices at Whole Foods starting Wednesday
- Rapper 50 Cent sells massive Connecticut mansion at 84% loss
- Here’s the catch for US customers opting for Samsung’s Galaxy S10 5G
- Google employees demand removal of conservative member from AI council
- Goldman Sachs to hire more people with autism, dyslexia and other disorders
- First ever West Point Mint-marked quarters released
- Opinion: Trump’s pick Stephen Moore just what the Fed (and economy) needs
- Bitcoin surges to its highest level since November
- ‘American Sniper’ wife says individualism, freedom are alive and well in US
- Border shutdown? How US consumers could be impacted
- Texas lawmaker: Illegal immigration at US-Mexico border creating ‘chaos’
- Border shutdown: Here’s how US economy could be impacted
- Investing in families now is a down payment in our nation’s future
- America’s community banks in danger of extinction due to credit union tax loophole
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Steve Bannon: China is a threat to the industrial democracy in the West.
As a reminder, Bannon and President Donald J. Trump parted ways some time back. It wasn’t pretty.
That noted, sometimes it is best to let a video interview just speak for itself. Bannon’s comments are often quite different than what others may be saying of late.
Former White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon was recently on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” and explains why he is looking to revive a cold war-era organization to take aim at China. His comments are drawing attention in Japan, Europe and elsewhere. It is worth a listen here in the U.S. too, as a balance for the more common ‘happy talk’ that is heard.
This report isn’t meant to reflect either way on the POTUS Trump-Bannon relationship. Remember, wheat and chaff with all people and all organizations. Some blasts from the past on the Trump-Bannon furry that is now history are linked below. So too is one report with a video from Gordon Chang, another voice that sounds the alarm about Beijing.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.