The signals from the Fed were promising. Jobs beat expectations. Optimism over trade deals, including with China, are improved. Despite months of naysayers talking about a looming ‘recession’ that seems unlikely anytime soon. It’s not that all is perfect, but much is better than expected or reported, so stocks rocked to set new records. That macro-economic outlook will be our featured focus this evening.
Regular readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Extreme greed reigns
- Investor confidence is being fueled by stocks at all-time highs and optimism about trade
- The Dow could hit a record high today
- Why January 2 will be UPS’ busiest day of the year
- Bank of America is raising its minimum wage in 2020 — a year earlier than expected
- Google workers pen open letter to company demanding climate action
- Apple pledges $2.5 billion to help solve California’s housing crisis
- Boeing’s Starliner capsule launches key test before first astronaut flight
- World’s most profitable company to IPO
- McDonald’s CEO is out for consensual relationship with employee
- Under Armour says US investigators are probing its accounting practices
- Papa John’s made the first change to its original crust in four decades
- New American Girl doll costs $5,000 and is covered in Swarovski crystals
- New Netflix special lets you skip the Trump jokes
- 5 things to know before you go to a job interview
- Facebook unveils new logo to help differentiate it from its other brands
- Microsoft tried giving its Japan workforce an extra day off. Productivity jumped 40%
- Justice Dept. is trying to ‘intimidate’ author of anonymous anti-Trump book, agents say
- Coal workers are ‘nervous and scared’ after Murray Energy bankruptcy
- Nuclear could be the clean energy source the world needs
- Renewable energy is booming. But it’s not growing fast enough to fight climate change
- America’s energy boom can’t stop oil prices from rising
- How the dirtiest power station in western Europe switched to renewable energy
- 5 things to know before you go to a job interview
- Tips for recovering from a bad job interview
- How to know what it’s really like to work at a company
- What to say in your thank you note
- The best way to answer one of the toughest interview questions
- I tried Apple’s AirPods Pro. Here’s what you need to know
- Watch Boeing’s Starliner spacecraft complete a critical test
- What is a recession?
- The new 760 Horsepower Ford Shelby GT500
- Ford Shelby GT500 is track ready but road friendly
- Life beyond Netflix: What you should know about the new wave in streaming
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- What would happen to your paycheck if Dems got the EU-style laws they want
- The U.S. could be moving toward European-style taxes — what does that mean for your bottom line?
- Trump-China trade optimism sends stocks to record highs
- EXCLUSIVE: Former McDonald’s leader reveals the real losers in the CEO’s scandal
- Top McDonald’s HR exec departs after CEO’s ouster
- McDonald’s CEO’s golden parachute revealed
- The one type of stock behind the market’s record-breaking run
- Why researchers are warning millions of Android users to check their phones
- Former Chick-fil-A VP: This is what makes great companies fall apart
- Comedian reveals how Hollywood reacts to a pro-Trump comic
- Warren, Sanders enter political fight against Amazon
- Commissioner of America’s largest police force steps down
- TD Ameritrade founder Joe Ricketts on the reality of millennial socialism
- Trump’s legal defense on tax returns goes down in flames in NY court
- Thank private equity for the return of Popeyes’ chicken sandwich
- Extreme saver who retired at 33 on how to raise kids on frugal lifestyle
- Krispy Kreme not happy as student rakes in huge profit from doughnuts
- Amazon makes a strategic move ahead of the holiday rush
- What Facebook’s new look reveals about the tech giant’s global ambitions
- SEE PICS: Boeing’s space capsule completes first major test flight
- Firm reportedly looking to increase stake in New York Knicks, New York Rangers
- Workweek with this many days boosts employees’ productivity, Microsoft finds
- Obama alums partner for $75M digital campaign to attack Trump
- NFL star puts Taco Bell-twist on his player intro during broadcast
- Varney: American prosperity makes a comeback under Trump
- Overdue library books could cost this woman her job
- ‘KING PERRY’ DETHRONED: Accused fraudster’s massive scheme collapses
- Coast Guard helicopter airlifts man having medical crisis from cruise ship
- This major US city temporarily blocks Uber’s bike, scooter rentals
- Apple commits $2.5B to combat housing crisis in California
- Maria Bartiromo honored with lifetime achievement award from National Italian American Foundation
- This lottery winner is absurdly lucky
- Iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway and IndyCar have new owner
- Xi, Trump have been in touch all along on trade deal
- Airlines to show Boeing 737 MAX is safe with demonstration flights
- ‘Terminator’ dominates at box office, doubles gross revenue of ‘Joker’
- These states have the most dangerous teen drivers
- US military modernization in danger of ‘stalling out,’ Army secretary says
- Trump can begin steps to pull US out of Paris climate deal
- ‘Cautiously optimistic’: All evacuations lifted for Southern California wildfire
- Overturning Obamacare would eliminate these taxes for certain families
- Under Armour shares whacked as feds probe accounting practices
- Homeowners staying put longer: What it means for the real estate market
- UAW members vote on Ford deal as president steps back amid scandal
- Who’s paying the most student debt
- Did Tesla cover up a potentially dangerous battery defect?
- SEE PICS: These multimillion-dollar homes offer luxurious life in the ‘Music City’
- Three people in critical condition as protests rock ‘heavy-hearted’ Hong Kong
- Resupply ship heads to space station to aid research missions
- Popeyes rides social media wave, earned media for chicken sandwich relaunch
- How much Olivia Newton-John’s iconic ‘Grease’ outfit fetched
- Airbnb spends millions in campaign against proposed short-term rental regulations
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Focus/Featured Report – Markets/Political/Big Picture/Stock
President Donald J. Trump touted new record highs on the markets today, tweeting: “Stock Market hits RECORD HIGH. Spend your money well!” With more negative media than any president in modern history, POTUS #45 keeps trudging on with policies that are making a measurable difference.
Per left-of-center CNBC:
- A strong U.S. jobs report out Friday also supported risk appetite for stocks. The U.S. economy added 128,000 jobs in October, the Labor Department said Friday.
- Friday’s jobs report also showed the U.S. labor force expanding [by] 325,000 last month. Meanwhile, those counted as being outside of the workforce dropped by 118,000 to 95.5 million.
- Meanwhile, the corporate earnings season has largely been better than expected. Seventy-five percent of the S&P 500 companies that have reported have surpassed analyst expectations, FactSet data shows.
What This Should Mean for Manufactured Housing
For years, publicly traded manufactured home investor relations packages in the prior administration would point to problems in the jobs and labor side as reasons why the industry was underperforming.
That’s clearly in the rearview mirror, based upon reports and evidence like today.
So, what is it that is keeping manufactured housing performing at only a fraction of its historic levels, especially during an affordable housing crisis?
Hold that and the other questions we pose to the industry’s powers that be in mind, because investors and inquiring minds want to know.
We could drone on…
…but will point new readers and the ICYMI crowd to the reports below.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)