Illustrative Preface. Most Americans want to be able to live their lives in safety, long to get ahead or prosper, and want to do so without a lot of politics. It is Liberty and Opportunity that are on the ballot. The various candidates are just a means to that desired end.
There is an unease among millions who are less than happy with their options in 2020. There are both good and bad reasons for that vexing reality.
Education and information are essential for sound decisions when there are no perfect choices. So is authentic ethics, more on that later.
An illustrative analogy will help clarify the issues and why these matters to every reader.
Imagine an individual who is not feeling well. There are two doctors she or he can go to see nearby at walk in clinics. The patient makes a pick and goes to Dr Z.
Doctor Z has a friendly enough staff in a nice office. The office has a TV with news channel on that the patient doesn’t care for, but others are in the waiting room too, so accepts that channel without complaining. When the patient’s turn comes and meets Z, he is an older MD. Dr. Z asks and says most of right things, sometimes smiles, but is a bit grumpy and occasionally says something awkwardly. The patient isn’t inspired, but is already there, so finishes the examinations, questions, and then listens to Dr. Z’s diagnosis and recommendations.
What Z’s diagnosed and then recommends treating is disturbing. It could seriously upset that person’s entire life. The treatment would be painful and costly, and would thus impact that patient’s family too. While the patient does not feel well, neither does the patient think they’re in that troubling a condition that requires a personal and professional upheaval. So, the patient politely leaves, but goes to nearby Dr. B’s clinic for a second opinion.
Doctor B’s office is fancier, also has a friendly staff, and the patient goes through the preliminary paperwork, but while doing so, options of personalized music or TV on demand are offered with sanitized ear buds so each patient can enjoy their selection without disturbing the others in the waiting room.
In due time, Dr. B and the patient meet. B’s personality could be a bit over the top, moving from smiling, to serious, to humor, some bragging about medical accomplishments and back to serious again. The medical credentials on the wall of B’s office are impressively framed and lighted in a way that you can’t help but look at them.
Once the adjustment is made for the personality, Dr. B’s diagnosis and recommendations are far more appealing than Dr. Z’s. But while the patient was waiting after the initial meeting with Dr. B, he googled the MD B. The first results were ads and articles by Dr. Z and Z’s buddies smearing Dr. B. Looking further online, the patient sees similar ads and videos by Dr. B and his supporters praising B while knocking Z.
What the patient wants is to get back to feeling normal. The options offered by the two MDs are hoped for means to that end. But conflicting ‘information,’ claims, and smears makes that decision more difficult.
GIGO and TANSTAAFL
GIGO is computer lingo first used decades ago. It is an acronym short for “Garbage In, Garbage Out.” If some person, group, or the population are routinely misinformed with ‘garbage’ information, it no surprise when more garbage is the output – GIGO. Rephrased, only good information can produce a more reliably good outcome.
TANSTAAFL is an acronym short for “There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.” It was often followed by the tag, ‘someone always pays.’
Government creates nothing. Government only takes from others – via taxes and or borrowing – and then spends that on whatever project or purpose.
The purpose of a just government is to do what is more difficult for individual citizens to do on their own. At the local level, that may include building roads, bridges or streetlights. It includes defense of the citizens against fire or lawbreaking. But there are some things that government is inefficient at doing or that risks the independence of citizens to make freely informed choices.
Such notions were once more common knowledge. But today, tens of millions have a tenuous grasp – or are entirely lacking – in the understanding of these basic principles.
The 2020 election can be easily framed by simple principles starting with good information vs garbage claims or GIGO. Promises of free stuff is routinely an illusion. Someone always pays. It is self-evident that the billionaires that favor a particular candidate are doing so not to get taxed more. They are doing so because they think they will get something for their campaign and candidate investments.
Let’s run through those comparisons to cut through the competing noise.
- The handling of COVID19 and what lies ahead,
- The economy and opportunities,
- Racial justice and the desire to quell unrest,
- Ending the ‘endless wars’ in the Middle East,
- Immigration and the border,
- Protecting American jobs and trade issues,
- Safety and security are among the top issues on the minds of voters.
With those issues in mind, let’s do a simple factual comparison.
- Both major party candidates, including former VP Joe Biden and his running mate Senator Kamala Harris (CA-D), are making certain promises.
- But VP Biden and President Barack Obama had the opportunity to deal with those same issues during their term in office, from January 2009 to 2017.
- Looking at the current coronavirus pandemic, Becker Hospital Review in a post on March 12, 2020 reported the following data: “Between April 12, 2009, and April 10, 2010, the CDC estimates swine flu caused 60.8 million illnesses, 273,304 hospitalizations and 12,469 deaths in the U.S.”
- The CDC on June 19, 2019 phrased that data like this: “From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases (range: 43.3-89.3 million), 274,304 hospitalizations (range: 195,086-402,719), and 12,469 deaths (range: 8868-18,306) in the United States due to the (H1N1) [i.e. swine flu]…virus.”
- Swine flu was less lethal than COVID19 has proven to be. But the Obama-Biden Administration was no more effective at dealing with their viral outbreak. They were fortunate that it wasn’t more deadly. More on this further below, so let’s move onto other comparisons.
- The economy in terms of earnings for everyday Americans performed better under the Trump-Pence era than either the Bush 43 Administration or the Obama-Biden timeframe. That’s according to data analyzed by both left-of-center CNN, and right-of-center Fox News.
- The Black Lives Matter (BLM) nonprofit group, as distinct from the slogan, started during the Obama-Biden Administration era because they felt there was injustice then. The death of Freddie Gray in Baltimore, for example, resulted in rioting too. Gray died in police custody in a Democratic city, in a predominantly Democratic state, during a Democratic Obama-Biden Administration. Why didn’t Obama-Biden deal effectively with those racial justice issues then, or the far more lethal to minorities routinely deadly weekends in Democratic run Chicago, during their 8 year term in office?
- When it comes to healthcare, the Affordable Care Act or ObamaCare was founded on deceptions or lies, according to the Obama-Administration point person from MIT, Jonathan Gruber. The YouTube video page has this summary, “In three separate appearances, MIT economist Jonathan Gruber, dubbed the “Obamacare Architect,” took a dim view of Americans’ intelligence. In the first, he discusses “the stupidity of the American voter.” In the second, that “Americans were too stupid to understand” one of the ACA’s tax increases. In the third, he describes the law’s “exploitation of the lack of understanding of the American voter.”
- Deception passed ObamaCare. Despite claims to the contrary, many did lose their doctors and private health coverage. That’s according to their own sources, as the video evidences.
- When it comes to the endless Middle Eastern conflicts, those began during the Bush 43 Administration, and then Senator Joe Biden (DE-D) voted to go to war. Self-described Democratic Socialist Senator Bernie Sanders, Biden’s main rival for the Democratic nomination, repeatedly called him out for that bad judgement. Biden himself admitted the error, as the former Senator Hillary Clinton. But during the Obama-Biden Administration, with Secretary Hillary Clinton leading the charge, they entered into a conflict with Libya to topple the Muammar al-Gaddafi regime. Libya today is a destabilized country with ISIS and other terror groups, not unlike how Iraq was destabilized when Bush 43 toppled Saddam Hussein.
- Rephrased, instead of ending wars in the Middle East, Obama-Biden started a new conflict in Libya. By contrast, there have been no new conflicts started during the Trump-Pence Administration. That’s a first since the Reagan Administration, according to Real Clear Politics.
- Then Senators Obama and Biden both supported beefing up the southern border with Mexico. As left-of-center Vanity Fair quoted former VP Biden on May 10, 2019, “Folks, I voted for a fence. . . Some of you won’t like it, I voted for 700 miles of fence.” The left-of-center Boston Globe said on Jan 26, 2017 that Senator Obama supported that too in “A 2006 bill shows how border security occupied Washington well before Trump made it the centerpiece of his candidacy.”
- During the 2019 Democratic Presidential Debate, a question was posed to all of the candidates. Do they support giving free health care to for undocumented (i.e. “illegal” immigrants? Former VP Biden, Senator Harris and all of the others raised their hands to say “yes.” That’s per left-of-center – meaning pro-Democratic – sources such as NBC, Bloomberg, or MSNBC.
Real Clear Politics also had the tweet below. The tweet below was pre-pandemic.
All Democrats just raised their hands for giving millions of illegal aliens unlimited healthcare. How about taking care of American Citizens first!? That’s the end of that race!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 28, 2019
- That response of giving free health care to illegal entries into the U.S. would be rejected by the vast majority of Americans if they were polled on it today. The Democrats of 2006 understood that illegal border crossers undermined domestic American labor, especially minorities. What happened to that clarity of reasoning?
- That naturally flows into the protecting and growing jobs issue through international trade and other policies. Biden voted for NAFTA, which was passed during the President William “Bill” Clinton Administration. In a presidential debate with Clinton, independent candidate Ross Perot said NAFTA would create “a great big sucking sound” of American jobs leaving for Mexico as the left-of-center Washington Post and other media reported. Why didn’t Obama-Biden fix that trade issue during their 8 years in office?
- Senator Barack Obama campaigned on regulations that would kill off the coal industry, for environmental reasons. Many coal mining jobs were lost. Drug addiction and alcoholism in those areas impacted rose. The promises of ‘green energy jobs’ have been made before, by candidate Obama. The evidence proves those promises weren’t kept, per left-of-center PolitiFact and other sources.
- Saying something is easy. Doing what is claimed often proved to be an elusive mirage. The Obama-Biden era $800 billion stimulus that promised “shovel ready jobs” was another such boondoggle, per reports that span the left-right divide.
In 2016 President Obama was supporting Secretary Hillary Clinton as his replacement. He campaigned and spoke for her, and against then candidate Trump. In the video below, POTUS Obama said in June of 2016 said some jobs “are just not going to come back.”
But in fact, Mr. Obama was proven wrong, because President Trump did negotiate better trade deals. NAFTA has been replaced by the USCMA – the United States Canada Mexico Agreement. Tariffs on Chinese and other goods spurred a return to the U.S. steel and manufacturing sectors. Note that those manufacturing jobs pay far better than restaurant work generally does.
- Last but not least in this survey are safety and security issues. Those should be seen through the lens of both foreign and domestic concerns.
- Exiting President Obama told newly installed President Trump that North Korea would be perhaps the biggest threat. Indeed, for those who think back, there was months when war – possibly nuclear war – looked imminent. Agree with the Trump diplomatic style or not, North Korea’s Supreme Leader Kim Jung-Un never attacked. There has been months of quiet instead of the ever-escalating years of threats before.
- Despite bogus allegations of Russian-Trump campaign collusion, disproven by the Mueller report, the Trump Administration jawboned NATO into spending far more on military defense for the European Union nations.
- VP Biden, his running mate Senator Harris, and other campaign surrogates have said that the President Trump has no foreign or domestic policy and has no plan. But saying something doesn’t make it true. The evidence, examined objectively reveals a very clear foreign and domestic policies based upon long-term U.S. interests.
- The U.S. domestic unrest has been traced to backers of the Democratic agenda.
A search of the cities by the Jeff Bezos owned, and pro-Biden-Harris, Washington Post makes it clear that the vast majority of those plagued by unrest have been run by Democrats.
To Get a Different Result, Things Must Be Done Differently
It is common sense. To get a different result, you have to do things differently.
In both 2009 and 2019, when the swine flu and the COVID19 pandemics were getting their start, the CDC failed both times at their basic job. Nations around the world have had better or worse results than the U.S. The WHO misinformed the world. The world trusted the WHO, and apparently wrongfully so.
But the problem goes back to various federal agencies, spy services and health services, failing at their basic task. Leaders, like voters, can only rely on the information they are given. By the time that President Trump was advised in late January about the threat, it was arguably two months too late. See the report linked here. Call it whatever, but the Obama-Biden administration did not do better, they had a less lethal virus with the swine flu that spread through much of the U.S. population.
But that wasn’t the first or last time that a pandemic spread throughout America. It’s happened several times before.
In order to get a different result, things must be done differently. That is just common sense.
What would make no sense is to return to a candidate who’s prior experience proved time and again not to work for the interests of the American people.
A CNN report in 2019, pre-COVID19, indicated their belief that President Trump would likely be re-elected. Even though they clearly dislike the 45th President, they recognized that his policies were producing a better economy and measurable results. It is only the upheaval that what President Trump calls the China Virus that has put his re-election into doubt. But that is like blaming the victim of a crime for being victimized. President Trump himself contracted the virus, as have other world leaders, and he has rapidly recovered.
More world leaders have caught the virus since that graphic was created. Members of the Biden-Harris team, which is no doubt smaller than that of Trump-Pence who are in office, have also contracted COVID19.
Rephrased, it is a virus. People should take precautions, but it will spread despite precautions. Vaccines and treatments are nearly ready or are already available. What more does Biden think he can do than what’s been done? Especially since he and other Democratic leaders were demonstrably wrong early on in their criticism of the Trump-Pence handling of virus?
Again, saying something that sounds good must be checked against reality. The track record or history of Biden-Harris on this topic is not impressive.
Challenges Ahead, While Protecting Rights, and Creating Opportunities
What COVID19 has revealed is that several members of the Democratic party, and some “RINO” Republicans too, seemed to relish the idea of the power that emergency orders gave them over smaller businesses and the population that shutdowns gave them.
President Trump has no doubt played cheerleader. There are times he could be accused of painting too rosy a picture. But the pandemic has reportedly hit some 188 countries globally. Europe is surging in cases again, some parts of the U.S. are too. But domestic hospital capacity has been well managed. As or more important, the recovery rates once contracted – as President Trump, First Lady Melania Trump, son Baron and their team members recovery from COVID19 has proven – are high.
The specific uses of some of those emergency orders have in some cases been challenged in court. Michigan’s was ruled unconstitutional.
The entire issue of COVID19 is obviously tragic. Reportedly over a million have died globally. But it may have certain silver linings to the dark clouds.
- Communist China’s true nature has been clearly revealed. They covered up the virus, in conjunction with the WHO and others.
- American politicians who oppose President Trump, some of whom are not Democrats, have used the pandemic in a fashion that essentially gives Communist China’s responsibility in this tragic matter cover.
- Much of big tech and big media, those elements that are anti-Trump agenda, have likewise been more clearly revealed for those who step back and look objectively at what is occurring.
- Big tech and big media are businesses. They are routinely tied to the same billionaires that are supporting Biden-Harris and down-ballot Democrats in U.S. House and Senate races.
- Record sums of money are being spent by billionaires and their allies to unseat President Trump and his GOP backers in 2020 House and Senate contests.
- Several of those claims being made, as this brief survey reflects, are simply not true or are statements taken out of context. See the report linked below as one video laced example that debunks the Trump-racist claim. Note that the sources for that cross the left-right media divide.
That report above pre-dated the newest evidence and allegations of Biden corruption.
But as MHProNews previously reported, while certain details here are compelling and new, the knowledge about purported Biden family corruption is far from new. See the report linked below.
Furthermore, the largely downplayed by many in media of the Chinese Communist handling of the virus is examined in the video report from a news source that is anti-Communist in its leaning.
Deception and Misdirection
GIGO. Garbage in, garbage out. Not all news is fake, but enough of it is so that it keeps millions of Americans improperly informed.
Over 150 professionals in media, academia, and entertainment.
This isn’t new, it was reported numerous times over the years and was illustrated by the docudrama, Shadows of Liberty.
The evidence, once it is looked at dispassionately, is clear. Let’s sum up.
- Limited government is what the U.S. Constitution established.
- Limited government protects the rights of individual citizens.
- What Democrats like Biden, Harris, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (CA-D), Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (NY-D), or AOC have said directly or by suggestion is that they will change the federal system to insure that they hold power and never lose it again.
The polls were wrong in 2016. The 2020 election is up for grabs. It all depends on who shows up and votes. But those votes should be informed, and not based on misinformation.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 28, 2020
There is always more to read and more to come. Stay tuned with the runaway number one source for authentic “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing.
For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com.
This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.
Connect on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/latonykovach
The text/image boxes below are linked to other reports, which can be accessed by clicking on them.