Having watched the man publish a massive report earlier today after the lady – moi – spent today doing pre-Christmas fun and make-ready stuff, we both thought tonight’s showcased focus should be lighter.
It has been a while since we’ve spotlighted Futuro, and a video on that will be our featured focus tonight. You’ll see that beyond our standard fare, today’s graphics, the left-right headline bullets, plus manufactured housing and broader market snapshots.
Longtime readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Investors may be overly complacent about 2020
- Analysis: The US economy is getting its best rating in almost 20 years
- Now fake Facebook accounts are using fake faces
- The rise of ‘grocerants’: Grocery stores that cook you dinner
- US Steel is laying off 1,500 workers
- Boeing’s Starliner will not reach space station
- How Dish Network plans to become a cell phone company in 2020
- Opinion: After two years, Trump’s tax cuts have failed Americans
- How gay couples in TV commercials became a mainstream phenomenon
- ‘Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker’ looks to cap off Disney’s incredible year at the box office
- The McLaren GT: A $210,000 supercar for everyday driving
- Google’s CEO is getting a huge pay raise
- Want Motorola’s new foldable Razr? You’ll have to wait
- Here are the top holiday toys of the last four decades
- 4 consumer brands that came back from the dead
- McDonald’s brought back retro Happy Meal toys
- Sega returns with a nostalgic console from the late 80s
- Nintendo releases old Super Nintento games
- At 30, she is the CEO of a $3 billion dating empire
- Spotify is leaning into podcasts. Will it work?
- Disney CEO just took the biggest risk of his career
- He revolutionized how millions spend money in India
- The world’s biggest brands have a garbage problem. This man can help
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- WATCH: Starliner capsule launched into WRONG orbit, company scrambling
- Boeing’s new Starliner capsule ended up in the wrong orbit after lifting off on its first test flight Friday.
- PHOTO: See inside the Starliner space capsule
- CDC blames ‘vast majority’ of vaping illnesses on one ingredient
- Two presidential candidates spending big on impeachment commercials
- WATCH: Carnival cruise ships collide, several passengers hurt in chaos
- Don’t be pinched by Grinch: How to defend yourself against 4 popular holiday scams
- Former ‘SNL’ cast member snubbed from Eddie Murphy’s return to show
- ‘Seedy’ jiggle joints ogling tech-tease makeover as millennials keep walking
- The most dangerous times to travel over the holidays
- iPhone maker building secret satellite team as 5G race speeds up: report
- SEE PIC: Tiger Woods, star golfers get festive in TaylorMade’s Christmas card
- Oil billionaire erupts on Elizabeth Warren over ‘low energy’ stance
- Officials may be on verge of getting answers to Epstein death questions
- Law threatening 70,000 jobs — and the industry’s future
- Varney: Judgment day coming for Pelosi, Democrats
- Trump announces update on status of the US-China trade deal
- Christmas comes early on Wall Street: Dow, S&P 500, Nasdaq notch records
- Trump touts border wins, space dominance in biggest-ever defense bill
- ‘MUST BE DEATH’: ‘Wheel of Fortune’ host opens up about terrifying health scare
- BOND’S MARKET: Action movie star praises Trump’s ‘Goldfinger’ economy
- Americans’ credit scores highest since 2011: analysis
- Ex-NFL star, Navy vet backs Trump waivers for military academy athletes
- New home finance company lands $100M to redefine housing industry
- Congress can keep bad actors out of the financial system
- Alphabet CEO about to make insane amount of money
- US shoppers shrug off impeachment, confidence rockets to 7-month high
- Inside ritzy ‘wine cave’ where Pete Buttigieg cozied up to fat-cat donors
- GE venture building more Airbus engines to offset 737 Max shutdown
- Swiss watch sales could tick to lowest level in decades
- WATCH: NFL star’s rise and murderous fall getting the Netflix treatment
- FDA warns of breathing risks with popular nerve drugs
- Toys-R-Us’ relaunch bets big on ‘experimental’ new style of store
- Wheels Up, Rao’s to greet Super Bowl guests with star treatment
- Major airline grounds Boeing 737 Max from schedules through summer
- Amazon passes major milestone in quest to dominate US shipping
- Ford recalls 600,000 older Fusion, Milan, MKZs over brake issues
- Wisconsin governor rejects ‘Making a Murderer’ pardon bid
- Boeing 737 Max production freeze whacks supplier
- NCAA football bowls: Why schools don’t care about the bonus check
- ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ pits big money sales against Twitter taste makers’ scorn
- ViacomCBS to take 49% stake in film studio Miramax for $375 million
- Virginia biochemist Camille Schrier is crowned Miss America
- Female-founded unicorns set a record in 2019: Report
- Facebook operating system in the works, but critics are skeptical
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Meet
Talk about a flashback. It was August 18, 2011 when MHProNews first published a report about Futuro.
On August 23, 2017 MHProNews published this report.
This week, CNN Business filed this video report.
Per CNN, “Fifty years ago, the Futuro embodied the promise of a futuristic way of living. Here’s a look at the space age tiny home that’s reminiscent of a flying saucer and fiercely sought after by collectors.”
As the hours count down to the start of Hanukah, Advent draws to a close, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day loom, it is often a time to reflect. While people gather with family and friends, it is worth thinking about what is, what was and what could be.
As this afternoon’s massive report by our publisher reflects, the industry is underperforming for specific reasons. There have been decades of various efforts in prefab housing.
Its through the lens of history that much becomes clear.
Sears began precut prefab homes.
Later came trailer houses, then mobile homes in the 1950s and finally manufactured homes starting on June 15, 1976.
One reason we lead is our breadth of coverage. We know how to mix the heavy with the light. Futuro reminds us that the future did and still belongs to factory built housing.
We’ll see you tomorrow with more.
On that note, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.