There is a steady stream of positive economic, consumer confidence, business and investor confidence news. The positive economic news stands in stark contrast to the roughly last 9 years before the 2016 election, when huge borrowing and a series of “QEs” – “Quantitative Easing” – artificially propped up an economy that was being strapped down by heavy regulations and taxes too. Today, Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell talked at an economic forum about the economic outlook, which will be our focus report for this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Tencent Music plans to go public on US exchange
- The markets are soaring. How should investors play it?
- A llama, bagel and frisbee: Apple’s new iOS 12.1 emoji
- Tesla calms fears with strong sales numbers
- Uber hires Expedia exec to fill HR role
- Volkswagen dumps jailed Audi CEO amid emissions probe
- Can GE’s new boss right the ship?
- GE unexpectedly removes its CEO
- Goldman Sachs’ new CEO has a lot of work to do
- Goldman Sachs slants research to help Democrats, top White House adviser says
- New York Times says it was a mistake to enlist writer who posted anti-Kavanaugh tweet to report on him
- Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen is being treated for cancer
- Stocks pop after new US-Canada-Mexico deal
- Jemele Hill is joining The Atlantic
- Don’t fall numb to this Facebook hack
- There was only one White House press briefing in the entire month of September
- California has a new law: No more all-male boards
- Katie Couric: News need more diversity at the top
- Washington Times settles lawsuit with Seth Rich’s brother, issuing a retraction and apology
- California just passed its net neutrality law. The DOJ is already suing
- Elon Musk agrees to pay $20 million and quit as Tesla chairman
- Facebook hack exposed 50 million users’ info
- New York DA probing allegations of sexual misconduct at CBS
- Murdoch family made big money off the Disney-Fox deal
- SEC charges LendingClub unit with mishandling investors’ money
- 10 years after the crisis, some investors are still scared of stocks
- Amazon’s newest physical store has a twist
- JCPenney now has no CEO or CFO
- These 3 startups are here to save local news in their communities
- Ted Turner reveals he has dementia
- How to catch up on retirement savings in your 50s
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow continues to rally, climbs to new record
- Online sales taxes take effect in these states
- High-tax New York towns to battle IRS over SALT cap workaround
- What went wrong at General Electric
- Why these stores will be closed on Thanksgiving
- Amobee CEO Kim Perell, a self-made millionaire, reveals the secret to success
- The Air Force is getting a new uniform
- As a newly-minted US citizen, I did not sign on to the rule of a Democrat mob: Varney
- C. Penney taps Jill Soltau as new CEO to lead turnaround
- CEO departures are on the rise. Here’s a list of the big ones
- New trade deal unites US allies against China: Kevin Hassett
- The key parts of Trump’s new trade deal with Canada, Mexico
- Wilbur Ross: New NAFTA deal a ‘win’ for US dairy
- Auto sales dinged as interest rates spike
- Musk tells Tesla employees to prove ‘naysayers’ wrong
- Delta partners with CarePod to improve pet travel
- Fed reportedly reconsiders standards of a big bank
- Facebook could face massive fine in Europe after data breach
- Amazon raises minimum wage to $15 for US employees
- NASCAR Cup Series race team is a family affair
- TriStar Motorsports keeps a family tradition alive at the racetrack.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Among the points that left-of-center CNBC rarely mentions when it comes to the FED and the economy today vs. the Obama era is this. QE was a fancy phrase for ‘printing money’ by the FED. It was an artificial way of propping up the economy. Besides all the positive economic news, often overlooked is the fact that the Federal Reserve has been “unwinding” those holdings that kept the markets artificially higher.
Wolf Street, not CNBC, reported in August that “The plan calls for shedding up to $420 billion in securities in 2018 … Since the beginning of the QE-Unwind, the Fed has shed $129 billion in Treasuries. … In total, $61 billion in MBS have been shed since the beginning of the QE unwind.”
That’s arguably another example of how a media outlet’s hidden agenda can subtly-to-boldly ‘spin’ the news. It’s one of several reasons why MHProNews cites headline bullets each evening from CNN Money and Fox Business, which at least provides some balance to the otherwise hyper-partisan way that news is often reported.
That said, let’s look at what CNBC said this evening about Chairman Powell’s comments.
- Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell cited a “remarkably positive outlook” for a U.S. economy enjoying both low unemployment and inflation.
- A reporter asked Powell after last week’s Fed meeting whether the outlook was “too good to be true,” and he said it was “a reasonable question.”
- In a speech Tuesday, the central bank chief said the jobless rate is running at 3.9 percent and inflation is around the Fed’s goal of 2 percent. Historically, low unemployment has fueled inflation and sometimes has forced the Fed into hiking interest rates rapidly.
- “While these two top-line statistics do not always present an accurate picture of overall economic conditions, a wide range of data on jobs and prices supports a positive view,” Powell told economists at a Boston conference. “In addition, many forecasters are predicting that these favorable conditions are likely to continue.”
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.