The Dow rose nearly 200 points today on news that began to leak out late last night that Canada and the U.S. had come to terms on a revision to the old – and much maligned – North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). The Manufactured Housing Composite Value rose too. The promise of the replacement for NAFTA is a good deal for all, with benefits to American farmers, dairy, factories, businesses – and of course to the trading partners. If it leads to more jobs and money in the U.S., which are among the promises, that would be good for manufactured housing. The USMCA will be our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Meet GE’s new boss: Can Larry Culp right the ship?
- GE unexpectedly removes its CEO
- Instagram gets a new chief: Facebook vet Adam Mosseri
- Stocks pop after new US-Canada-Mexico deal
- California just passed its net neutrality law. The DOJ is already suing
- There was only one White House press briefing in the entire month of September
- Tesla stock roars back after Elon Musk’s SEC deal
- The next big test for Elon Musk arrives this week
- Elon Musk agrees to pay $20 million and quit as Tesla chairman
- Moment of truth for Tesla’s Model 3
- US and Canada reach deal on NAFTA
- Jemele Hill is joining The Atlantic
- Ryanair says strikes are hitting its profits
- California has a new law: No more all-male boards
- Katie Couric: News need more diversity at the top
- Washington Times settles lawsuit with Seth Rich’s brother, issuing a retraction and apology
- Country music marks one year since the Las Vegas massacre
- New York DA probing allegations of sexual misconduct at CBS
- Murdoch family made big money off the Disney-Fox deal
- SEC charges LendingClub unit with mishandling investors’ money
- 10 years after the crisis, some investors are still scared of stocks
- JCPenney now has no CEO or CFO
- These 3 startups are here to save local news in their communities
- Amal Clooney calls on Myanmar to pardon jailed Reuters journalists
- Viewers gathered around the TV in high numbers for Ford-Kavanaugh hearing
- Ted Turner reveals he has dementia
- How to catch up on retirement savings in your 50s
- McDonald’s is removing artificial additives from its burgers
- Cadillac is heading home
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump’s new trade deal: What to know
- Wilbur Ross: New NAFTA deal a ‘win’ for US dairy
- US stocks surge as US, Canada, Mexico reach trade deal
- Auto stocks rally on US-Canada-Mexico trade deal
- Trump says USMCA doesn’t lift steel, aluminum tariffs
- China trade deal far from being reached: Larry Kudlow
- GE ousts Flannery as CEO, effective immediately
- Tesla chief Elon Musk’s SEC settlement: What experts are saying
- US Air Force rolls out new official uniform
- Tesla produced record number of cars in third quarter: Report
- How Seahawks star Earl Thomas’ contract dispute explains obscene gesture
- Trump says US close to ‘knocking out’ bump stocks
- Verizon CEO launches 5G in four US cities, will expand nationally
- These are the worst states for wealthy Americans
- Harvard, Stanford, other top MBA schools see applications drop
- College, majors offering best ‘value'[overlay type]
- Graduates at this little-known college earn the most
- Forget 90210. These are now the hottest zip codes in America
- Facebook names new Instagram chief after founders exit
- California is 1st state to require women on corporate boards
- Goldman’s lavish spending on Blankfein’s post-CEO office irks employees
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The White House press room provided MHProNews some pull quotes from various media outlets, in reaction to the newly announced USMCA – the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement.
U.S. Reaches Trade Deal with Canada and Mexico
“Trade ministers from the U.S., Mexico and Canada have reached a deal to revamp the North American Free Trade Agreement, the Trump administration announced late Sunday night,” Politico reported, adding “The new pact, which is being called the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, is a major step toward completing one of Trump’s signature campaign promises.”
“President Trump on Monday praised Canada for joining the U.S. and Mexico in a new trilateral trade agreement that will replace NAFTA,” Pete Kasperowicz reports in the Washington Examiner. “Late last night, our deadline, we reached a wonderful new Trade Deal with Canada, to be added into the deal already reached with Mexico,” President Trump tweeted. The President also added that “the new U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, or USMCA, is an ‘historic transaction!’”
The press conference for today’s announcement is posted below.
Per Fox Business: “The Trump administration reached a trade agreement with Canada over the weekend, paving the way for the president to sign a renegotiated agreement with both Canada and Mexico by November.”
The USMCA, which “President Trump referred to as “the most important” trade deal the administration has made so far, it marks the end of a tumultuous period between the three trade allies. The White House said USMCA will govern $1.2 trillion in trade, making it the largest trade deal in U.S. history.”
Trump touted the deal as “terrific” for all three countries, during a press conference at the White House on Monday, “with the most enhanced protections for workers ever developed.”
POTUS Trump also credited his tariff policies as a main reason the administration is able to reach deals.
Among the Topline Bullets
- Intellectual Property
- Win for U.S. Farmers, Dairy, Ranchers
- Auto Sector
- Labor Protections
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.