It looks to be yet another case of the truth hiding in plain sight.
Berkshire Hathaway’s Warren Buffett, Amazon’s Jeff Bezos and Jaime Dimon for JP Morgan Chase announced a healthcare deal.
The market reaction? A selloff.
What could it mean for MHVille, the nation? That will be our focus report for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline reports are found further below, just beyond the Manufactured Housing Composite Value for today.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets.
Part of this unique feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – that saves readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” ©
Selected headlines and bullets from CNN Money:
- Market slumps at a bad time for Trump
- Dow drops 363 points
- Facebook bans ads promoting cryptocurrencies
- S. investigates Apple for iPhone slowdown
- Jeff Bezos and friends spook health care stocks
- Health care costs are swallowing the economy
- Amazon’s Alexa can send SMS texts
- An electric Harley-Davidson is coming in 2019
- Where this economic boom ranks in U.S. history
- Steve Wynn’s net worth is plunging
- What we know about Trump’s infrastructure plan
Selected headlines and bullets from Fox Business:
- Dow tumbles 362 points as health care stocks drag
- Health insurers fall after JPMorgan, Amazon, Berkshire team up
- Amazon, Berkshire and JPMorgan grapple with US health care
- Aetna projects Trump tax overhaul will add $800M to profit
- Consumer confidence rises in January more than forecast
- World markets can absorb some trade turbulence as Trump digs in
- Trump’s economy: The state of growth, jobs and stocks
- Electric truck maker Nikola to build $1B plant in Arizona
- Todd Ricketts to replace Steve Wynn as RNC finance chair: Reports
- Trump’s stock market bubble is about to burst, David Stockman says
- Meet Trump’s State of the Union business guests
- Taxpayers’ paycheck problems could lead to big bill from IRS, expert warns
- McDonald’s to open 1,000 new restaurants in 2018, beef up tech after tax reform
- This 19-year-old college student doubles as a market sleuth
- Super Bowl LII: Eagles fans expected to outnumber Pats fans 3 to 1
- Super Bowl betting total to top $4.7B, with 97% bet illegally
- Super Bowl 52 to score record share of TV ad revenue
- Judge explains playing audio in Pilot Flying J trial
ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-right’ media chart, please click here.
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
S&P 500 2,822.43 -31.10(-1.09%)
Dow 30 26,076.89 -362.59(-1.37%)
Nasdaq 7,402.48 -64.02(-0.86%)
Russell 2000 1,582.82 -15.29(-0.96%)
Crude Oil 63.81 -0.69(-1.07%)
Gold 1,342.40 +2.40(+0.18%)
Silver 17.12 +0.07(+0.39%)
EUR/USD 1.2415 +0.0012(+0.09%)
10-Yr Bond 2.73 +0.03(+1.00%)
Manufactured Housing Composite Value
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
All three corporate leaders have had business interests in the housing market.
Buffett’s Berkshire brands in manufactured housing are headlined by Clayton Homes, Vanderbilt Mortgage and 21st Mortgage. But there’s much more that’s going on with Buffett and factory-built housing, as careful Daily Business News readers know.
With the economy moving from tame towards roar, and the markets setting record after records, as stock soar – did Buffett and Bezos – who both took strong public positions against Donald Trump and his presidency – decide to announce their health alliance today, based on a presumption that it could cause an embarrassing market slide – just before the State of the Union (SOTU) address?
“Amazon’s reputation for disrupting markets shook up investors in the health care sector Tuesday,” said CNN Money today.
“Shares of established health insurers such as UnitedHealth, Anthem, Aetna and Cigna were sharply lower following the announcement, as did shares of Humana, a hospital operator, drugstore retailers CVS and Walgreens and prescription service Express Script. Shares of Amazon are up 8%, while JPMorgan and Berkshire Hathaway are unchanged,” reported CNN earlier today.
Business Insider may or may not prove to be correct when they said that this doesn’t look like that strong a deal. It may not have a long-term effect on the markets.
But either way, it did the night the 45th president takes the big stage.
The White House has been promoting pro-growth policies, that Democrats have largely opposed.
We’ll watch the market response to President Trump’s State of the Union.
Former President Barack Obama recently said something relevant to the nation. But it was particularly and profoundly insightful to manufactured housing professionals. According to the Hill, ” Former President Obama said in an interview that Fox News viewers and NPR listeners are living on different planets in terms of what news they consume.
Because this is a battle of the titans.
And both sides have fired public warning shots.
See Recent Exclusive 1 Year Snapshot of All Tracked Stocks
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to a recent round of industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, Analysis.)
(Image credits are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.