As dozens of manufactured housing professionals – mostly based in Ohio, but also some elsewhere – were advised by email on 4.23.2021, MHProNews’ publisher L. A. “Tony” Kovach made an updated request to the FHFA about a controversy that has been brewing for a month. Late Friday afternoon, the FHFA responded to that message thread. The view from the profession vantagepoint and how that could benefit industry growth will be part of an upcoming MHProNews report. But how this issue impacts millions of mobile and manufactured homeowners is already unpacked in the new report linked below. That report includes the entire response by Kevin Sheehan, Senior Counsel at the FHFA to MHProNews.
The image below is somewhat different than the one above.
It links to a new, relevant report.
FHFA Attorney Kevin J. Sheehan is in their Office of General Counsel. He made the response on behalf of the FHFA, which copied others previously in the message thread. MHProNews has not yet directly responded to their offer. But it is fair to say that we are considering part of it.
Less than 6 hours after our 4.23.2021 email was sent, part of which is shown in this screen capture, the office of FHFA’s general counsel provided a formal, polite, and conciliatory reply. See that screen capture below. NOTICE. To see the image below in a larger size, in many browsers, you can click the image below once. When a new window opens, you can click the image again. It will show several times larger than its current size.
It is not irrelevant if mainstream media gets involved in some or all of these issues. But neither is it absolutely necessary at this time. Why? First, because MHProNews and our sister site are already on the case. There are advantages to the white hats in the industry and others by our having the lead on this evidence-based reporting, fact checks, and analysis.
The reason this story matters is clear to many in our profession. But for newcomers, in brief, it is because there are thousands of manufactured home professionals who have arguably been harmed by this slow-motion scheme that has been detailed in several MHProNews and MHLivingNews reports.
Additionally, there are millions of current mobile and manufactured home owners who have been harmed too.
If even some of those professionals and homeowners get properly engaged on these issues, the opportunity to effect significant change that could spur serious improvements in manufactured housing grows. In the meantime, our trade media will continue to develop evidence and hammer away at those in positions of authority who can make a difference.
For the next several days, MHProNews will publish an article a day, not two or three.
Once we return to our normal publishing schedule, we will spotlight a new set of revelations that we have not yet reported relative to Berkshire Hathaway lending. Tim Williams will be a focus, but not the only one in that planned report. Stay tuned.
The market report for Friday night, 4.23.2021 is below.
Notice: The headlines that follow are also from 4.23.2021. While the arrangement or layout of this report has been modified, but several elements of the basic concepts used before are still the same. The headlines can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market moving’ reports.
The manufactured home connected equities at last night’s closing bell will follow the left-right headline bullets.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Sticker shock
- A customer wears a protective mask as she picks up a box of diapers at a Costco store on March 14, 2020 in Novato, California. Some Americans are stocking up on food, toilet paper, water and other items after the World Health Organization (WHO) declared Coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic.
- Diapers are a pricey, essential item for parents, and now they’re getting even more expensive
- Simone Biles drops Nike and signs with Athleta
- 6 steps to avoid running out of money in retirement
- The world is waking up to the climate emergency. Just look at Wall Street
- The last clean energy boom turned to bust. Will this time be any different?
- Watch Consumer Reports trick Tesla’s Autopilot system
- Net zero pledges are all the rage in Corporate America. They’re paying off
- Opinion: The union loss at Amazon is another sign big companies have too much power
- Honda promises to make only emissions-free vehicles in the future
- Consumer Reports shows a Tesla can drive with no one in the driver’s seat
- India is churning out wealthy tech elites. Now they need to start making money
- This company is selling mystery bags of food to combat restaurant waste
- No, the new iMac isn’t ugly. The design and colors are a breath of fresh air
- Bitcoin drops below $50,000 over tax hike worries
- SpaceX rocket carrying four astronauts launches from Florida
- Vehicles parked outside residential homes in Manhasset, New York, U.S., on Friday, April 16, 2021. Across the U.S., house hunters are fighting for scraps in a market picked clean of listings during the key spring homebuying season.
- Home prices hit a new record, because there simply aren’t enough houses for the crush of buyers
- Here’s how accurate online home estimates are
- Homes in Black neighborhoods undervalued by $46,000
- NYC office space hits lowest level in three decades
- Zillow will now make cash offers for homes based on its ‘Zestimates’
- HAPPY HOUR
- Bottles of red wine are displayed for sale inside Albertsons Cos. grocery store in San Diego, California, U.S. on Monday, June 22, 2020. Existing shareholders of Albertsons Cos., including Cerberus Capital Management, are seeking as much as $1.3 billion in its U.S. initial public offering, as grocery remains of the the few businesses to get a boost from the pandemic.
- Americans spent the pandemic stocking up on booze. That may be changing
- Natty Light Frozen Icicles are coming this summer
- White Claw’s latest hard seltzer is even boozier
- Budweiser Select is making a comeback
- Pepsi is launching a new line of mixers
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Dems Divided: Manchin Says Biden Should Focus on ‘Conventional’ Infrastructure
- Biden’s ambitious package continues to irk many lawmakers who say it’s loaded up with Dem wish-list items that go far beyond infrastructure’s definition. The position of Manchin, a moderate in Biden’s own party, is yet another sign that Democrats will have to break the president’s $2.3 trillion plan into pieces: some that will be able to muster bipartisan support, and some that will be far more divisive and may only pass through a controversial reconciliation process.
- The Biden Presidency
- Biden Tells Erdogan He’ll Call Armenian Massacre a Genocide
- ‘We’re Gonna Do This’: Biden Closes Global Summit on Climate
- Blinken to Allow Pride Flag to Fly at US Embassies
- Psaki: Biden Will Be First President to Create 1M Jobs in First 100 Days
- Republicans Unveil $568B Infrastructure Plan
- Tim Scott to Deliver GOP Response to Biden Speech
- Biden Eyeing Capital Gains Tax Up to 43.4%
- Dems Call GOP Opposition to DC Statehood ‘Bigotry’
- More The Biden Presidency
- Judge Calls Temporary Halt to Arizona Election Audit
- An Arizona judge on Friday temporarily halted an audit of the 2020 election results from Maricopa County as long as Democrats put up $1 million to fund any potential increase in costs. The audit including a hand recount of 2.1 million ballots is being conducted on behalf of…
- Related Stories
- Democrats Sue to Block “Audit” of 2020 Arizona Election
- Here’s When Derek Chauvin Will Be Sentenced for Killing George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of
- Maxine Waters Defends Previous Chauvin Comments, Claims She’s Non-Violent
- Roaring Reopening Trade Threatened With Boom Nearing Peak
- In a stimulus-crazed economy, everything goes faster. The recovery
- Metformin Will Kill Your Legs – Do This to Stop it
- CDC Health Panel Urges Restarting J&J Vaccinations
- A U.S. health panel says it’s time to resume use of Johnson &
- Vaccination Rates Falling Across Country Over Past Week
- Jason Smith to Newsmax TV: NY’s Payments to Undocumented Workers ‘Unacceptable’
- Jason Smith, R-Mo., told Newsmax TV on Friday that New York’s
- Innovative NC Program to Improve Veterans’ Interactions With Cops Could Go National
- First responders across nine North Carolina counties may soon begin
- Has Cancel Culture Gone Too Far? Take Our Survey
- SPONSOR: It wont take you long its only 5 questions
- Florida House OKs Bill to Ban Abortions Based on Disability
- Florida doctors would be banned from performing abortions if they
- Wash Post Slammed for ‘Disgraceful’ Tim Scott ‘Cotton to Congress’ Fact Check
- The Washington Post is being slammed on social media for a fact check
- Arkansas’ GOP Gov. Hutchinson Vetoes Bill Nullifying Gun Restrictions
- Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson on Friday vetoed legislation that would
- Trump May Leave Florida to Spend Summer at His New Jersey Golf Club
- Three months after leaving the White House for Mar-a-Lago, Donald
- Democrats in Panic After Biblical Remedy is Exposed. Watch This Video
- SPONSOR: Newfound evidence exposes Bible secret. Read here
- Twitter Banned Trump but Takes No Action Against LeBron James Tweet
- Twitter won’t decide whether NBA superstar LeBron James should be
- Trump: LeBron James’ Tweets on Teen’s Death Are ‘Racist Rants’
- Florida High Court Stops Bid to Legalize Marijuana
- The Florida Supreme Court has all but killed an effort to legalize [Smart Lifestyle Trends
- Protesters Deface Monument in NYC’s Central Park
- Protesters vandalized a monument in New York City’s Central Park by
- Kimberly Guilfoyle Endorses Eric Greitens for Missouri Senate Seat
- I am proud to serve as his National Chair and encourage you to join
- Florida Launches New Policy for Cars Used Less Than 50 Miles/day
- Smart Lifestyle Trends
- Jailed Kremlin Critic Navalny Ending His Hunger Strike
- Jailed Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny said on Friday he
- Manchin Endorses Murkowski
- Democrat Sen. Joe Manchin is once again endorsing a Republican’s
- Russia Orders Troop Pullback From Ukraine Border
- Russian troops began pulling back to their permanent bases Friday
- Parkland School Shooter’s Trial Could Start in September
- Nikolas Cruz, who has admitted to killing 17 people at a Parkland,
- Gizzi: New Ratings Show Cheney, Murkowski Vote to the Left of Their Dads
- The 50th annual of Congress by the venerable American Conservative
- Japan Declares State of Emergency for Tokyo, 3 Other Areas
- Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga declared a state of emergency
- Mo Brooks to Newsmax TV: We Must Stand Up for Law and Order
- Mo Brooks, R-Ala., told Newsmax TV on Friday that the
- Scalise Shooting Survivors Criticize FBI’s ‘Suicide by Cop’ Conclusion
- Survivors of the 2017 shooting of Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., on
- SpaceX Rocket Launches 1st Crewed Flight on Used Equipment
- Four astronauts rumbled aloft on a SpaceX rocket bound for the
- Devin Nunes to Newsmax TV: Migrant Kids in Obama-Biden – Not Trump – Cages
- Devin Nunes, R-Calif., recently visited the southern border
- Democrats Sue to Block
- Democrats Sue to Block “Audit” of 2020 Arizona Election
- The Arizona Democratic Party and the sole Democrat on the Maricopa
- Dershowitz to Newsmax TV: Never Heard Judge Advise Defense
- Legal scholar Alan Dershowitz tells Newsmax TV he’s never heard
- Kat Cammack to Newsmax TV: Press for DC Statehood Is ‘Democratic Power Play’
- Florida Rep. Kat Cammack called the vote to approve the District
- Psaki: Biden Will Be First President to Create 1 Million Jobs in First 100 Days
- Joe Biden will be the first President to create 1 million jobs in his
- New House Seat Numbers Tied to Census Can’t Be Released Until Next Week
- The numbers used for deciding how many congressional seats each
- RNC Chair McDaniel Said to Be Mulling Michigan Governor Run
- Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel has reportedly
- Home Insurance How Much Should You Pay In FL?
- Otto Home Insurance
- More Newsfront
- Amazon Begins Rollout of Pay-by-Palm at Whole Foods near HQ
- Amazon is rolling out pay-by-palm technology at some Whole Foods grocery stores near its headquarters to make paying quicker and more convenient.
- Nestle Is in Talks to Acquire Nature’s Bounty Owner
- Audited SPAC Statements ‘Should No Longer Be Relied Upon’
- New Home Sales Surged 20.7 Percent in March
- Honda Declares All Sales Will Be Electric Vehicles by 2040
- More Finance
- Pandemic Creating Devastating Amounts of PPE Waste
- April is Earth Month and Earth Day is Thursday, but and as the pandemic persists, we are witnessing a devastating rise in the environmental hazard of personal protective equipment pollution that is choking our oceans…
- Hearing Loss Tied to Less Physical Activity in Older Adults
- Woman’s Weight Can Affect Odds of Miscarriage
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Cutting Out Bread to Lose Weight
- 5 Ways to Prevent Prostate Cancer
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.