Transcript Daily, and other sources, noted that ECN Capital (TO:ECN) hit a new 1 year high on 1.4.2021. That was on a day when other stocks in the manufactured housing industry connected basket of firms below slid, Triad Financial Services connected ECN capital rose.
“The company traded as high as C$6.64 and last traded at C$6.52, with a volume of 20562 shares traded. The stock had previously closed at C$6.47,” per Transcript Daily.
“ECN has been the topic of a number of research analyst reports. Cormark lifted their price target on shares of ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO) from C$7.00 to C$8.00 in a report on Thursday, November 12th. Royal Bank of Canada lifted their target price on ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO) from C$7.00 to C$7.50 and gave the company an “outperform” rating in a report on Thursday, November 12th. National Bank Financial upped their price target on ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO) from C$6.00 to C$7.50 and gave the stock an “outperform” rating in a research note on Thursday, November 12th. TD Securities lifted their price objective on ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO) from C$6.50 to C$7.00 and gave the company a “buy” rating in a research note on Thursday, November 12th. Finally, Raymond James increased their target price on shares of ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO) from C$6.75 to C$7.00 and gave the stock an “outperform” rating in a research report on Thursday, November 12th.”
Per that same source,
- “The stock has a market cap of C$1.54 billion and a price-to-earnings ratio of -647.00. The company has a current ratio of 3.86, a quick ratio of 2.90 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 69.33. The firm has a fifty day simple moving average of C$6.12 and a 200-day simple moving average of C$5.20.
- ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO) (TSE:ECN) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, November 11th. The company reported C$0.13 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of C$0.12 by C$0.01. The firm had revenue of C$92.60 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of C$89.37 million. On average, equities analysts predict that ECN Capital Corp. will post 0.4807373 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
- The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Thursday, December 31st. Investors of record on Thursday, December 31st were issued a $0.025 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Monday, December 14th. This represents a $0.10 annualized dividend and a yield of 1.58%. ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO)’s dividend payout ratio is currently -737.48%.”
ECN Capital Corp. (ECN.TO) Company Profile
“ECN Capital Corp. originates, manages, and advises on prime consumer credit portfolios primarily in the United States. The company operates through Service Finance-Home Improvement Loans; KG – Consumer Credit Card Portfolios and Related Financial Products; and Triad Financial Services – Manufactured Home Loans segments.” As the featured image graphic below reflects, the firm has been in business since 1959.
The Yahoo Finance’s 1 year graphic shown below reflects much the same overview.
That makes for a good opportunity to make tonight’s featured focus a more specific look at Triad Financial Services (TFS), based upon official sources. New reader? The featured focus will follow the left-right headlines, and two of our three market summary graphics at the closing bell. The manufactured home industry connected stocks-at-a-glance graphic information follows the featured focus and related reports.
Quotes That Shed Light – Industry, American, Social, National Issues…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Sounding the alarm
- A supporter of U.S. President Donald Trump wears an American flag cowboy hat in front of the U.S. Capitol in Washington D.C., U.S. on Monday, Jan. 4, 2021. The non-stop drama of 2020 is bleeding into the first week of the new year, with a pivotal election in Georgia, promises of protests in the streets and President Trump’s dragged-out fight over the November vote threatening to tear apart the Republican Party.
- Business leaders, investors and economists say they fear Democracy is now under attack
- At stake in the Georgia Senate races: The future of America’s economy
- Analysis: Trump and his base rally around conspiracy theories as Georgia votes
- CNN speaks to Trump supporters about Trump’s election lies
- The 2 big reasons stocks are struggling as 2021 kicks off
- Ex-Trump adviser Gary Cohn joins IBM as vice chairman
- Oil soars near $50 after OPEC and Russia agree to roll over production cuts
- Wall Street reverses plan to kick out Chinese telecom companies
- You can buy an FDA-approved Covid-19 test on Amazon
- Adobe Flash Player is officially dead. Here’s how to uninstall it
- Shake Shack brings Korean Fried Chicken to the chicken sandwich wars
- The new trend for weddings: tiny ‘Covid cakes’
- Microsoft to chipmaker AMD: Please help us!
- A person wearing a protective mask looks at vehicles for sale at a General Motors Co. Buick and GMC car dealership in Woodbridge, New Jersey, U.S, on Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Governor Phil Murphy has lifted restrictions on in-person auto sales, provided the businesses follow social distancing guidelines, NBC reported.
- Americans are buying cars again
- Windows 10 is rumored to be getting a major redesign. Don’t screw this up, Microsoft!
- Tesla cars stand at a Tesla Supercharger charging station on August 12, 2020 in Skei, Norway. Norway has the highest percentage of electric cars per capita in the world. In March, 2020, all-electric electric car sales accounted for 55.9% of new car sales.
- Electric cars hit record 54% of sales in Norway as VW overtakes Tesla
- FAST FOOD WARS
- McDonald’s adds three new sandwiches to compete in chicken wars
- Pizza Hut rolls out a new stuffed crust
- Chipotle adds cauliflower rice to its menu
- Taco Bell brings back Nacho Fries
- McDonald’s Happy Meals could get more expensive next year
- People wearing face masks walk by Bitcoin shop in Krakow, Poland on January 2, 2021.
- Bitcoin’s rally could be a sign of what’s in store for markets in 2021
- Why Anthony Scaramucci is a bitcoin mega-bull
- Bitcoin soars past $33,000, its highest ever
- Most prominent crypto exchange aims to go public
- What you need to know before investing in cryptocurrency
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Trump Backers Rally in Washington Ahead of Vote Certification
- Trump supporters are massing in Washington as Congress prepares for a Wednesday vote to certify Electoral College tallies. The president claims the election was stolen from him through a massive fraud, and his backers are convinced he, not Joe Biden, should occupy the Oval Office come Jan. 20.
- Election 2021
- Biggs to Newsmax TV: ‘Constitution Allows’ for Electoral Vote Challenge
- With US Senate at Stake, Georgia Votes in Runoff Elections
- Trump: VP Can Reject Fraudulently Chosen Electors
- Michael Waltz to Newsmax TV: GOP Holding ‘Last Stand’ in Congress Over 2020 Election
- Trump Announces Loeffler, Perdue Both Oppose Certification
- NY Times: Pence Says He Wants Electoral Issues Raised, but Has No Authority to Change Votes
- Judge Denies Trump Bid to Invalidate Georgia Election Result
- Georgia Election Official Announces He’s Voting for Loeffler, Perdue
- The Trump Presidency
- New Top Federal Prosecutor Tapped in Atlanta to Replace Trump Appointee Who Abruptly Resigned
- US: Hack of Federal Agencies ‘Likely Russian in Origin’
- Iran Seeking Trump’s Arrest for Death of Soleimani
- Judge Blocks Trump Sanctions on Human Rights Lawyers, War Crimes Tribunal
- WH Downplays Reports Trump May Go to Scotland Day Before Inauguration
- In Farewell, DeVos Urges Congress to Reject Biden’s Policies
- WH: Breakthrough Reached in Gulf Dispute With Qatar
- Attorneys Want DOJ Sanctioned Over Census Data
- WHO Chief ‘Very Disappointed’ China Has Not Let In Coronavirus Experts
- The head of the World Health Organization is “very disappointed” that China has still not authorized the entry of a team of international experts to examine the origins of the coronavirus.”
- Related Stories
- Police: Pharmacist Who Destroyed Vaccines Was ‘Conspiracy Theorist’
- Gizzi: Rep. Moore’s Return to Support Pelosi May Have Spread COVID, Members Charge
- FDA Objects to COVID Vaccine Dosage Changes
- Ambulance Crews in L.A. County Told to Cut Back on Transporting Patients
- Hospital Quickly Vaccinates Any and All After Freezer Breaks
- Hawley: Antifa Threatened My Family at Home
- Josh Hawley, R-Mo., says that a group of “Antifa scumbags”
- Iran Denies Holding SKorean Ship, Crew as Hostages
- Iran denied on Tuesday it was using a South Korean ship and its crew
- Mexican President Offers Assange Asylum
- Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador on Monday offered
- Johnson: NBC’s Todd ‘Unprofessional’ for Insult
- Amazon’s Bezos Tops List of Richest Charitable Gifts in 2020
- The world’s richest person made the single-largest charitable contribution in 2020, according to The Chronicle of Philanthropy’s annual list of top donations – a $10 billion gift that is intended to help fight climate change…
- Bankruptcy Filings Hit 35-Year Low Thanks to Government Pandemic Aid
- Saudis Surprise Oil Market With Big Unilateral Production Cut
- Maryland Lawmaker Hoping to Push Through Digital Advertising Tax
- A $21 Billion Wager on Who’ll Build the Apple Car
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus –
Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
Triad Financial Services reported the following results, via ECN Capital’s investor relations slides linked below.
Adjusted operating income before tax in Q3 of $8.9 million; up ~15% Y/Y
- Q3 Originations up ~18%
- Triad continues add and diversify funding Partners
- 12 new partners added YTD with full servicing
- Fannie Mae approved for land/home
- Triad’s first Insurance funding partner signed
- Fully funded for 2021
- HFT assets increased due to loans originated on behalf of partners under portfolio sale agreements
- $10 million portfolio sold after quarter end
- Expect ~$20 million HFT assets at year-end following additional sales in Q4
- Floorplan (FP) at ~$116 million at Q3
- FP 30+ Delinquencies 0.4%; losses 0%
- FP realized yield of ~8.5% in Q3
Approvals accelerated through the quarter – increases confidence in forward originations
- High margin core program approvals +51% in Q3 driving overall growth
- Expanded land home program approvals averaging ~$22 million per month; on pace for $150 – $200 million of originations in 2021
- Originations benefiting from increased approvals and expanded product offerings
- Delivered on Investor Day goal for expanded land home program
- Backlog of fully completed loans awaiting home completion has doubled YoY to $76 million at quarter end
Perhaps one of the most interesting points in the era of COVID19 is the following snapshot.
Portfolio Credit Trends
On behalf of bank partners, Triad implemented short-term payment deferment plans beginning in March
• Typically a 2-3 month extension, which is added to the end of the loan
• Total deferments not making payments peaked at 1.2% of balances and have fallen to 0.0% in Sep
- 30+ day delinquency slightly elevated due to Covid-19 but within operating ranges
- No change in loan losses
The complete ECN slide deck is found at this link here.
Additional information on 2020 COVID19 era performance in manufactured housing are found in the reports that follow.
Related, Recent, and Read Hot Reports
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.