As longtime readers of this evening report know, this report has evolved from the early days of our daily reporting. In more recent years, we not only provide readers with the closing tickers for manufactured home industry-connected equities, but we also give a snapshot of the broader markets. Furthermore, in our spotlight, we look at issues that may be political, economic, or industry specific which move investors. Tonight’s focus report is very industry specific, ECN Capital, the parent company to one of the most enduring firms in all of manufactured housing, Triad Financial Services (Triad, or TFS).
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Kroger and Walgreens go green
- Shoppers in a handful of states will soon be able to reuse these common household goods
- What did Huawei do to land in such hot water with the US?
- Huawei could be the first big casualty of China’s clash with America
- The US-China trade war hurts American families
- LIVE UPDATES Dow jumps 197 points; Kohl’s plunges 12%
- Tampax introduces its first organic tampon
- Why American steel stocks plummeted in the past year, despite tariffs
- BP resists calls to match Shell’s climate change goals
- For the first time, Amazon faces an enormous slate of shareholder proposals
- Despite a bold approach, Kohl’s struggles to escape department store woes
- Fresh out of office, former Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel jumps from politics into media
- Why Corporate America’s mountain of debt matters
- Fox News host privately encouraged Trump to pardon servicemen accused of war crimes
- Meet the 31-year-old CEO trying to revolutionize real estate investing
- LONDON, ENGLAND – APRIL 29: A general view of Jamie Oliver’s restaurant chain Jamie’s Italian near the Angel on April 29, 2018 in London, England.
- Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s restaurant chain collapses
- Nike and Adidas to Trump: Tariffs on shoes would be ‘catastrophic’
- Rent the Runway investor: VCs should back more woman-led firms
- Dressbarn is going out of business
- Kohl’s stock sinks after sour earnings
- JCPenney lost $154 million last quarter
- Discount chain Fred’s is closing 104 more stores
- Payless is closing all its 2,100 US stores
- Coca-Cola is bringing back New Coke
- Coke launches first new flavor in years: Orange Vanilla
- These new Coke bottles look like Star Wars droids
- PepsiCo’s latest green product is a high-tech water cooler
- How Coca-Cola plans to help fix recycling
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Trump prepares another round of farmer aid as US-China trade tensions escalate
- GM, Ford are shrinking their workforces. Here’s why.
- Apple’s stock is having its worst month of the year. Here’s why
- Huawei founder: US government ‘underestimated our power’
- California sues Trump administration for pulling high-speed rail funds
- Bill Gates suggests you read these five books this summer
- WATCH: Mini Ocasio-Cortez impersonator is a viral sensation but hasn’t earned a single dollar, she says[overlay type]
- WATCH: Mini Ocasio-Cortez impersonator is a viral sensation but hasn’t earned a single dollar, she says
- Trump’s Pennsylvania rallies are a better indicator than polls: Former GOP pollster
- 10 best beach towns to retire in the US
- Tesla stock slashed from $97 to $10 in worst-scenario, Morgan Stanley says
- Trump still wants to end carried interest tax benefits
- IRS to auction off hundreds of gold, silver coins seized from tax evader
- Retail apocalypse? US-China tariffs could cause 12,000 stores to close: UBS
- Bad reasons to claim Social Security early
- Economic war with China about to go to ‘another level,’ Steve Bannon says
- ‘Fight for $15’ protesters file sexual harassment charges against McDonald’s
- Bernie Sanders to attend Walmart shareholders meeting, call for employee representation on board
- Bird strike reportedly suspected of having role in deadly Ethiopian Airlines Boeing 737 Max crash
- Coca-Cola is bringing back New Coke thanks to Netflix’s ‘Stranger Things’
- Urban Outfitters announces new monthly clothing rental service
- Californians ‘very stretched economically,’ significant numbers fleeing: survey
- Trump doesn’t want a war with Iran, Admiral William McRaven says
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
From their investor package the reported their 1st quarter results, are the first three bullets below.
- Following its inception in 2016, ECN Capital transitioned from a balance sheet lender to a manager of balance sheet light lending services.
- Over the last 2+ years, ECN has divested or wound down its legacy lending assets and acquired three asset light services companies.
- Today, ECN is an asset manager that owns business services providers operating fee-based, asset-light models through which it originates, manages and advises on prime credit portfolios for its bank customers.
From the Triad Financial Services portion of their investor relations, first quarter results published May 8, 2019, we see this.
“Manufactured Housing Industry positioned for increasing shipment rates as an affordable housing solution.”
That’s arguably true, but in fact the industry is in a 7-month downturn. The MHProNews/MHLivingNews analysis based upon news tips, fact-checks, and background research reveals that many of the industry’s struggles are internal ones.
Nevertheless, Triad/ECN has managed to achieve growth during a time when other outside of the communities’ sector have struggled with. That’s to their credit.
It should be noted that since Don Glisson, Jr. Triad’s president, stepped down as the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) chairmanship, each of the next three MHI chairman have had one or more legal, regulatory and other clouds of them and/or their firms.
By contrast, Triad has seemingly been squeaky clean. They are an apparent white hat firm in a trade group that has several high-profile ‘black hats.’
Back to the ECN presentation, we see:
“Floorplan initiatives showing progress on increased core MH market share,” per Triad/ECN.
Also: “Servicing penetration continues to rise leading to increased ongoing revenue streams.”
The entire ECN May presentation is linked here as a download. A prior ECN/Triad report is below.
MHProNews has no position in the firm, nor others in the evening market report. These are reports and industry insights found published by no one else in manufactured housing. Maybe that’s why we are the runaway #1?
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.