The holidays are upon us. Thanksgiving is less than a week away. Many are thinking about time off, family, and friends. So, this evening our feature is a non-MH industry retailer that has published a book that in some ways captures their firm’s corporate culture, which is quite faith driven. Given a highly secularized society, this dose of tonic may be useful inspiration and will be our featured item following our left-right news summaries plus our evening market summary graphics.
Regular readers please note there are a few tweaks to some of the standard portions of our evening market/investing report. Read carefully as some changes of the ‘standard text’ that follows before our left-right headlines and also in other features near the end of tonight’s reports.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business.
- Here’s how the mass layoffs went down at WeWork, the once high-flying startup
- The $4 trillion force propelling US stocks to record highs
- The US-China trade war isn’t getting better. This week showed why it could get worse
- ANALYSIS Tesla’s Cybertruck has become the butt of every internet joke
- Tesla’s Cybertruck looks straight out of the 70s. Here’s why
- GM’s electric pickup truck to go on sale in 2021
- Angry savers emailed Janet Yellen: We’re getting crushed by low rates
- China can go carbon neutral by 2050 while still growing its economy: report
- Google changed its political ad policies. Now comes the hard part
- Democrats blast Google’s new rules for political ads
- Some Google Stadia customers say their Chromecasts are overheating
- Shep Smith slams vilification of the press in first remarks since leaving Fox
- 9 cards charging 0% interest until 2021
- Tesla reveals its new electric pickup, and breaks ‘unbreakable’ windows
- ‘Frozen 2’ is about to break more records for Disney
- Troubled tuna seller Bumble Bee files for bankruptcy
- Victoria’s Secret is canceling its fashion show
- The Victoria’s Secret slump continues
- Time may be running out for Victoria’s Secret
- Hedge fund wants L Brands to spin off Victoria’s Secret
- Victoria’s Secret head of stores is stepping down
- Star Wars ‘Baby Yoda’ toys are coming to a store near you
- Hasbro needs you to buy ‘Frozen 2’ and ‘Star Wars’ toys
- These are the creepiest holiday gifts of 2019
- American Girl’s holiday doll costs $5,000 and is covered in Swarovski crystals
- Toys ‘R’ Us has something you can’t buy on Amazon
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business.
- News exec allegedly fired for having ‘negative attitude’ after infant’s death
- When she returned to work, her supervisor allegedly told her she was causing her colleagues “to suffer ‘low morale.'”
- How much Iran government ordered to pay for detaining journalist
- Trump planning to slash prescription medicine prices in some states
- Nike snubs one NFL team with this year’s ‘Salute to Service’ hoodies
- KNOCKED OFF THRONE: Scandal-ridden Prince Andrew thrown out of Buckingham
- The reality of estate sales, and how to handle them
- First-ever Marvel comic sells for eye-popping price, smashes record
- Boeing’s top communications official out as 737 MAX crisis spirals
- FCC order is bad news for Chinese tech giant Huawei
- Contestant lost out on $10,000 because she said this three-letter word
- New tech in casinos could spell disaster
- KISS THAT MONEY GOODBYE
- New tech in casinos could spell disaster
- Trump hits back at China’s Xi on ‘very close’ trade deal
- Judge: Covington Catholic teen can go ahead with MASSIVE suit against NBC
- Fat cat fundraiser starring Obama begs donors to ‘give so much it hurts’: report
- Highest paid athlete of all time announces startling comeback
- You haven’t seen the last of Michael Jackson
- Pennsylvania will spend millions to see if fracking causes rare cancer
- Stocks rally, but snap weekly winning streak
- Apple’s App Store reportedly sick hunting ground for creeps preying on kids
- ‘SENSE OF DUTY’: Comedian-turned-talk show host mulls run for governor
- Franklin Graham defends Chick-fil-A from conservative Christian crusade
- SHOW YOURSELF: Hong Kong reinstates mask ban ahead of elections
- McDonald’s worker allegedly attacked after refusing to give boys free food
- New York Yankees have 325 million reasons to be concerned about future
- Here’s what wealth tax would mean for non-billionaires
- Hobby Lobby president says key to success is having these ‘priorities right’
- Ray Dalio fires back over hedge fund’s reported $1.5 billion bet
- VARNEY: Special socialist relationship between US and UK grows
- EXCLUSIVE: Ex-Trump adviser Carter Page says Democrats pushing ‘fake news’
- EXCLUSIVE: PayPal unveils holiday windows in New York
- Warby Parker’s new vision for affordable eyewear
- Elon Musk’s Tesla Cybertruck shattered dreams
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics, and Investing Meet
Hobby Lobby President Steve Green doesn’t shy away from proclaiming the Christian faith his business revolves around. We often provide summaries, this is best to let Green speak for himself.
With the faith angle in mind, and to give some time to our friends in business who are Jewish, a related topic would be the allegations swirling around Google/YouTube.
Per Prager University’s YouTube page:
- Google’s vice president of global government affairs and public policy, Karan Bhatia, said PragerU’s video on the 10 Commandments is restricted because it contains the word “murder.” You know, as in “Thou Shalt Not Murder.”
While the focus on this is faith-based, don’t forget that there are allegations that it goes well beyond religious or so-called ‘hate’ topics. Businesses are alleging that the tech giants, not just the Alphabet brands, are rigging their algorithms in a fashion that favors themselves and/or favored companies.
Three words. “Break them up” under antitrust law. We are arguably living in the second Gilded age. That’s why antitrust laws were created.
Then, along side breakups of these monopolistic companies, make them pay damages for the economic, political and social harm done under other existing laws. See more, below.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary. Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.