In a news update from the Texas Manufactured Housing Association (TMHA) to MHProNews was the following report on May 3, 2021.
TMHA created a monthly tracking tool to see how HUD Code manufactured home builders perform when compared to the broader conventional housing market.
In April the answer was a sobering wake of call for investors and conscientious publicly traded companies board members.
Manufactured housing stocks dipped, while conventional building funds outperformed publicly traded MHI member brands as well as the broader S&P index.
Note: in many browsers, clicking the image below
once, and then clicking the imagine in the window that opens again,
will reveal a larger version of this same graphic.
The typos below are in the original from the TMHA (in fairness, we get them too).
The Manufactured Home Builders Stock Index (MHBI) is a capitalization-weighted index developed by TMHA that inlcudes publicly traded companies whose primary line of business is the construction and sale of manufactured housing.
iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB)
The iShares U.S. Home Construction ETF (ITB) is included for comparison sake to show how the Manufactured Home Builders Stock Index is doing relative to a broad index of the overall residential construction sector. The ITB index includes some of the same manufactured home companies as the MHBI, but the weights within each are very different.
SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY)
The SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust (SPY) is included as a market benchmark to see how manufactured home builders are doing in comparison to the broader US equity market.”
Texas is one of the top states that is still trailing their 2020 results. It has long been the number one production and shipment state in the U.S.
The stock track above and other linked trends are but the latest reasons for the white hat independents at MHI to question and then dump the leadership of the black hats that arguably lead the organization.
The TMHA data above creates added context for the information that follows.
Programing Notice: beyond the reports linked above and below, there is a special report pending on new insider data.
Those insider data-points and related factual revelations will reveal several problems that the Berkshire Hathaway brands that dominate the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) have arguably been ‘covering up.’ Stay tuned for another exclusive found only on MHProNews.
Notice 2: While the arrangement or layout of this report has been modified, several elements of the basic concepts used before are still the same. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market moving’ reports.
Buffett mentions Clayton Homes and their builders in the
context of inflation in the video above.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- Record gun sales
- Maxon Shooters
- Background checks surge in a surprising state thanks to rising crime and regulation threats
- Ethereum’s 27-year-old creator is now a billionaire
- Ethereum is leaving bitcoin in the crypto dust
- Want to invest in crypto? Here’s what you need to know
- WTF is a SPAC?
- Why Amazon and Alphabet may need to split their high-priced stocks
- Goldman Sachs wants its US workers back in the office next month
- American factories are desperate for workers. It’s a $1 trillion problem
- Walmart’s online store isn’t profitable. Now it’s borrowing from Amazon’s playbook
- What you need to know about the board deciding Trump’s fate on Facebook
- Attorneys in Gates divorce also worked on Bezos split
- Zoom CEO: My advice for remote workers who are on video meetings all day
- The world’s largest jewelry brand is ditching mined diamonds
- This is what Burger King’s experimental new packaging looks like
- Anyone can use this powerful facial-recognition tool — and that’s a problem
- This was Bill and Melinda Gates in 1993 after getting engaged
- Disney unveils a real-life lightsaber
- BUSINESS EVOLVED
- electronic skin (e-skin) developed by Takao Someya Group/University of Tokyo
- Wearable electronic skin could monitor your health
- Forget SUVs. These auto makers think tiny electric cars are the next big thing
- This new artificial heart responds to the patient
- This water meter can shut off leaks before they cause damage
- BEYOND EARTH
- Three of the four Apollo 13 Flight Directors applaud the successful splashdown of the Command Module “Odyssey” while Dr. Robert R. Gilruth, Director, Manned Spacecraft Center (MSC), and Dr. Christopher C. Kraft Jr., MSC Deputy Director, light up cigars (upper left). The Flight Directors are from left to right: Gerald D. Griffin, Eugene F. Kranz and Glynn S. Lunney.
- How NASA’s Apollo program kicked off Silicon Valley’s tech revolution
- Jeff Bezos just sold $1.8 billion worth of Amazon stock. Here’s why
- Bill Nye’s experimental spacecraft that sails on sunlight declares mission success
- SpaceX’s massive Starship prototype lifts off
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax
- Programing conscientious publicly traded companies board members.
- House GOP Leader McCarthy Renews Criticism Over MLB Moving All-Star Game
- The Biden Presidency
- Biden Hopes to Meet Putin During June Trip to Europe
- Biden Sets July 4 Goal for 70% of US Adults to Have One Vaccine Shot
- Fallon To Newsmax TV: Raising Migration Cap ‘Makes No Sense,’ Will Benefit Cartels |
- Treasury Chief Sees ‘Modest’ Rate Rise to Keep Economy From Overheating
- Cawthorn: Biden Tax Hikes Will ‘Lead to a Recession’
- GOP House Members Urge Senate to Reject Chipman as ATF Director
- Steyer Pushing Private Sector on Biden’s Climate Agenda
- Teachers Union Influence Over CDC ‘Science’ Slammed by Critics
- Murkowski: US Must Pay Greater Attention to Arctic
- Hawley: No Republicans Back ‘Socialism’ in Infrastructure Plan
- More The Biden Presidency
- Athletes Won’t Be Able to Wear BLM Clothing at Tokyo Games
- Black Lives Matter apparel is banned at the Sumner Olympics. The International Olympic Committee has announced, however, that while the BLM will be banned from athletes’ clothing, generic words like “peace,” “respect,” solidarity…
- 19 Dead, Hundreds Wounded as Anti-Tax Protests Rage in Colombia
- Colombia’s new finance minister struck a conciliatory tone as violent
- Caitlyn Jenner Rails Against ‘Career Politicians’ in 1st Campaign Video
- Caitlyn Jenner, the former Olympic champion and reality TV star
- Melinda Gates: Marriage to Bill Gates ‘Irretrievably Broken’
- Melinda Gates made the decision to divorce Bill Gates because their
- RNC’s McDaniel Warns GOP: Don’t Get Comfortable About 2022
- Republicans should not get comfortable when it comes to retaking the
- Can We Ever Trust Our Public Health Officials Again?
- Healthcare institutions who’ve historically enjoyed a high level of
- Biden’s Disturbing Plan to ‘Reset’ America
- SPONSOR: Details of IMFs dangerous agenda to ‘reset’ the U.S. dollar
- Liz Cheney and the GOP’s Bad Breakup
- House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., could lose her
- Pfizer Plans to File For Full FDA Approval of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Pfizer announced Tuesday it is preparing to file for full FDA
- The Truth About What Happens After You’re Arrested
- SPONSOR: Dont risk jail, or worse!
- FAA: 1,300 Unruly Passengers Reported Since February
- The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said on Monday that
- Charlie Crist, Former GOP Florida Gov., Now Runs as Democrat
- S. Rep. Charlie Crist, who was Florida’s Republican governor for a
- Democrats in Panic After Biblical Remedy is Exposed. Watch This Video
- Chauvin Juror Pre-Trial Actions Spark Questions About Guilty Verdict
- A juror in the Derek Chauvin trial may have put the guilty verdict in
- Pandemic-Prompted Decline of Cities May Be Reversing
- Fears that U.S. cities would be emptied by the coronavirus pandemic
- GOP Lawmakers Seek Probe of Amazon’s JEDI Contract Actions
- Lawmakers Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, and Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., are
- NRCC Targets 10 Additional House Dems for 2022
- The National Republican Congressional Committee is targeting 10
- Top General Drops Opposition to Sex Assault Policy Change
- In a potentially significant shift in the debate over combating
- Netanyahu’s Mandate to Form Government Set to Expire
- A deadline for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to form a new
- Bill and Melinda Gates Ending 27-Year Marriage
- Billionaire Bill Gates and Melinda Gates said in a joint statement on
- Bill and Melinda Reportedly Have No Prenup on Division of Billions
- Former Acting Defense Secretary Calls Mysterious Attacks ‘an Act of War’
- Former Acting Defense Secretary Calls Mysterious Attacks ‘an Act of War’
- A slew of mysterious attacks against U.S. government personnel that
- Critical Race Theory Teaches Kids ‘All That’s Bad in American History’
- Schools could soon be rewarded for incorporating a controversial
- Mexico City Metro Train Plunges Onto Road; 23 Dead
- An elevated section of the Mexico City metro collapsed and sent a
- Andrew Giuliani to Newsmax TV: Raid on Father ‘Goes Right to the Top’
- The FBI raid on former President Donald Trump attorney Rudy
- Storms Spawn Twisters in Mississippi, Kill Driver in Georgia
- Severe storms spawning multiple tornadoes moved across the South on
- Hall of Fame Gymnastics Coaches Accused of Mass Abuse
- Hall of Fame gymnastics coach Bela Karolyi and his wife, Marta, have
- FDA Expected to OK Pfizer Vaccine for Teens Within Week
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is expected to authorize
- Eric Trump to Newsmax TV: Biden Can’t Match Father’s Energy
- Former President Trump has always been an “Energizer Bunny,”
- Climate Czar John Kerry Raked in Energy Sector Millions
- John Kerry, the Biden administration’s climate czar, made millions
- Experts Call Low Police Vaccination Rates a Public Risk
- Vaccination rates among police officers are lower than the general
- FBI: Record Gun Buying Hits 16th Consecutive Month
- America is locked in to a 16 straight months of record gun sales,
- NJ’s Pine Valley Golf Club Grants Women Full Access
- Pine Valley Golf Club in southern New Jersey recently voted to allow
- Judge to Rule Early Next Week in NRA Bankruptcy Trial
- Are the leaders of the National Rifle Association abusing the legal
- Former Fox News Host is Back with a Shocking Interview. Click Here.
- The Oxford Communique
- More Newsfront
- Yellen Sees ‘Modest’ Rate Rise to Keep Economy From Overheating
- Without specifying a timeframe, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said interest rates might have to rise modestly to prevent the U.S. economy from overheating due to higher levels of government spending.
- Biden Tax Rule Would Rip Billions From Biggest Fortunes at Death
- Walgreens Teams up with DoorDash, Uber to Roll out Same-day Delivery
- GOP Rep. Kevin Brady: Biden’s Proposed Taxes Will Punish the Economy
- Powell Sees Need to Help Most Vulnerable in Uneven Recovery
- More Finance
- Your COVID-19 Booster May Be Patch or Pill
- Researchers are looking into the next generation of COVID-19 vaccines which may take a different form than the shots currently available…
- Many Older Americans Aren’t Telling Their Doctors They Use Pot
- Many Americans Wrong About Sun’s Skin Cancer Dangers: Poll
- Loneliness Increases Cancer Risk in Middle-Aged Men
- 4 Things You Are Doing That Put 10 Years on Your Life
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHLivingNews.com.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.