When the cost of crude oil goes up or down, sooner or later, the cost for transporting a manufactured home will also routinely rise or fall. So, this evening’s market focus is on the literally explosive situation off the Iranian coast near the Straights of Hormuz, where much of the world’s Middle Eastern oil is transported through.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
- A telling reaction
- The oil market didn’t react much to the tanker attacks in Oman. Here’s why
- Oil up 4% after two tankers were attacked off Iran’s coast
- Why the Strait of Hormuz is so important
- GE could sell its stake in dozens of startups
- Spotify is betting big on podcasts. Its new redesign shows just how much
- Callaway Golf’s stock soars after activist discloses big stake and pushes for sale
- Rivals Microsoft and Oracle are teaming up to take on Amazon Web Services
- New ‘megatrend’ ETFs let you invest in everything that’s cool
- Britain’s wildly popular Monzo banking app is coming to America
- UK government may intervene in Saudi investment into London papers
- What is Truist? Soon it’ll be one of America’s biggest banks
- Southwest Airlines extends flight cancellations through September 2 because of Boeing 737 Max grounding
- House Intel chair sounds alarm in Congress’ first hearing on deepfakes
- First on CNN Business: 600 companies including Walmart, Costco and Target warn Trump on tariffs
- These companies could save the IPO market
- Marly Higgins Driskell is a certified master newborn care specialist in Houston.
- What it takes to be a $200,000-a-year nanny
- A production model of the Samsung Galaxy Fold Tablet smartphone can be seen at a presentation.
- AT&T cancels preorders for Samsung Galaxy Fold, patents stretchable phone
- Google releases first photo of the Pixel 4
- Huawei exec says it has to ‘wait a little bit longer’ to become the world’s biggest smartphone brand
- Huawei phones will no longer come with Facebook apps
- The iPhone’s new dark mode: Why you should care
- KFC are officially trialling a vegan burger, known as the 'Imposter Burger.'
- KFC is launching a vegan chicken burger in the UK
- Even Tyson is getting in on the plant-based meat craze
- Beyond Meat’s stock is up nearly 500%. That’s really too good to be true
- Beyond Meat introduces new, meatier burger patty
- Burger King’s Impossible Whopper arrives in San Francisco
- American Airlines, Southwest shares surge after fare increases
- Tesla’s request for China tariff relief denied by Trump administration: Report
- Colorado’s marijuana revenue surpasses $1B
- Trump says Sarah Sanders will leave White House at the end of June
- Great Recession still hurting? 23% of Americans say their financial situation is ‘worse’ now
- Colorado’s marijuana revenue surpasses $1B
- Venezuela to issue 50,000 bolivar bill, equivalent to about $8
- Atlanta Braves stadium to get new name after BB&T-SunTrust merger
- Social Security can boost your retirement savings, here’s how
- Tax revenues to grow 50% over next decade: Rep. Brady
- OJ Simpson murder case, 25 years later: Ron Goldman’s father details baffling ‘confession’
- Retirees across the world will outlive their savings by years, report says
- Hatch Act violation would have gotten me fired: Fmr. Obama adviser Valerie Jarrett
- Universal Orlando’s much anticipated $300M ‘Harry Potter’ roller coaster is now open
- AOC, Bernie Sanders skewer Amazon Prime’s new credit card: We ‘intend to outlaw it’
- Chobani to pay Idaho school district’s $85,000 lunch debt
- NBA Finals Game 6 ticket prices at record levels for Warriors’ last game at Oracle Arena
- Ben Carson rips red tape behind the soaring housing costs
- DNC spending more than it’s raising ahead of 2020 election
- Will Kamala Harris prosecute President Trump?
- 2019 ‘Pig Book’ finds government’s pork addiction getting worse
- Like oil and gas dominance, America can win rare earth production
- Trump defends remarks about taking foreign government intel on rivals
- Sanders’ socialism vs. Biden’s nostalgia
- How this Eagle Scout earned 138 badges
Today’s markets and stocks snapshot, at the closing bell…
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
· Attacks on tanker ships near the world’s busiest sea lane for oil shipments send oil prices sharply higher, partially reversing a deep slump in crude futures.
· Tankers the Front Altair and the Kokuka Courageous have sustained significant damage in the Gulf of Oman, and their crews have been evacuated.
· The strikes come against a backdrop of heightened tension between the U.S. and Iran and follow last month’s attacks on four tanker ships in the Middle East.
This oil spike graphic tells the tale at a glance.
Not only is transport cost of a manufactured home from the production center to a retailer or community impacted by a rise in oil prices, but also the cost of any secondary moves from a retailer to the home buyer’s site is impacted too.
Furthermore, products are transported to the production center, so those costs will ultimately be passed along too.
The Daily Business News on MHProNews will monitor these developments.
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.