There’s plenty of reasons why manufactured housing ought to be performing much better than it has been. The report featured this evening is about a survey by BankRate. Properly understood, their data could be added to the list of reasons why much more sales growth is possible. On a day when the markets took a slide, our focus tonight is a possible silver-lining to can-do manufactured housing professionals, per data about mainstream housing that is reported by CNBC.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Bob Iger’s millions get the green light
- Disney shareholders narrowly approve CEO’s compensation package
- Europe will fight Mark Zuckerberg’s plan for Facebook
- Facebook’s plan to put ‘privacy first’ could create new problems
- Tim Cook adopts the nickname he just got from Trump
- GM is gone. Now come 3D printers and robots
- Scenes from a GM plant closing
- Martin Shkreli continues to run business from prison, report says
- What to expect in the February jobs report
- US markets fall for fourth straight day
- When is the best time to sell a stock?
- Airbnb acquires last-minute hotel booking app HotelTonight
- Europe’s central bank pushes back interest rate hikes as economy slows
- To understand the impact of Trump’s tariffs, look to Ohio
- Content by LendingTree
- How to pay off your house ASAP
- SpaceX Crew Dragon capsule, built to carry humans, is set to return home
- Charlotte Russe store in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Charlotte Russe will liquidate and close all of its stores
- Athleta may be the new Gap’s best hope for survival
- Children’s Place and Gap are buying most of what’s left of bankrupt Gymboree
- What Old Navy’s spinoff says about America’s cheap clothing addiction
- The Gap will close its Fifth Avenue store in New York
- Flags line up outside of the Lordstown General Motors plant on March 5, 2019. The plant is closing on Wednesday.
- As GM’s Lordstown plant idles, an iconic American job nears extinction
- After 52 years, Lordstown must face life after GM
- Without GM, Lordstown, Ohio, will never be the same
- GM finds jobs for nearly 1,000 workers at closing plants
- General Motors is getting rid of these 6 cars
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX plans go up in smoke as Pentagon investigation of pot smoking nears end
- Report shows US employers cut more jobs last month than in past 3.5 years
- Carson: 3D printed houses cheaper, faster, more resilient than average buildings
- Sears sued by Stanley Black & Decker over Craftsman brand
- FCC halts T-Mobile, Sprint merger review
- Arnold Palmer Invitational: $9.1M purse up for grabs after Tiger Woods injury
- Here’s why some Democrats want to delay tax filing deadline
- Disney’s ‘Star Wars’ theme land to open in May, second one in August
- Super-sized fast food menus pose serious health risks: ‘Bar Rescue’s’ Jon Taffer
- ‘Ghost employees’ at center of Connecticut tax evasion scheme
- How much you really need to live comfortably in all 50 states
- Here are the best places to find a home for under $100,000
- Opinion: AOC’s socialist views: The worst part? We paid for them
- Second federal judge rejects census citizenship question, Secretary Ross asks for hearing delay
- Twitter execs ‘fully aware’ of inappropriate suspensions: Harmeet Dhillon
- Southern border is crisis of epic proportions: Former DHS agent
- The fight to bring Iran hostage Robert Levinson home to America
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
This is the Number 1 obstacle keeping people from buying a home, per BankRate and CNBC.
- Income shortfalls are the top reason why people aren’t buying homes, according to a survey from Bankrate.com
- Monthly cash flow is a key factor in determining whether you can afford a home.
- Forget student loans. Insufficient income is the No. 1 hurdle keeping many people from buying a home.
- More than half of the participants in a survey by Bankrate.com cited inadequate income as a barrier to homeownership.
- The personal finance site polled 2,668 adults between Jan. 30 and Feb. 1.
- In fact, when it comes to buying a home, income shortfalls are an even bigger roadblock than credit card and student debt, Bankrate.com found.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.
2) To pro-vide a News Tips and/or Commentary, click the link to the left. Please note if comments are on-or-off the record, thank you.