HUD Secretary Ben Carson is periodically featured on MHProNews for what should be obvious reasons. Among those is the fact that the agency he heads is the primary regulatory body for HUD Code manufactured housing. In a new video interview, Secretary Carson talks Opportunity Zones, President Trump and allegations of racism, plus he drops a surprising announcement. On a mixed day for MHVille equities, Secretary Carson’s insights will be in our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Zuckerberg’s about-face
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg speaks during the annual F8 summit at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California on May 1, 2018.
- Facebook made its name as a public forum. But its next step puts privacy at the forefront
- Lyft, Slack and Levi’s: What’s ahead for the IPO market in 2019
- Buyback backlash continues in Washington
- Chinese Tesla rival Nio warns of weak SUV demand and scraps factory plans
- A major investor says Elon Musk is essential to Tesla – but not necessarily as CEO
- PERSPECTIVES The secret to closing the nation’s skills gap: moms
- Huawei CFO’s extradition could take time because of Trump and politics, her lawyer says
- Trade deficit hits a 10-year high
- LIVE UPDATES Chico’s is closing as many as 80 stores this year
- Why Uber may buy its big rival in the Middle East
- Carlos Ghosn freed on bail after 108 days behind bars
- Mario Batali sells stake in his restaurant group
- Democrats say they will not hold debates on Fox News
- Content by LendingTree
- How to pay off your house ASAP
- This $3 million car could go 300 miles an hour
- Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores
- In a Kylie Jenner world, what does it mean to be a ‘self-made’ billionaire?
- Mark Zuckerberg’s net worth shrank by $9 billion last year
- China lost 161 billionaires because its markets tanked
- World’s billionaires grow $2.5 billion richer every day
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos top list of biggest philanthropists
- Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores
- Kohl’s is shrinking stores
- Victoria’s Secret keeps losing customers
- Payless is closing all its 2,100 US stores
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- As Facebook loses millions of users, Zuckerberg plans big, new shift[overlay]
- As Facebook loses millions of users, Zuckerberg plans big, new shift
- Nations piling on tax-big-US-tech companies bandwagon
- Exclusive: Biden moves even closer to announcing presidential bid as Bloomberg exits field
- Wall Street executives gear up to fundraise for Biden
- FDA chief resignation shocks drug industry as federal scrutiny grows
- Amazon to close its pop-up store locations[overlay type]
- Amazon to close its pop-up store locations
- A $50,000 salary goes furthest in these 5 US cities
- GM’s Ohio plant shuts down production after 50 years of operation
- New anti-AOC billboard slams Democrat over Green New Deal ‘boss’ comments
- How much you really need to live comfortably in all 50 states
- Last Blockbuster store on Earth located in US, as Australian location closes
- Best states for high-earners’ tax bills
- Dollar Tree to close nearly 400 Family Dollar stores, rebrand others
- Legendary economist on biggest socialism myth
- Michigan’s proposed fuel tax hike would make it highest in US
- Goldman Sachs eases traditional dress code, here’s a list of others it followed
- Abercrombie & Fitch shares spike after earnings beat, store closures
- New debate over impact of moderates in 2020 presidential race
- Top 5 jobs for millennials seeking 6-figure salaries
- With Manny Machado deal, Padres see $3M boost to ticket revenue: Report
- California’s failed bullet train: 100 billion reasons to return taxpayer money
- Varney: Dems may regret turning Ocasio-Cortez into a star
- Trish Regan: Michael Cohen is full of contradictions
- The legal battle over the resale of digital music
- Trend of virtual staging misleading homebuyers?
- Goldman Sachs relaxes dress code
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Newsmax TV is a right-of-center “Independent” media brand that positions itself as an alternative to Fox News.
Reportedly growing in popularity, Newsmax snagged another interview with HUD Secretary Carson.
Near the end, Carson drops what some will see as a surprising announcement. It was inexplicably not covered in the Washington, D.C. based Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI) ‘news’ to their readers and members earlier today.
Secretary Carson and the Trump Administration have arguably been friendlier to MHVille than any administration in the prior 16 years. See the related reports for more insights.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.