“West Texas Intermediate crude oil, the U.S. benchmark, plunged 67 percent over the past three months to settle at $20.48. Brent crude, the international benchmark, has tumbled 65 percent to $22.74 so far. Both drops are the biggest quarterly declines on record.”
FBN added, “We’ve got all the ingredients for a price crash,” Stephen Schork, founder and editor of the daily oil subscription newsletter The Schork Report, told FOX Business, adding that oil “could lose another 50 percent…”
That’s just one of so many areas of our economy during this tragic pandemic. As the energy sector is a source of demand for manufactured housing, it is a sobering point worth noting.
With that, our featured focus will be on a recent active shooter incident at another Clayton Homes plant than the one our morning’s report covered.
Every evening our headlines that follow provide snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum that reflect topics that influence or move investor sentiment. In moments on this business evening report, you can get ‘insights-at-a-glance.’
This report also sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “News through the lens of manufactured homes and factory-built housing” ©.
We begin with headlines left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
Perhaps more important, you will get insights about the industry from experts that care, but also dare to challenge the routine narrative that arguably keeps manufactured housing underperforming during an affordable housing crisis.
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business
- The world’s biggest economy has stopped
- A woman wears a mask as she crosses an empty street near the Los Angeles Convention Center in downtown Los Angeles California March 30, 2020. – The California National Guard is currently setting up the convention center as a field hospital to help lessen the strain on LA-area hospitals during the coronavirus crisis.
- It will be a devastating week for America — and there is no playbook
- LIVE UPDATES Dow closes out worst first quarter in history
- Worried farmers: What happens to our food supply if farmers can’t farm?
- Analysis: The Dow has spiked nearly 4,000 points in a week. That doesn’t mean the crisis is over
- Jobs: Goldman Sachs now expects US unemployment to hit 15%
- Safety: Walmart will start taking employees’ temperatures and let them wear masks
- Former Trump adviser: The government stimulus will save millions of jobs
- Gas: Average prices fall below $2 a gallon
- A warning: Pandemic could push 11 million people in Asia into poverty
- Updates: Doctors turn to Twitter and TikTok to share news
- OTHER TOP STORIES
- CNN anchor Chris Cuomo diagnosed with coronavirus
- How some investors have profited from the stock market’s huge losses
- In the Hamptons and Martha’s Vineyard, locals fear wealthy coronavirus refugees
- 7 tips to survive working from home with your spouse
- Facebook feature lets neighbors volunteer to help each other during pandemic
- Desk dining and mandatory health checks: How Huawei is returning to work
- Amazon fires warehouse worker who led Staten Island warehouse walkout
- What it’s like to be a worker on the front lines right now
- Opinion: Coronavirus will make the gender pay gap worse
- This company wants to turn your windows into solar panels
- PAYING THE BILLS
- Ryan and Jenn Greene on their honeymoon in Paris. The two, who live and work in the Bay Area in California, have lost income as a result of shutdowns to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
- These Americans say $1,200 isn’t enough. But it’s better than nothing
- What to do if you’re worried about paying bills
- How to use credit cards the right way
- Can’t pay your mortgage? Here are your options
- How to recession-proof your investments
- A NEW WAY TO WORK
- Here’s how to make the most of working from home
- It’s not too late to set up a decent home office
- How to ask for a more flexible schedule
- An etiquette guide for video conferencing at home
- How to work from home without losing your sanity
Headlines from right-of-center Fox Business
- Trump talks to top IT CEOs to make sure America stays connected during the coronavirus shut down
- The president thanked the CEOs and their staffs for their work to keep Americans connected during the pandemic.
- Real estate mogul: April 1 will feel like D-Day
- Dow, S&P 500 post worst March since the Great Depression
- Oil’s record coronavirus slide is nowhere near bottom
- Coronavirus pushes gas prices below $2 for first time in 4 years
- State-by-state resources for small biz
- Small business loans under coronavirus stimulus bill: What applicants need to know
- Trader Joe’s, Costco rolling out new policies
- Coronavirus: What is workplace retaliation?
- What it means to be ‘furloughed’ vs. fired
- Stores offering hours for at-risk shoppers
- 7 quick ways to shed financial risk now
- How you could get stimulus money faster
- UPDATED: Companies hiring right now
- FULL LIST: Businesses still open
- Can’t pay rent amid coronavirus outbreak? Here’s what you should do
- Internet trolls break into Zoom meetings while America works at home
- Yellen: Here’s what could tank coronavirus recovery
- Scams online looking to swipe your coronavirus relief check
- Senators urge US airlines to issue ticket refunds after bailout
- Land O’Lakes CEO: Americans shopping differently during coronavirus pandemic
- Why virus-triggered recession may be worse than ’08 crisis: analyst
- Tom Brady’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey number revealed
- NYPD buys $500K in coronavirus supplies; 5,000 members out sick
- Netflix series prompts Florida sheriff to seek new leads in 1997 cold case
- Coronavirus causes spike in sales of unexpected items at Lowes
- Stephen Moore: The US economy can recover — if Trump does this
- Lego pledges $50M to coronavirus-affected family charities
- Free Taco Bell offered during coronavirus shutdown
- How Elon Musk is taking on coronavirus
- Goldman Sachs offers 10 days paid family leave during coronavirus outbreak
- Major retailer bringing on thousands of new employees every day
- Ford boosts coronavirus medical supply production to aid workers in hotspots
- Trump wants coronavirus phase 4 stimulus to be $2T infrastructure bill
- Coronavirus forces SeaWorld to furlough over 90% of employees
- Coronavirus forces JCPenney to extend closures, furlough workers
- Coronavirus prompts NY hospital system to make backup ventilators from sleep apnea machines
- Coronavirus quarantine boosts home office furniture sales
- Small businesses: When will coronavirus aid arrive?
- Whole Foods workers demand double coronavirus hazard pay with ‘sick out’
- Why small businesses should apply for coronavirus loans now
- Rubio: China hid coronavirus data, leading to ‘faster and further’ spread
- NYC hospital mega-donor: This is key to slowing coronavirus pandemic
- National Enquirer publisher seeing ‘sudden loss of millions,’ forced to slash pay
- China’s Huawei warns more US pressure may spur retaliation
- Coronavirus pandemic causing ‘unprecedented’ US dollar strength
- Amazon worker speaks out after being fired for staging warehouse walkout
- Johnson & Johnson CEO: Coronavirus vaccine could scale up to a billion doses by ’21
- How virus-fueled stock market drop could affect your retirement plans
- US GDP to plummet 34% in second quarter — and then roar back: Goldman Sachs
- Trump administration completes rollback of Obama-era fuel efficiency rules
- Customers returning to stores as China reopens coronavirus hot spot
- New York makes plea for 1 million more health care workers amid virus crisis
- NYC hospital to doctors: ‘Think more critically’ about who gets ventilators
- Coronavirus response informed by statistical projections
- These credit cards are offering coronavirus relief
- What to do if you lose your health insurance
10 Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Featured Focus – Where Business, Politics and Investing Can Meet
The video reports below are an item that could – or perhaps in hindsight, should – have been published in February when this incident took place. There were indications at the time that the Georgia Bureau of Investigations (GBI) would be doing an ongoing investigation and an autopsy on both of the victims involved.
Per the GBI handling’s media release was the following. The address described is that of Clayton Homes production center in Waycross, GA.
On Friday, February 7, 2020, at approximately 9:39 a.m., the Ware County Sheriff’s Office was dispatched to shots fired at 3350 Industrial Blvd., Waycross Ga. Deputies arrived on the scene at approximately 9:42 a.m. and found Virginia Nicole Hill 41 and Lawrence Hill Jr. 44 deceased. The bodies will be transported to the GBI Medical Examiner’s office for autopsy.
The investigation is active and ongoing. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Ware County Sheriff’s Office at (912) 287-4327 or the GBI Douglas office at (912) 389-4103.”
The two videos are from News4Jax. VIDEO: “A husband and wife were killed in what is believed a murder-suicide at a Waycross factory.”
“Husband, wife dead in shooting at Waycross factory.” Note: the two videos have the same opening still but both are different reports.
First Coast News reported it as follows.
Any additional insights from this incident are welcomed.
May all those touched by the losses find comfort and peace.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has now celebrated our tenth anniversary.
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach, co-managing member of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC and co-founder for MHProNews.com, and MHLivingNews.com.
Connect with us on LinkedIn here and here.