There are those who believe that the politics and media bias have never been nastier than it is now. While there is a case to be made, it would be inaccurate to presume that the tactics visible today have not been previously employed. In fact, they’ve been used to various degrees for decades. This evening, we’ll sneak a peak at the highly charged hearings in the Senate, which could shape the business and legal environment for years to come. That will be our focus for tonight.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- JPMorgan settles with black financial advisers who alleged discrimination
- Goldman Sachs says there’s more trouble ahead for Tesla
- Summer’s over. Now investors have to get ready for a rough fall
- Largest US nail manufacturer clings to life under steel tariffs
- The Economist says Steve Bannon is still invited to its festival
- Nike investors aren’t happy about the Colin Kaepernick ad
- Former Facebook exec: America is under attack
- Nike makes a high-stakes gamble by taking sides
- Mercedes-Benz reveals its first all-electric SUV
- Didi upgrades panic button and adds audio recording after riders killed
- Big Tech heads to Washington
- Stelter: Bob Woodward’s book ‘Fear’ revives concerns about Trump’s fitness
- Watch: How your razor blades are made
- Why Coke is getting into the restaurant business
- Kenmore was one of the top appliance brands in the US. What happened?
- Mark Carney willing to lead Bank of England through Brexit aftermath
- How Richard Liu built JD.com into a $45 billion tech giant
- ‘This is an emergency’: Argentina is slashing half of its government ministries
- Ronan Farrow breaks his silence on the NBC-Weinstein controversy
- Read NBC News chairman Andy Lack’s email about Ronan Farrow’s investigation
- Chuck Todd: The days of not engaging with anti-media manipulators are over
- The New Yorker uninvites Steve Bannon from its festival after backlash
- Sleeping Giants’ campaign against Breitbart
- How power changes the CEO brain
- The dangers of the burned out CEO
- Where high-level execs go to recharge
- China blocks a top Australian broadcaster’s website
- California is close to enacting the nation’s strongest net neutrality law
- The Bugatti made of Lego
- Watch: Tesla speeds over railroad tracks and flies over 100 feet
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ is the hit of Labor Day weekend
- Reporter says Bloomberg journalists weren’t his source on Trump’s NAFTA comments
- After more than 60 years, The Village Voice folds
- Who’s who in the NBC News vs. Ronan Farrow saga
- Global slowdown? India’s economy is accelerating
- Ford cancels SUV that it planned to import from China
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Controversy over Kaepernick ads hits Nike shares
- US manufacturing at highest level in more than 14 years
- Stocks lower as traders cautious over trade
- Oil prices rise as tropical storm approaches, rigs in Gulf of Mexico evacuated
- Mercedes unveils Tesla-fighting electric SUV
- Could Coca-Cola buy Dunkin Brands?
- US GDP growth expected to reach 3.5 in 3Q: Kevin Hassett
- US economy to slow: Fed’s James Bullard
- Pay is rising for these lower-wage jobs
- Highest-paid truck drivers at risk of being replaced
- Google, Twitter, Facebook, Apple slapped with class-action lawsuit over conservative censorship
- One-third of employees would take 20% pay cut to work this many days per week
- McCain’s successor: Jon Kyl to replace late Arizona senator
- Nike ‘smart’ to select Kaepernick for ad: Oscar De La Hoya
- Analysts say gas prices are about to drop
- Sheryl Sandberg will donate SurveyMonkey IPO proceeds to honor late husband
- Scandal-plagued Wells Fargo still has friend in Berkshire’s Buffett
- Papa John’s: John Schnatter defied orders, lied about CEO concerns
- Chinese billionaire Liu of JD.com arrested in Minneapolis
- BlackRock voted to remove Musk as Tesla chair
- From tennis court to boardroom: How Maria Sharapova does business
- Maria Sharapova is taking her candy brand to the next level, here’s how
- SocGen expects around $1.4B in US sanctions penalties
- Wells Fargo probes gender-bias claims by female executives: Report
- JPMorgan to offer free online stock trading service
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
The Kavanaugh Hearings, Legal and Business Certainty
Manufactured home industry attorneys Kurt Kelley and Mark Weiss are among those quoted in the report below, as to why legal certainty helps foster a better business environment.
When Clarence Thomas was nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court, he was determined not to get “Borked.”
So, when the cheap shots came Thomas’ way during his Senate confirmation hearings, here is how he handled them.
That’s classic, “high tech lynching” quote from now-Justice Clarence Thomas is a wise insight that applies to much of what is taking place in Washington, and around the country, aimed at the Trump Administration.
To give readers a sense of how the hearing began today, here are two videos from generally left-of-center media. While there is some overlap, each highlights different protests and events. Dozens of interruptions of the GOP hearing chair occurred, per media reports, most by his fellow U.S. Senators.
It is expected that Judge Brett Kavanaugh will win by a narrow vote, that will largely follow party lines.
Time will tell.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.