The mainstream housing market has been slowing and the affordability of conventional housing has hit a new low, said CNBC in the video posted below. A raft of data from the National Association of Realtors (NAR) provides economic and market insights that can be useful to manufactured housing professionals planning their campaigns and inventory as well as to investors or others peering into the most affordable segment of the permeant housing market. If only the manufactured housing industry had a post-production trade association that provided routine public data more like the National Association of Realtors (NAR) and PowerPoints like those provided by their Chief Economist, Dr. Lawrence Yun, Ph.D. Thankfully, the Manufactured Housing Association for Regulatory Reform (MHARR) provides – and has for years – a free-to-the-public monthly resource that provides a snapshot of manufactured housing production. If not for MHARRs data and information updates, numbers of manufactured housing professionals would be in the dark – even if they are members of the ‘umbrella’ (production and post-production) organization that claims to represent “all segments’ of the industry – namely, the Manufactured Housing Institute (MHI). Thankfully, some economic and business insights can be gleaned from the NAR that are published and made public which are not provided by MHI. Or as MHI member Sun Communities (SUI) leader previously said, there is no repository national repository of information on manufactured home communities. Sadly, something similar could be said about manufactured home retail. When current and former MHI members make such observations, does habit and fear alone keep independents towing the line at MHI?
Hold those thoughts as a statistical rundown produced by the NAR on foot traffic and more are shown below.
Nationally, Sentrilock home showings were down 20% year-over-year, declining in all four regions of the U.S. year over year. Showings declined in every region: Northeast (-53%), Midwest (-29%) West (-20%) and South (-12).
July 21, 2022
Nationally, Sentrilock home showings in May 2022 were down 24% year-over-year. Showings declined in every region: Northeast (-55%), Midwest (-29%) West (-27%) and South (-14).
June 21, 2022
Nationally, Sentrilock home showings were down 19% year-over-year, and declined in all regions of the U.S.: Northeast (-55%), Midwest (-27%) West (-23%) and South (-5).
[May] 18, 2022
February Sentrilock home showings were down 12% year-over-year, with declines in all regions except the South. Showings declined in every region except the South (8%). Declines were in the Northeast region (-56%), Midwest (-25%) and West (-17%)
March 18, 2022
With that backdrop, NAR’s Chief Economist Lawrence Yun, Ph.D., recently made the following PowerPoint on economic, housing, jobs, and construction related facts and trends available. Click the link below to see that presentation.
The above should be considered in conjunction with this related fact-packed report that provides more opportunities and useful insights for industry professionals seeking actionable market intelligence.
National manufactured housing data for June 2022 will be posted this week. Until then, the report linked below yields facts found on no other manufactured housing industry trade publication.
Next up is our daily business news recap of yesterday evening’s market report, related left-right headlines, and manufactured housing connected equities.
The Business Daily Manufactured Home Industry Connected Stock Market Updates. Plus, Market Moving Left leaning CNN and Right-leaning (Newsmax) Headlines Snapshot. While the layout of this daily business report has been evolving over time, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. For instance. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market-moving’ news items.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business – from the evening of 8.2.2022
- Credit card binge
- A customer pays to refuel a vehicle at a Costco gas station in the South of Downtown (SoDo) neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, U.S., on Wednesday, March 9, 2022.
- Americans are piling up debt as they struggle to keep up with the high cost of living
- Sandy Hook parents testify about the ‘hell’ Alex Jones inflicted on them through lies about the shooting
- Here come the discounts at Walmart, Best Buy and Gap
- The summer stock rally could produce more pain
- Uber’s business is booming even with high gas prices and inflation
- TikTok’s ties to China are once again under fire in Washington. Here’s why
- The number of available jobs shrank in June
- Analysis: I’m a boss, and I say we should work less
- Inside the ‘life changing’ four-day work week trial
- Help wanted: $78,000 a year to taste candy while sitting on your couch
- Tito’s is trolling canned cocktails with $20 empty cans
- Cassian Andor comes of age in latest ‘Star Wars’ spin-off
- Content by The Ascent
- It’s official: now avoid credit card interest into 2024
- The Exchange Square Complex, which houses the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, in Hong Kong, China, on Wednesday, July 13, 2022. Hong Kong is likely to see more dual-traded companies shift toward primary listings in the financial hub as they seek inclusion in trading links with mainland China, according to the exchange's Chief Executive Officer Nicolas Aguzin. Photographer: Paul Yeung/Bloomberg via Getty Images
- Stocks tumble as Nancy Pelosi arrives in Taiwan
- What’s next for the US housing market
- Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza remains a popular item and menu staple. (Photo by Joshua Blanchard/Getty Images for Taco Bell)
- Taco Bell is bringing back Mexican Pizza
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
- An image created by an AI system called Imagen, built by Google.
- AI made these stunning images. Here’s why experts are worried
- Amazon Alexa will be able to mimic deceased loved ones
- Ocean-exploring robot could search for lost cities
- How AI is transforming factory floors in South Africa
- This AI image generator gives you weird pictures back
- ENERGY CRISIS
- 15 June 2022, Lower Saxony, Hanover: Belit Onay (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen), Lord Mayor of Hanover, speaks in the Council Chamber in the New City Hall on the occasion of the signing of a resolution in the city’s Golden Book. The resolution condemns the Russian war of aggression on Ukraine.
- Cold Showers and no lights: How this city is fighting Russia’s energy battle
- ‘Drill, baby, drill’ is back in Europe as gas crisis looms
- Energy saved US markets last quarter. What’s changed
- Germany bails out its biggest natural gas importer
- Europe plans to force countries to ration gas
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax 8.2.2022
- McConnell, 25 More GOP Senators Back Pelosi’s Taiwan Visit
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and 25 other Republican senators released a joint statement supporting Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for visiting Taiwan. [Full Story]
- Related Stories
- Pelosi Arrives in Taiwan, Voicing ‘Unwavering Commitment’
- Jim Lamon to Newsmax: ‘China’s the Enemy’ of the US
- Taiwan’s Tallest Building Lights Up With Pelosi Welcome
- China Bolsters Military Activity, Including Fighter Jets, Near Taiwan
- Report: Pelosi to Meet Taiwan Leader Wednesday
- US Navy Deploys 4 Warships East of Taiwan
- Russian Invasion of Ukraine
- Russia Accuses US of Direct Ukraine War Role
- Russia Says It Carried Out Strikes in Ukraine’s Mykolaiv, Kharkiv Regions
- Blinken Slams Russia for ‘Reckless, Dangerous Nuclear Saber Rattling’
- Ukraine Sees Russia Redeploying to South
- Trump Slams Biden’s Proposed Prisoner Swap Involving WNBA’s Brittney Griner
- Trump: Ukraine Should Have Made Deal With Putin
- US: Russia Using Ukraine Power Plant as ‘Nuclear Shield’
- Newsmax TV
- Steil: Manchin-Backed Bill Will ‘Clobber’ Families | video
- Ernst: Al-Zawahri Death Shows al-Qaida Staying ‘Undisturbed’ | video
- Candidate Robson: Feeling ‘Fabulous’ About Primary | video
- RNC’s Dennard: Pelosi’s Taiwan Stop Comes as Biden Acts Weak | video
- Jon Stewart: GOP Lying on Claims in Changes to PACT Act | video
- Dick Morris: Fox News Wants Primary Against Trump | video
- Tucker Carlson Didn’t Vote for Trump, New York Times’ Peters Says
- Days after reporting on Fox News’ shadow ban of former President Donald Trump, The New York Times’ Jeremy Peters told Newsmax’s Eric Bolling on Monday night that star host Tucker Carlson didn’t vote for Trump and thinks little of his supporters…. [Full Story] | video
- Related Stories
- Fox News Doesn’t Want Trump Ever, Media Critic Says
- Fox News Banning Trump From Network
- China to Surround Taiwan With Military Drills
- China on Tuesday announced it would surround Taiwan with live-fire [Full Story]
- The Downside: US Strike Shows Afghanistan Still Terror Base
- The Biden administration is holding out the CIA operation that killed [Full Story]
- Tiger Woods Turned Down $700 Million LIV Offer
- LIV Golf CEO Greg Norman apparently wasn’t exaggeratingabout Tiger [Full Story]
- Russia Accuses US of Direct Ukraine War Role
- Russia on Tuesday accused the United States of direct involvement in [Full Story]
- Experts: Karine Jean-Pierre ‘Still Hapless,’ ‘Like a Deer in the Headlights’
- With President Joe Biden isolating again after another positive [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Letter: GOP Senators Oppose Proposed Title IX Protections for Trans Students
- A group of prominent Senate Republicans fears the Biden [Full Story]
- Chinese Purchases of Billions in US Real Estate Raise Security Concerns
- China spent billions of dollars buying U.S. properties last year, and [Full Story] | Platinum Article
- Fed Officials Stay Resolute on Need for Restrictive Policy
- Two of the Federal Reserve’s more “dovish” policymakers on Tuesday [Full Story]
- US Shale Producers Focus on Returns, at Expense of Production
- Top U.S. shale oil producers say they remain laser focused on [Full Story]
- Scientists Develop Nanotech Tattoo That Monitors Health
- South Koreans may soon be able to carry a device inside their own [Full Story]
- Scientists Create Mouse Embryos From Stem Cells
- For the first time, scientists have created synthetic mouse embryos [Full Story]
- Cassidy Hutchinson Kept Working for Trump After Jan. 6
- Former President Donald Trump White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson [Full Story]
- Brad Pitt Reveals Why He Wore a Skirt to Film Premiere
- Brad Pitt made headlines when he wore a linen skirt to the premiere [Full Story]
- US Sues Idaho over Abortion Law, Cites Medical Treatment
- The Justice Department on Tuesday filed a lawsuit that challenges [Full Story]
- Video Reports: Pelosi Visits Taiwan Amid China Tension
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., lands in Taiwan amid rising [Full Story] | video
- Rick Scott Says Joe Biden Is Lying About His Policies
- Rick Scott,R-Fla.,and President Joe Biden are sparring over cuts [Full Story]
- Colorado Poll: Just 7 Percent Like State’s Rapid Growth
- Only 7% of Colorado’s likely voters want the state’s population to [Full Story]
- Joe Scarborough Slams Democrats’ Meddling in GOP Primaries
- MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough lashed out Tuesday at Democrats for meddling [Full Story]
- McConnell, 25 GOP Sens Support Pelosi’s Taiwan Trip
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and 25 other [Full Story]
- Forbes Said to Explore Sale: NYT
- Media firm Forbes is exploring a sale of its business at a price of [Full Story]
- Biden Continues to Test Positive for COVID, Maintains Isolation, Says Doctor
- S. President Joe Biden continued to test positive for COVID-19 on [Full Story]
- Baldwin Says 10 Republican Senators Support Respect for Marriage Act
- Tammy Baldwin, D-Wis., said in a recent interview that at least [Full Story]
- Video Report: First Ukrainian Grain Ship Departs Odesa
- The first ship carrying Ukrainian grain has departed a port in Odesa [Full Story] | video
- Pelosi Arrives in Taiwan, Voicing ‘Unwavering Commitment’
- S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi arrived in Taiwan late on Tuesday on [Full Story]
- News Outlets Sue Over Uvalde School Shooting Records
- A group of more than a dozen news organizations is suing the Texas [Full Story]
- Putin’s Rumored Girlfriend Hit With Latest US Sanctions
- A new round of U.S. sanctions targeting Russian elites includes a [Full Story]
- Jon Stewart to Newsmax: Republicans Lying About Veterans Bill
- Jon Stewart pushed back against Republicans claiming they voted to [Full Story] | video
- Gallup: Dems’ SCOTUS Approval at Record-Low 13 Pts
- The approval rating of the Supreme Court among Democrats has dropped [Full Story]
- Gary Schroen, Heroic CIA Officer in Afghanistan After 9/11, Dies
- Gary Schroen, the CIA field officer in charge of the Afghanistan [Full Story]
- Taiwanese Presidential Office Website Hit by Cyberattack
- The office website of Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen was victimized by [Full Story]
- White-Collar Workers Could Be Hardest Hit This Recession
- When most people think of recessions, massive job losses among the working class is what first comes to mind. Factories closing their doors, construction work grinding to a halt and blue-collar job loss have been the hallmarks of previous recessions…. [Full Story]
- Bryan Steil to Newsmax: Manchin-Backed Bill Will ‘Clobber’ Families
- NY Fines Robinhood Crypto $30M for Skirting Banking Rules
- BP Earnings Soar as Rising Prices Boost Profits
- DuPont Expects Costs to Balloon in 2022
- More Finance
- How to Choose the Safest Sunscreens
- Sunscreen helps protect against skin cancer, but a shocking recall of one of America’s favorite brands reveals that the very product that is supposed to protect against the sun’s harmful rays, can be carcinogenic itself. An internal review of Banana Boat Hair and Scalp…… [Full Story]
- Two Heart Medications Linked to Increased Hot Weather Heart Attack Risk
- Study: Even Easy Exercises Helps Slow Brain Aging
- Pot Users Are Less Prone to Sinus Problems
- Long COVID Treatment Helps Patients Overcome Fatigue in Small Trial
MHProNews has pioneered in our profession several reporting elements that keep our regular and attentive readers as arguably the best informed in the manufactured housing industry. Among the items shared after ‘every business day’ (when markets are open) is our left-right headline recap summary. At a glance in two to three minutes, key ‘market moving’ news items are covered from left-of-center CNN Business and right-of-center Newsmax. “We Provide, You Decide.” © Additionally, MHProNews provides expert commentary and analysis on the issues that others can’t or won’t cover that help explain why manufactured housing has been underperforming during the Berkshire era while an affordable housing crisis and hundreds of thousands of homeless in America rages on. These are “Industry News, Tips, and Views Pros Can Use” © features and others made and kept us the runaway #1 in manufactured housing trade publisher for a dozen years and counting.
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Equities Closing Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
Manufactured Home Communities (a.k.a. ‘Mobile Home Parks’ – SIC) – Exploring UMH Properties; Fellow Manufactured Housing Institute Member Yes! Communities Suits and Settlements; plus MH Markets Updates
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing and have completed over a dozen years of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 12+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship along with numerous awards in history. There have been several awards and honors and also recognition in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.