The Census Bureau has released some new data on U.S. construction spending for April 2021.
— U.S. Census Bureau (@uscensusbureau) June 1, 2021
The effective of inflation needs to be considered in the data above.
NAHB has made the following statement about lumber costs. This will be a topic that MHProNews has been developing insights from a range of sources for a more in depth report soon.
The U.S. economy is so hot, the supply of key materials can’t keep up with surging demand — sparking shortages and price spikes. President Biden does have a lever he could pull to help cool prices of #lumber and steel, as they’re still subject to tariffs. https://t.co/2kbn6bqM04
— NAHB (@NAHBhome) June 2, 2021
This next NAHB tweet makes the point that James A. Jim Schmitz Jr and his colleagues pushed. Namely, that by subsidizing far more costly mainstream housing, that harms the interests of unsubsidized manufactured housing.
The White House this week detailed its plan to produce, preserve, and retrofit 2 million affordable housing units under the American Jobs Plan. But the proposal imposes unprecedented labor mandates on projects that fall under its funding structure. https://t.co/J7zqUtQ5ca
— NAHB (@NAHBhome) May 28, 2021
NAHB also noted the surge from the inner city to the suburbs and exurbs is continuing. This is a trend that could be tapped by manufactured housing.
In Q1 2021, home building grew quicker in places with shorter commute times, according to the NAHB Home Building Geography Index (HBGI) released today. The HBGI also shows the suburban shift in new home construction to lower density markets. https://t.co/vwysJCGIOl | #realestate
— NAHB (@NAHBhome) June 1, 2021
A deeper dive report on the Masthead compares the differences between how the NAHB, the National Association of Realtors (NAR), and the Manufactured Housing Institute has handled the start of June, which is National Home Ownership Month.
May 2021 on MHProNews – our initial traffic data set suggests a good, up month following our recent Daily Business News on MHProNews report and analysis modifications in reports. Our thanks to readers for that ongoing – and growing – sign of support.
Market Transition Notice: While the layout of this business daily report has recently been modified, several elements of the basic concepts used previously are still the same. The headlines that follow below can be reviewed at a glance to save time while providing insights across the left-right media divide. Additionally, those headlines often provide clues as to possible ‘market moving’ reports.
Market Indicator Closing Summaries – Yahoo Finance Closing Tickers on MHProNews…
Headlines from left-of-center CNN Business = evening of 6.1.2021
- Another cyberattack
- Signage is displayed outside the JBS USA pork processing plant in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S., on Friday, June 5, 2020. JBS USA and three other meat processors were accused in Minneapolis federal court of conspiring to inflate the price of beef through an industrywide scheme that's coming to light thanks to federal investigations prompted in part by shortages during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Major meat producer JBS was hit by a ransomware attack, likely from Russia
- America’s staffing shortage is real and getting worse by the day, US Chamber CEO says
- Energy costs are stoking inflation. Just look at US gas prices
- These return-to-work programs could help moms reenter the workforce
- June is Pride Month. Wall Street has taken notice
- ‘It’s just human dignity.’ Trans writers and journalists struggle to get old bylines corrected
- Elon Musk blames rising Tesla prices on raw material costs
- Truckers are getting big pay hikes, but there’s still a shortage of drivers
- Your summer 2021 media guide: In-person premieres, series finales, and new beginnings
- WarnerMedia and Discovery unveil new company name
- Sam’s Club is bringing back free samples
- Princeton alum’s start up raises $51 million to help people retire
- A worker assembles a truss for a home at Wasatch Truss on May 12, 2021 in Spanish Fork, Utah. Lumber prices have sky rocketed along with supply shortages the last several months have plagued the construction industry.
- One lever Biden could use to lower sky-high steel and lumber prices
- Naomi Osaka of Japan during practice on Court Philippe-Chatrier during a practice match against Ashleigh Barty of Australia in preparation for the 2021 French Open Tennis Tournament at Roland Garros on May 2pm 6th 2021 in Paris, France.
- Nike backs Naomi Osaka after she withdraws from French Open
- Pizza Hut is bringing back a fan favorite
- CHINA’S FUTURE
- A newborn baby is seen being cared for in the ward of the hospital neonatal care center in Guyang, Anhui, China on April 25, 2021.
- China’s needs workers but its three-child policy may not fix the problem
- China to allow parents to have up to three children
- Baby and maternity stocks soar after new child policy
- China records slowest population growth in decades
- Workforce powering China’s economic rise is shrinking
- ENCOURAGING THE VACCINE
- OAKLAND, CA – MARCH 26: Nurse Anna Briggs puts down a vial of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine at the Center for Empowering Refugees in collaboration with Native American Health on Friday, March 26, 2021 in Oakland, California. The state of California lowered the age of eligibility for the coronavirus vaccine on March 25 and community health clinic leaders and state health officials worry that will cause even more people without access to the Internet or with transportation or language barriers to be left behind in acquiring their vaccinations.
- Employers can legally offer incentives to employees to get vaccinated
- Get a vaccine, become a millionaire (maybe)
- CVS is handing out prizes for Covid-19 vaccinations
- CVS wants to reward you for getting vaccinated
- Krispy Kreme gives away over 1.5 million doughnuts to vaccinated people
- WHAT TO WATCH
- This boat-inspired Rolls-Royce could be the most expensive new car ever
- Watch Elizabeth Warren grill Jamie Dimon over pandemic overdraft fees
- ‘I’m not lazy’: Single mom relies on unemployment benefits to care for daughter
- Left: James Kendall is the Senior Pastor at Grace Community Church in Madera, California. Kendall gave a sermon at his church warning congregants about QAnon.
- Right: Ben Marsh is a pastor at First Alliance Church in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. He has seen members of his church share conspiracy theories on their social media pages.
- QAnon is spreading in churches. These pastors are trying to stop it
- Vitalik Buterin, co-founder and inventor of Ethereum speaks during Samsung Developer Conference in San Jose, California on October 30, 2019.
- Ethereum’s 27-year-old founder says we’re in a crypto bubble. Did it just burst?
- These return-to-work programs could help moms reenter the workforce
- Rolls-Royce is unveiling a custom-built car it created for just three customers.
- Rolls-Royce will now build you any car you want, but it will cost millions
- Ford is the undisputed king of trucks. Here’s how it got there
- closeup of a young man in an office holding a briefcase and a surgical mask in his hand
- Managers, buckle up. Your job will be harder than ever as we return to the office
- Signage is displayed outside the JBS USA pork processing plant in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S., on Friday, June 5, 2020. JBS USA and three other meat processors were accused in Minneapolis federal court of conspiring to inflate the price of beef through an industrywide scheme that’s coming to light thanks to federal investigations prompted in part by shortages during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Major meat producer JBS USA hit by cyberattack, likely from Russia
- Wanted: Millions of cybersecurity pros. Salary: Whatever you want
- Signage outside SolarWinds Corp. headquarters in Austin, Texas on Tuesday, Dec. 22, 2020. A former security adviser at the IT monitoring and network management company SolarWinds Corp. said he warned management of cybersecurity risks and laid out a plan to improve it that was ultimately ignored.
- Microsoft says SolarWinds hackers have struck again at the US and other countries
- FACEBOOK WHATSAPP
- Silicon Valley is in a high-stakes standoff with India
Headlines from right-of-center Newsmax – evening of 5.27.2021
- Biden Prods Congress on Bill Allowing 11M Illegal Immigrants to Gain Citizenship
- Newsmax TV
- Gordon Chang to Newsmax: Biden COVID Report May Conceal US Complicity
- Ric Grenell to Newsmax: Idea VP Harris Is Ready to Lead ‘Is a Joke’ |
- Andy Biggs: Enforced Mask Wearing Is Neo-Fascism |
- Corey Lewandowski: 2 ‘Separate Sets of Rules’ for Dems, GOP |
- Tenney: Police Reform Bills Proving Problematic
- Dershowitz: NY Prosecutor Ran on Promise to Get Trump
- Bitter Fight Over Filibuster Looms
- Democrats are getting set for what could be a bitter battle with Republicans over the fate of the filibuster as they face mounting pressure to get rid of it, reports The Hill. Democrats have invoked “Jim Crow” as a means to discredit the filibuster, a tactic that allows…
- Two People Reported Struck by Gunfire at Los Angeles County Fire Station
- A shooting erupted on Tuesday at a Los Angeles County fire station,
- WH Dodges on Whether Tulsa Massacre Survivors Should Get Reparations
- The White House declined to back a proposal for three survivors of
- NEWSMAX PODCAST: The Dominos Begin To Fall
- PLUS: Newsmaxs Grant Stinchfield talks to K.T. McFarland about why
- ‘Not Here, Not Ever’: Gov. DeSantis on Challenge to Florida’s Girls Sports Fairness Law
- Remaining on the cutting edge of conservatism, public policy, and
- Despite ‘Absurd’ Biden Claims, US-Mexico Border Still a Crisis, Experts Say
- After nearly a month of intensive media coverage of illegal
- Biden to Suspend Oil Leases in Alaska’s Arctic Refuge
- The Biden administration is suspending oil and gas leases in Alaska’s
- COVID Variants to be Given Greek Alphabet Names
- Covid-19 variants are to be known by letters of the Greek alphabet to [Full Story]
- White House to Resume In-Person Work for All Staff in July
- Cruise Lines, Fla. Gov. DeSantis Heading for Showdown Over Vaccine Passports
- Evidence Suggests US Taxpayers Funded Coronavirus
- ‘Blue Lives Murder’ Merchandise for Sale on Amazon, Cops Say ‘Stop Selling It’
- Law enforcement officers recently demanded that Amazon stop selling
- Biden Pushes Congress to Pass Bill Allowing 11 Million Immigrants to Gain Citizenship
- President Joe Biden on Tuesday issued a statement that called on
- Photos from Burning Man Are for Brave Eyes Only
- Harris Aides ‘Panicked’ When Biden Assigned Her Immigration Task in March
- When President Joe Biden announced back in March that he was
- Supreme Court Endorses Tribal Police Power in Montana Dispute
- The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday endorsed Native American tribal
- Chauvin Faces Hearing on Federal Charges in Floyd’s Death
- The former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murder in George
- Grand Slam Leaders Pledge to Address Naomi Osaka’s Concerns
- Moderna Files for Full US Approval of COVID-19 Vaccine
- Moderna Inc on Tuesday filed for full U.S. approval of its COVID-19
- Zero UK COVID Daily Deaths Fuel Demands to End Lockdown
- Amazon Changes Policy, Allows Customers to File Lawsuits
- Amazon has changed its policy to allow customers to file lawsuits. By
- Fauci Book on ‘Truth’ and ‘Service’ Due in November
- New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo won’t be the only controversial public
- Fauci Overwhelmed With Emails Early in Pandemic
- EXCLUSIVE: North Korea a ‘Mortal Nuclear Threat,’ US Underestimates EMP Tech
- The West consistently and unwittingly cooperates with North Korea by
- Graham: Will Push for Israel’s $1B Request From US for Iron Dome
- Israeli’s government will ask the Pentagon this week for $1 billion
- July Deadline Approaching for Some to Register With 9/11 Fund
- A July deadline looms for some people seeking compensation for
- Tim Scott Stars in RNC Ad Slamming Biden’s Policies
- President Joe Biden’s socialist policies are tearing apart the
- Major Rulings Loom for Supreme Court in Last Month of Term
- The U.S. Supreme Court heads into the last month of its current term
- Netanyahu Legal Challenge to Rival’s PM Bid Rejected
- Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s party on Tuesday challenged the
- Pope Francis Criminalizes Sexual Abuse of Adults by Priests
- Pope Francis has changed church law to explicitly criminalize the
- Flynn Denies He Called for US Coup
- Former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn is denying that he
- Trump to Supporters Who Took Part in Florida Boat Parade: ‘I Love You’
- Former President Donald Trump paid tribute to his supporters for
- China Reports Human Case of H10N3 Bird Flu, Possible First
- A man in eastern China has contracted what might be the world’s first
- Conservative Business Group Sues MLB, Players Union
- A conservative group representing small businesses is taking Major
- Ric Grenell to Newsmax: Idea VP Harris Is Ready to Lead ‘Is a Joke’
- The criticism Vice President Kamala Harris faced for her “enjoy
- Huge American Flag Stolen From LA Veterans Cemetery
- Authorities said a huge American flag and several smaller flags were
- More Newsfront
- Autonomous Vehicle Company Cruise Urges Biden to Back Deployment Boost
- Cruise LLC, the autonomous vehicle (AV) company majority-owned by General Motors Co, has urged President Joe Biden to back efforts to speed thousands of self-driving cars to U.S. roads, saying the country risks… [Full Story]
- Supreme Court Declines to Hear J&J Appeal of $2 Billion Baby Powder Judgment
- 55@ of Natwest Staff Will Adopt Hybrid Working Model
- Apple to Open More Stores Even as Pandemic Drives Online Sales
- Johnson & Johnson Asks Supreme Court to Void $2B Talc Verdict
- More Finance
- Incentives Encourage COVID-19 Vaccination
- Interest in vaccinations rose after Dr. Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, announced that vaccinated people can remove their masks. [Full Story]
- The Best Time of Day to Exercise to Metabolize Fat
- Tai Chi Trims Belly Fat as Effectively as Aerobic Exercise
- Weight Loss Reverses Diabetes, and May Negate Need for Blood Pressure Meds
- Peel Your Way to Sexy, Youthful Skin
Manufactured Housing Industry Investments Connected Closing Equities Tickers
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services, a manufactured home industry lender
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
- NOTE: Deer Valley was largely taken private, say company insiders in a message to MHProNews on 12.15.2020, but there are still some outstanding shares of the stock from the days when it was a publicly traded firm. Thus, there is still periodic activity on DVLY.
MHProNews. MHProNews – previously a.k.a. MHMSM.com – has celebrated our 11th year of publishing, and is starting our 12the year of serving the industry as the runaway most-read trade media.
Sample Kudos over the years…
It is now 11+ years and counting…
Learn more about our evolutionary journey as the industry’s leading trade media, at the report linked below.
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
That’s a wrap on this installment of “News Through the Lens of Manufactured Homes and Factory-Built Housing” © where “We Provide, You Decide.” © (Affordable housing, manufactured homes, stock, investing, data, metrics, reports, fact-checks, analysis, and commentary. Third-party images or content are provided under fair use guidelines for media.) (See Related Reports, further below. Text/image boxes often are hot-linked to other reports that can be access by clicking on them.)
By L.A. “Tony” Kovach – for MHProNews.
Tony earned a journalism scholarship and earned numerous awards in history and in manufactured housing. For example, he earned the prestigious Lottinville Award in history from the University of Oklahoma, where he studied history and business management. He’s a managing member and co-founder of LifeStyle Factory Homes, LLC, the parent company to MHProNews, and MHLivingNews.com. This article reflects the LLC’s and/or the writer’s position, and may or may not reflect the views of sponsors or supporters.