The Daily Business News on MHProNews has spent weeks first documenting the sound fundamentals of the economy, and then underscoring some of the same – and very cogent points that – this Ph.D. from J.P. Morgan Chase makes in our featured report this evening.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Money…
- Stocks slide as Trump advisers contradict each other on trade
- Bitcoin’s epic plunge continues
- US case against Huawei CFO revealed in Canadian court
- OPEC and Russia agree to slash oil production
- US economy adds a weaker-than-expected 155,000 jobs in November
- Chinese investors lead a $5 billion bid for the owner of Louisville Slugger
- Mysterious Instagram glitch shows funky lines on photos
- This CEO thinks it’s crazy to work more than 40 hours a week
- Walmart turns to robots and apps in stores
- Marlboro owner Altria invests $1.8 billion in cannabis company Cronos
- PERSPECTIVES Homeowners have lost $156 billion by living in a ‘black neighborhood’
- Fiat Chrysler to open a plant in Detroit to build a new Jeep, report says
- Why the stock market is freaking out
- ABC had a million reasons to boot Kevin Hart
- Slack’s quest to take its workplace chat app international
- Who is Meng Wanzhou, the Chinese exec wanted by the US?
- What is Huawei, and why its CFO’s arrest really matters
- The company’s no good, very bad year just got even worse
- Arresting Huawei exec is a case of spectacularly bad timing
- The rise of China’s ‘Silicon Valley’
- GM’s restructuring was tough. Ford’s could be even harder
- Porsche just remade its signature sports car
- The real story behind BMW’s American ambitions
- Jeep will make its first pickup in 26 years
- Audi reveals the E-Tron GT, an all-electric sports car
Select Bullets from Fox Business…
- Dow tanks more than 500 points to end stomach-churning week
- GM CEO Mary Barra was forced to shut US plants: Bob Nardelli
- Unemployment holds at 3.7 percent as job growth slows
- Tesla could buy GM’s shuttered plants, Elon Musk says
- Chrysler to open factory in Detroit, weeks after GM layoffs
- 4 future ‘Congressional battles’ keeping Larry Kudlow ‘up at night’
- Amazon bear repellent accident this week wasn’t its first
- Legal cannabis industry: Altria, Molson-Coors among companies exploring market
- Sears’ biggest holder bids $4.6B for rest of bankrupt chain
- Here’s where November jobs growth took place
- XFL, USFL, other pro football leagues that took on the NFL
- Ex-Chiefs star Kareem Hunt cost himself millions with hotel assault video
- XFL unveils 8 team cities, says games will be cheaper, fast-paced
- 9 smart money moves to make in 2019
- Recession-proof your finances: Tips to prepare
- How Trump’s tariffs will cost you
- Huawei CFO extradition order was an independent act by the DOJ: Peter Navarro
- Larry Kudlow weighs in on Huawei
- Huawei CFO arrest a ‘despicable rogue action’ by US: Chinese media
- Amazon eyes expansion of check-out free stores at airports
- US holiday online shopping on pace for sales record
- OPEC, Russia to cut oil output, despite Trump pressure
Today’s markets and stocks, at the closing bell…
Manufactured Housing Composite Value (MHCV)
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Yes, jobs came in lower than expectation. But it was more political news that several of the bullets above suggest send stocks tumbling again. That volatility has caused most of our tracked stocks to tumble once more.
Marko Kolanovic, Ph.D. with J.P. Morgan Chase has a perspective that will help thinkers to sort out what’s going on.
Per CNBC this evening,
- Despite a positive fundamental backdrop, markets have been pummeled in wild trading this quarter.
- “To some extent, we trace the disconnect between negative sentiment and macroeconomic reality to the reinforcing feedback loop of real and fake negative news,” wrote J.P. Morgan Chase top quant Marko Kolanovic.
- One recent example, according to Kolanovic, was the media treatment of the arrest of an executive from Chinese hardware manufacturer Huawei.
“Positive GDP and earnings are ‘reality,’ which is currently starkly disconnected from equity sentiment, valuation, and positioning,” Kolanovic said in the note.
“While higher volatility that comes with less monetary support warrants somewhat lower equity valuations, lower risk positioning, higher equity volatility and higher credit spreads, we think that the current divergence is simply too large,” Kolanovic said in the note. “To some extent, we trace the disconnect between negative sentiment and macroeconomic reality to the reinforcing feedback loop of real and fake negative news.”
China-U.S. trade tensions, and Federal Reserve policies are among the factors often cited.
MHProNews would note that at some time the issues with China, among others, had to be dealt with sooner or later. In fact, the can has been kicked down the road for some 20 years. The time to deal with these issues is now, and broadly speaking, the Trump Administration is arguably on the right path.
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.