Whatever your political viewpoint – left, right, center, or meh – the upcoming 2020 presidential, congressional, and state races will have a serious impact on your business and investments. So it pays to be in the know. Tonight’s spotlight report will follow our left-right headline review. On a day when many stocks rose, that will be our featured report.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
- Unintended consequences
- Houses line the street in the Crenshaw neighborhood of Los Angeles.
- Opportunity Zones were developed to help the poor. But trendy areas are benefiting
- WEALTH COACH Can average investors take advantage of Opportunity Zones?
- Quicken Loans settles with Federal Housing Authority in fraudulent lending case
- Stocks are pointing lower. Global growth worries return. Here’s what’s happening in markets today
- Chewy raises $1 billion in IPO
- Women across Switzerland are on strike to protest the gender pay gap
- NASA will need billions for moon landing, administrator says
- What it takes to be a $200,000-a-year nanny
- US oil imports from OPEC plunge to 30-year lows. China’s are surging
- EXCLUSIVE With political scrutiny mounting, Google goes on job creation tour
- Sundar Pichai warns against pushing to regulate big tech simply ‘for the sake of regulating’
- Why tech may need to slow down
- On-demand workers are protesting — using the apps they work for
- EXCLUSIVE It’s time for businesses to start saving the oceans, argue Marc Benioff and Marco Lambertini
- Broadcom was stung by US Huawei ban, dragging chipmaking industry down
- Fake videos are a threat to the 2020 US election. This could stop them
- Why it’s getting harder to spot a deepfake video
- Will Facebook remove a fake video of its own CEO?
- The US government is racing to fight deepfake
- What is a deepfake, explained
- Toyota cars will now turn themselves off if you forget
- Gas prices could fall below $2 a gallon for many Americans
- The US oil boom is making history
- America’s CFOs are bracing for a recession
- This is why America’s travel business is worried
- Midwest corn farmer on planting season: ‘Disaster like I’ve never seen before’
- US stocks trade lower on weak Chinese data, chip shares
- PetSmart’s Chewy shares soar during its market debut
- Amazon’s online market share may be smaller than previously thought
- Cities where most residents have credit card debt of $10,000 and higher: report
- Warren Buffett breaks million-dollar tradition at Tron CEO’s request
- Raptors architect Masai Ujiri to be offered $10M, ownership stake to run Wizards: Report
- Trump administration expands pre-tax accounts for health insurance coverage
- Don’t run out of money in retirement: 4 tips to protect savings
- Trump’s pounding of Federal Reserve to continue he says
- King Arthur Flour recalls more than 14,000 cases of flour over possible E. coli contamination
- The Beatles’ first contract with Brian Epstein could fetch 6-figure bid at auction
- AOC, Bernie Sanders skewer Amazon Prime’s new credit card: We ‘intend to outlaw it’
- LIQS puts a high-end twist to your typical cocktail shot
- Mike Huckabee: Sarah Sanders running for Arkansas governor ‘could happen’
- Biden vs AOC: VP’s 2020 run pits him against Democratic progressives
- These are the least affordable housing markets in the US, study says
- Will Kamala Harris prosecute President Trump?
- Biden blasts Amazon for tax strategies that Obama supported
- Like oil and gas dominance, America can win rare earth production
- Trump defends remarks about taking foreign government intel on rivals
- Sanders’ socialism vs. Biden’s nostalgia
- How this Eagle Scout earned 138 badges
- Tesla will be purchased: Scott Galloway
- Biden blasts Amazon for tax strategies that Obama supported
- Amazon’s ‘zero tax liability’ is a feature, not a bug of the tax code.
- Outlook for retail in America
Today’s markets and stocks snapshot, at the closing bell…
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
Did you watch right-of-center Fox News’ town hall with former HUD Secretary Julian Castro last night? We did.
The video report from left-of-center MSNBC provides the lineups for each night of the first 2020 Democratic debates as announced. Steve Kornacki breaks down what to watch for each evening.
As a reminder to readers, the plan here on campaign coverage for 2020 looks like this. We will cover Democrats, Republican, and any independents – such as Howard Schultz, or a stronger minor party – in the run up for the next several months, amidst other industry reports.FirstDemocraticDebateNight2ThuJune272019DailyBusinessNewsMHProNews
We know that several 2020 candidates have already taken aim at manufactured housing industry issues.
Indeed, if you ponder former GOP presidential hopeful, and now HUD Secretary Ben Carson, plus others in Congress, there have been strong signals sent from both sides of the political aisle that manufactured housing could be a campaign topic.
We plan to lay the groundwork and cover it.
As we get into the early primary states, at some point we will underscore those candidates that we believe will be the best for the industry in our ‘We Provide, You Decide’ © fashion.
Then, once the candidates are finalized, we’ll ponder formal endorsements.
It’s your money. If you thought 2016 was a wild ride, our sources tell us to expect 2020 to make it look tame. So stay tuned.
Yahoo Finance Closing Ticker for MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.