If a few days of pause in headlines about billionaire Howard Schultz of Starbucks fame made you think you missed a latte, he’s back. Schultz spoke in Miami, FL today, and outlined some of his concepts for a independent in the White House. On a day that broader markets rose, with a more mixed day on manufactured housing connected tracked equities, we’ll take a fresh look at Schultz plans for a 2020 campaign to become the first independent in the 21st century to become president.
If you’re new, already hooked on our new spotlight feature – or are ready to get the MH professional fever – our headline report is found further below, after the newsmaker bullets and major indexes closing tickers.
The evolving Daily Business News market report sets the manufactured home industry’s stocks in the broader context of the overall markets. Headlines – at home and abroad – often move the markets. So, this is an example of “News through the lens of manufactured homes, and factory-built housing.” ©
Part of this unique evening feature provides headlines – from both sides of the left-right media divide – which saves busy readers time, while underscoring topics that may be moving investors, which in turn move the markets.
Readers say this is also a useful quick-review tool that saves researchers time in getting a handle of the manufactured housing industry, through the lens of publicly-traded stocks connected with the manufactured home industry.
This is an exclusive evening or nightly example of MH “Industry News, Tips and Views, Pros Can Use.” © It is fascinating to see just how similar, and different, these two lists of headlines can be.
Want to know more about the left-right media divide from third party research? ICYMI – for those not familiar with the “Full Measure,” ‘left-center-right’ media chart, please click here.
Select bullets from CNN Business
• The company has lost more than $28 billion in market value since Friday
• Grounding all 737 Max planes could cost Boeing billions of dollars
• Boeing says it will tell the FAA to ground its 737 Max planes ‘out of an abundance of caution’
• Kayak will allow flyers to filter by plane model, including the 737 Max jet
• Norwegian Air wants Boeing to pay for grounded 737 Max planes
• A group of 150 PhD economists are at the core of Amazon’s revolutionary e-commerce strategy
• Fiat Chrysler recalls nearly 900,000 vehicles
• Why failure shouldn’t be a bad word in business
• Spotify wants EU antitrust officials to investigate Apple
• Brexit chaos leaves business ‘staring down the precipice’
• Toyota is working on a moon buggy
• Huawei CEO: US scare tactics will frighten off investors
• Who is Huawei founder Ren Zhengfei?
• Huawei is under siege, and now it’s going on the offensive
• Why the tech giant is suing the US government
• Walgreens and CVS are 2019’s stock market losers
• Rite Aid’s CEO is out as company cleans house
• FDA calls Walgreens’ sale of tobacco to minors “disturbing”
• This is the CVS of the future
Select bullets from Fox Business
• Trump orders US to ground Boeing 737 Max jets
• FAA has grounded these jets in the past
• Pilot of crashed Ethiopian Airlines jet reported flight-control problems
• After Boeing jet crash, Trump tweets ‘airplanes are becoming far too complex to fly’
• British lawmakers reject no-deal Brexit in any circumstance
• SEC chair Clayton on Elon Musk saga: 280 characters on Twitter ‘just aren’t enough’ at times
• BlackBerry morphs into billion-dollar AI cyber company
• Trump’s grounding of Boeing 737 Max jets trims stock market gains
• Fiat Chrysler recalling nearly 863K US vehicles that don’t meet EPA standards
• FDA moves to ban sales of flavored e-cigs
Today’s Market Indexes at the Closing Bell…
Today’s Big Movers
For all the scores and highlights on tracked manufactured home connected stocks today, see the Bloomberg graphic, posted below.
Today’s MH Market Spotlight Report –
First, as a backgrounder, let’s share a video of Howard Schultz talking about leadership.
The video above is from a prior London Business Forum. “This is the story behind the Starbucks comeback told by its CEO Howard Schultz. Concerned that Starbucks had lost its way, Howard returned as CEO eight years after he stepped down. Determined to re-establish the company’s vision, Howard reveals what he has learnt about becoming and leading a global brand,” says that YouTube page summary.
Then, here’s CBS News on a talk by Shultz today. Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz said he would lead a charge to make a “transformative change” for the country. He told CBS News’ Ed O’Keefe he would appoint “the most diverse administration” in history. Sounds a bit like the Obama 2008 campaign, but we’ll see.
Finally, from Fox Business, a 36 minute video of his talk today in Miami, FL.
The possibility of a Schultz campaign furrows brows among Democrats, which may make it a dream come true for the GOP. But for those who reflect back on the Ross Perot independent campaign in the 1992 election cycle, it shouldn’t be taken lightly by either major party. It could prove to be a healthy thing for the debates over who should lead the nation after the 2020 campaign voting wraps up.
Says fellow billionaire Steve Forbes, “Don’t under estimate a Schultz candidacy.”
Bloomberg Closing Ticker for Tracked Equities on MHProNews…
NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
NOTE: The chart below covers a number of stocks NOT reflected in the Yahoo MHCV, shown above.
NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
Berkshire Hathaway is the parent company to Clayton Homes, 21st Mortgage, Vanderbilt Mortgage and other factory built housing industry suppliers.
LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI and LP all supply manufactured housing.
AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to industry praise for our coverage, is found here.
For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)
Submitted by Soheyla Kovach to the Daily Business News for MHProNews.com.